• Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Poker Stars $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 2123798
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

CO: $12.42 - VPIP: 16, PFR: 16, 3B: 0, AF: 0,0, Hands: 50
      BTN: $3.82 - VPIP: 42, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 1,0, Hands: 130
      Hero (SB): $10.15 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 17, 3B: 4, AF: 2,0, Hands: 114029
      BB: $21.12 - VPIP: 22, PFR: 17, 3B: 13, AF: 2,0, Hands: 123, 3b vs hero:31%
      UTG: $10.15 - VPIP: 15, PFR: 15, 3B: 10, AF: 0,0, Hands: 34

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is SB with 2 :diamond: 2 :heart:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, BB raises to $0.70, Hero raises to $1.80, BB calls $1.10

Flop: ($3.60) T :diamond: 4 :spade: T :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.90, BB raises to $3.80, Hero folds

The guy just keeps 3betting me, and I cant do anything,becaus he's IP. I really dunno what to do... I cant just wait till Aa,KK to play back... I should just shove with pocket pairs. So much dead money in the middle, and it's not like he1s going to call with 77.
  • 8 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Imimba,

Preflop: So you chose one of the worst hands to 4-bet bluff with?

Either raise and plan to go broke or simply fold. If he abuses you a lot stop min raising in the SB because that definitely can induce a lot of raises. Tighten up your range and increase your value range. Also start calling more stronger hands.

And if stuff really gets bad you can limp/call but that's definitely my last option.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Imimba,

Either raise and plan to go broke or simply fold. If he abuses you a lot stop min raising in the SB because that definitely can induce a lot of raises. Tighten up your range and increase your value range. Also start calling more stronger hands.

And if stuff really gets bad you can limp/call but that's definitely my last option.
      1) Raise and go broke generally preflop, or in this situation postflop/preflop?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Imimba1
      Hi Imimba,

1) Raise and go broke generally preflop, or in this situation postflop/preflop?
      I'm talking about preflop. Postflop we can't really do that.

Pairs have the best equity versus a "standard" stacking off range so if you plan to 4-bet with them it's generally to stack off. Otherwise you are much better off bluffing with blockers.
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      One option is to change table. I prefer to have that kind of gays on my right side, it's a lot easier to outplay them.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze

Pairs have the best equity versus a "standard" stacking off range so if you plan to 4-bet with them it's generally to stack off. Otherwise you are much better off bluffing with blockers.
      That means, that we usually want to 4b BIG with PPs, to get big FE, right?
      I mean, we dont want to 4b small with e.g. 22, because we want him to fold hands like AQ.
      ~2.1$?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic

That means, that we usually want to 4b BIG with PPs, to get big FE, right?
      I mean, we dont want to 4b small with e.g. 22, because we want him to fold hands like AQ.
      ~2.1$?
      Well, yes. Look at this way.

Raises are small so you will get called a lot more. Do you really want to play postflop with 22 in a bloated pot?

I really doubt it. So you are setting yourself up for failure with this 4-bet.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      So all in all, IF I want to 4bet with 22 here, I should 4bet BIG, because if AQ or random Ax, Kx hands fold, or really anything, I'm really happy. I have the best hand here very often, but marginally, so it's good if he folds overcards.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      So all in all, IF I want to 4bet with 22 here, I should 4bet BIG, because if AQ or random Ax, Kx hands fold, or really anything, I'm really happy. I have the best hand here very often, but marginally, so it's good if he folds overcards.
      You could do that but you are much better off not 4-betting to being with. And of course once we 4-bet big we call off.