[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH zoom. T8s big draw on the turn.

• Pkrpains
      [B]Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($25)
      BB ($33.08)
      UTG ($24.50)
      UTG+1 ($21.62)
      CO ($40.68)
      Hero ($38.61)

Dealt to Hero T:club: 8:club:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.60, fold, BB raises to $2.24, Hero calls $1.64

FLOP ($4.58) 8:heart: 4:club: J:diamond:

BB bets $2.36, Hero calls $2.36

TURN ($9.30) 8:heart: 4:club: J:diamond: 9:club:

BB bets $5.04, Hero raises to $15, BB raises to $28.48 (AI), Hero calls $13.48

RIVER ($66.26) 8:heart: 4:club: J:diamond: 9:club: 9:diamond: [/b]

Villain is 26/24/9 3bet (11 vs steal) / 4.3 AF / 120 hands. Had a note on him, which says ''raise on Ace river to my small 1/3 pot inducing bet with air''

On the river I pick up lots of equity, the board is not comfortable for overpairs, I should have lots of FE against pretty much anything except sets, therefore I decide to semi-bluff raise. And when he shoves, I am commited and never folding my hand.

Thanks. :heart:
  • 1 reply
    • w34z3l
      Hey Pkrpains,

Vs 9% 3better I think T8s is an ok defend but should be close to the bottom of your range. I think folding preflop is fine.

Flop is a pretty standard call vs any wide 3better, assuming he just cbets any flop extremely often.

I have run analysis on very similar situations recently, and my conclusion is you should usually flat turn rather than raise This is because very often wide 3betters do not double barrel light at these stakes.

Against a pure value range of something like JJ+, QTs you only have 37.5% equity. Assuming you have no fold equity raising turn isn't great, because you are just going to be shipping the money in bad a lot.

At higher stakes, great, raise the turn. At these stakes, flat IP, take advantage of your pot-odds and implied odds when villain can't get away from his AA or set on the river.

Having said this, I still expect your line to be +EV especially if villain is capable of folding some of his value range. I just think flat turn may have higher expectation at these stakes.