Let's love MSS

• 9 replies
    • IronPumper
      IronPumper
      Coach
      Coach
      somehow the spoiler does not work for me - see only a white empty picture, but no stats.
      Other than this:

I think I have develooped with help of some pokerbuddies a solid strat with soid ranges vs. 40bb-rats, but not yet vs. 50BB-rats.
      The thing that I do not have here a solid system sucks axspecially when I play zoom cause obv. there those ppl are starting out w 50BBs...

cannot provide so far anything cause as said, spolier-pic does not work for me...
    • franeczek
      franeczek
      Global
      What at least I look when I see MSS is their VPIP/PFR gap he seems to be yet another I don't cold call MSS because of that I assume he 3b depolarized so TOP 6-14% of his range whatever it is.

It seems that the only spot where he has some sort of calling range is BB. So thats probably the only spot where he has polarized 3betting range given that he has there some calling range.
    • GrindJ
      GrindJ
      Bronze
      Hi, some thoughts:

I would 4bet call against that 14%-21% range 3bet with 77+, AJs,AQo.

He's sb steal is incredible; I would 3bet small at least 20%-30% of my hands because he folds so much to 3bets (74). I also flat my strongest range and bluffraise flops. I 5bet jam AJs+,66+, sometimes 22+ and AXs, hands.

I would 3bet his button 20-25% or more because he folds too much (74).

Then if he/she/bot can adjust, I change my ranges again.
    • Varune
      Varune
      Bronze
      I'd 3bet him alot(esp his SB), he folds 71% overall to 3bets. Your 3bets could be a bit smaller than vs fullstacked regs, as MSS tend to play more 4bet/fold imo.

His 4betting seems better balanced.

Postflop he seems a bit to aggro for me, cbetting 80% and in 3bet pots a bit more. I would adjust by raising and floating him a bit more with speculative hands. As he folds 73% to flop floats.

And he floats 76% himself, so doublebarreling more would be nice too i think.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey,

Did you guys see Jack Daniels video this week btw? He plays 400/600 MSS, maybe we can take some things from their into this thread too?

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/video/28179/
    • yes100
      yes100
      Bronze
      I used to play 50BB MSS @ ZOOM200 myself and what really gave me a lot of trouble was regs calling my 3bets ridiculously wide IP/OOP and then stacking off very light/click-back a ton of my cbets.
      Most MSS 3bet/broke-ranges are constructed with the assumption you -could- push x% range against x% OR. As they will not direct push and include bluffs in that range calling, espespially against small 3bets, could work as you can realise your equity/stack off light more often than against 100BB stacks.
      Also of course constructing a good 4bet range.
    • BC1989RF
      BC1989RF
      Gold
      Originally posted by yes100
      I used to play 50BB MSS @ ZOOM200 myself and what really gave me a lot of trouble was regs calling my 3bets ridiculously wide IP/OOP and then stacking off very light/click-back a ton of my cbets.
      Most MSS 3bet/broke-ranges are constructed with the assumption you -could- push x% range against x% OR. As they will not direct push and include bluffs in that range calling, espespially against small 3bets, could work as you can realise your equity/stack off light more often than against 100BB stacks.
      Also of course also constructing a good 4bet range.
      This imo.

Key point in playing vs mss is to reach leverage points; thats what they do when they 3bet: we cannot 4bet/fold and this is why its so annoying.
      on the other hand, a) they generally play a bit less good postflop and b) spr's in 3bet pots are now like 2-2.5 and we can push v light on flops. specially Jhi flops and below.
      and as yes said, youll realize yr equity much easier.

think theres some things to do in sgl raised pots - specially since this guy seems so unbalnced/cbetting too much.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      That's not true, we can still 4bet/fold in late position battles.

E.g. We open 2bb, they 3b to 5 or 6bb. We can make it 10-11 bb and still fold to a 40bb push.

Pretty similar to opening 3bb vs a full stacked player, they 3b to 10bb, we 4bet to 25 bb (25% of our stack) and fold to a 100bb push.
    • BC1989RF
      BC1989RF
      Gold
      oh yeh in a minraise scenario its possible.