Lackoo @Hungary push push inda bush

• Lackoogcb
      Lackoogcb
      Black
      Hello!

I'm Lackoo from Hungary, 25 years old, and this is one of the stuffs I do when I don't play poker :D
      :s_cool:

What do you play?
      :diamond: So when I do play, I currently play NL100-200 SH...

Poker history?
      :diamond: I met poker when I studied at the university. Same situation as for many of you guys, we played 1$-5$ friendly garage poker tournaments. I remember when my hand was shaking so hard when I played my first HU for ~10$ and bluffed my whole stack with AK on the river and the guy was thining for like 10minutes and then folded faceup the JT high! And I was wow man, you wanted to call with that? And he said: You didn't look like who has anything. :D So I started to read books and realized maybe people can live from this stuff financially. If I start something I want to be the best at it, so quickly found PS and started with 50 bucks. I think I busted 1-2 times, then I finally build a pretty big roll in a short time and I started to pay everything for myself from poker and it stayed the same. I love to play live and online both!

Goals and aspirations for poker?
      :diamond: Well my goal in this year is winning 150k+$ and minimum rake 100k$, but this started very bad so far. My bigger goal is to do some serious buisness from poker budget OR if poker will be alive in 5-10-15-20-25-30 years maybe playing poker till i die :] But unfortunately I don't think this is the deal.

What do you struggle with?
      :diamond: I feel sometimes I give up some spots too easy
      :diamond: I cannot adapt well to few kind of regulars. (I don't even understand how can they win that much)
      :diamond: I don't know how much should I care about redline (don't care, win both, win nonsd 0 sd, win sd, 0 nonsd) of course it depends on stlye, but still I wanna think about it
      :diamond: 4-bet spots from 100bb (I'm IP A5s,87s,K2s vs min4B, or I'm with AK and villain flats 4B 285r comes out, etc...)
      :diamond: deep game (specially OOP when get 3B)
      :diamond: BB flating range vs minraise steal, opening the 5bet bluff ranges there
      :diamond: maaaaaybe I fold a little too much againts 3bets, but I don't know this is a problem or not (working so far, but I think I could use my postflop advantage to take more pretty dollars there)

What do you want to get out of the bootcamp?
      :diamond: I want to do some serious damage at the midstakes tables :s_biggrin:

And finally my all time favorite live poker story:
      10/20$ private game CRAZY table, really really DEEP... UTG raises 100$, crazy guy re-raises 700$, and some pu**y reg not comfortable with the game, snap allin with 5000$ and turns over !!aces!! (all-in protection, no fold) and says: "please please fold everybody, I'm fine with the pot I don't want a bad beat"

crazy guy looks at the aces and says: "What do you think I'm a stupid? I DON'T FOLD KINGS, CALL"

aces won :)
  • 20 replies
    • bartjuh
      bartjuh
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Lackoogcb

And finally my all time favorite live poker story:
      10/20$ private game CRAZY table, really really DEEP... UTG raises 100$, crazy guy re-raises 700$, and some pu**y reg not comfortable with the game, snap allin with 5000$ and turns over !!aces!! (all-in protection, no fold) and says: "please please fold everybody, I'm fine with the pot I don't want a bad beat"

crazy guy looks at the aces and says: "What do you think I'm a stupid? I DON'T FOLD KINGS, CALL"

aces won :)
      That's a funny story. Would have been funnier if the kings sucked out :D
      Although the guy would probably have killed himself.

Good luck at the bootcamp!
    • Lackoogcb
      Lackoogcb
      Black
      thanks dude, U2!!:coolface: I hope we will skipping through the limits :)

Anyway the KKguy after the hand said "It was fifty-fifty, the king comes or king doesn't come"
    • atton64
      atton64
      Platinum
      BUMP
    • ErikStenqvist
      ErikStenqvist
      Global
      Hey Lackoo!

My name is Erik and I will be part of the coaching staff focusing on Tilt, A-Game, Mindset, and Lifecoaching. So if you have any questions you can just post them
      here and let me know in my Q&A thread if i take too long to reply. I'll be trolling around the forums but just so i don't miss anything. :)

Is there anything on the mental side you are struggling with?
      Things like Tilt, mindset, learning, or productivity?

Just drop a line in my or Schnitzelfisch thread here and we will be happy to help.

Cheers! :)
    • Lackoogcb
      Lackoogcb
      Black
      Hey Erik!

I'm not really a tilting guy, I use a superdeep brm, so I don't really get upset much, but nowadays when the bwin or party client or table STICKS to my mouse and I try to click on (AA) my raise button with a freakin' table I just want to smash my monitors :) I'm kidding of course, but this is really really annoying.

Well, I'm not sure about some things, and I go back and forth with them.
      :diamond: For example: music. Sometimes it feels good, but sometimes I definitely feel music is bad for my game, and I can't concentrate well.
      :diamond: More table <-> less concentrate. Sometimes 12 tables is good, sometimes 9 tables is too much.
      :diamond: So I have to find what's the best for my A game and do not use skype, phone or facebook or any of this things, to get 100% concentration and A all day all night.
    • ErikStenqvist
      ErikStenqvist
      Global
      Hey!

Thats good to hear, tilt is overrated! :)

When it comes to music look at it like a tool that can fire you up when you aren't motivated. Or calm you down when you are in a bad mood or tilty. I recommend making two play list for each type of mood so that if you need them it's readily available for you.

Try to decide before the session how many tables you will play depending on how you are feeling, energy level etc. You can also set alarms that go off every 15-30min just so that you check in and see how you are doing.

When it comes to your session are you doing any of the following?

• Warm-Up
      • Session goals for learning and improving
      • Post-Session Analysis
    • Lackoogcb
      Lackoogcb
      Black
      thanks Erik!

It's a good idea about music, most problems come when I'm searching for music (even for one song, and every 3 minutes hit play or search for another :D )

I wanted to start meditate a little before sessions, and I'm very curious about what you said in the coaching skype conversation with pleno about the closing out negativ things and focus more on the present and on the play. That sounds very intresting because I have this problem occasionally. My mind is full of stuffs and I can't concentrate on the game 100%. That's why I thought about meditating or taking drugs, but I think second one would be bad for every session :f_biggrin: but it would be fun to calling river with Giraffe high against unicorns on LSD. So I'm looking forward for your video!
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey,

How is living in Hungary as a poker player?
    • Lackoogcb
      Lackoogcb
      Black
      I have a question for the bootcamp members and for the coaches

I think I fold a little too much on button (overall ~65%, but OTB it's like 70-72%) and I minraise it btw. My question is, if sb and bb 3bets like 10-12% should i concern about calling more? I don't think I'd be exploitable if they don't start 3betting 15%+. If I do, what cards should I take into my calling range. I don't really like calling AJo, KJo, QJo, KTo, QTo, because of the brutal domination. I don't like mid pairs either... So rather some sc and only suited broadways. And if villain is 3betting with a depolarized range I think I should fold almost everything below the top broadways. (when 3bet is 6bb vs my minraiase I call a bunch)
    • atton64
      atton64
      Platinum
      No one will 3bet you 10-12% as soon as they look at your f3b@bu... They are not that stupid at nl100 anymore.
    • Lackoogcb
      Lackoogcb
      Black
      Hey pleno1!

Well if you're a winning pokerplayer in Hungary, you're da man :) avg. monthly payment is 300-400 bucks, so poker is a good oportunity, you can get $400 from nl4 rakeback if you're not a complete dumbass :) prizes are relativley low. The new onlinepoker law is right on the corner, we'll see about that, but probably aren't the players, who have to pay the tax. Sites have to, it sounds good so far. Traveling is cheap and Hungary is in the center of Europe so everything is near by, but it is a poor country...

The grass is green and the girls are pretty, Budapest is paradise city :D partiez are great too! Visit it sometime pleno!

And here is a gift! Hungarian chillout for the next sessions!
    • Lackoogcb
      Lackoogcb
      Black
      Originally posted by atton64
      No one will 3bet you 10-12% as soon as they look at your f3b@bu... They are not that stupid at nl100 anymore.
      nl400+ i agree, but on 100&200 I think 10% regs do this kind of adjustment or less, they have the feeling omg I did 3bet so many times I can't do it again so just stay waay below 15%
    • atton64
      atton64
      Platinum
      Everyone knows even at nl50 to abuse someone with lots of bluff 3bets if overall fold to 3bet around 65. I think it is level 0,5.:D
    • ErikStenqvist
      ErikStenqvist
      Global
      thanks Erik!

1.It's a good idea about music, most problems come when I'm searching for music (even for one song, and every 3 minutes hit play or search for another :D )

I wanted to start meditate a little before sessions, and I'm very curious about what you said in the coaching skype conversation with pleno about the closing out negativ things and focus more on the present and on the play. That sounds very intresting because I have this problem occasionally. My mind is full of stuffs and I can't concentrate on the game 100%. That's why I thought about meditating or taking drugs, but I think second one would be bad for every session :f_biggrin:

but it would be fun to calling river with Giraffe high against unicorns on LSD. So I'm looking forward for your video!
      1.Take an hour and make play list and call the "motivation/Fir Me Up" and "Cool down/Chill" or something like that so you always have them available to you when you need them.

2. Approaching it with curiosity is the best approach. Don't lose that :)

3. This is obviously covered in the videos! :D
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi there soldier, I hope you are well and winning!?

How is the music playlist working out for you and the meditation? Post your thoughts so far?
      I used to do a lot of meditating, relaxing and breathing exercises, it certainly helped me.

Regards,

Mal.
    • Lackoogcb
      Lackoogcb
      Black
      Hello gadget51!

I experiment with the meditation thing :) It's tough so far. I hope I will improve in it, because my mind is jumping around and it's hard to focus on one thing (breath). How do you proceed with meditation? :)

this is my last 10-15k hands, not so precise i guess, but kinda'

do you guys have any thoughts about it?

• ErikStenqvist
      ErikStenqvist
      Global
      I experiment with the meditation thing :) It's tough so far. I hope I will improve in it, because my mind is jumping around and it's hard to focus on one thing (breath). How do you proceed with meditation? :)
      Hey!

What exactly are you struggling with when it comes to the meditation? :)
      Try to explain the best you can..

Cheers!
    • Lackoogcb
      Lackoogcb
      Black
      Originally posted by ErikStenqvist
      Hey!

What exactly are you struggling with when it comes to the meditation? :)
      Try to explain the best you can..

Cheers!
      Hey man! :)

Well it's hard to explain, I guess my mind is jumping too often and hard too keep focusing on breath or other single thing. And even if I stay with the breath, still thinking about other stuffs too. It's like a second lane :D It's really difficult for me to not thinking about the future or the past. But I guess it's only about practicing!
    • ErikStenqvist
      ErikStenqvist
      Global
      Hey man! :)

Well it's hard to explain, I guess my mind is jumping too often and hard too keep focusing on breath or other single thing. And even if I stay with the breath, still thinking about other stuffs too. It's like a second lane :D It's really difficult for me to not thinking about the future or the past. But I guess it's only about practicing!
      Yeah it is hard to explain and also difficult at times, but it's all normal. When your mind is jumping and you can' focus on the breath completely etc. Just remember that you need to relax more. forcing focus. Jut let everything be and relax :)

Yes it is all about the practice. Suddenly you just figure it out...

Cheers!