monster hole cards

• BIKEBOY79
      BIKEBOY79
      Bronze
      playing low stakes NL holdem, and have a very general Q that may be tough to answer

have played 1000's of hands and am usually successful slowly building my stacks, but no matter how i play big hole cards (AA, KK, QQ, AKs) i lose 9 times out of 10. i've played aggressively (ex. all-in pre-flop) to sneaky(conservative, just call) , and everything inbetween, but almost always lose in this situation. followed this sites strategies, still i lose.

i understand variance occurs, but this seems more of a pattern. can it be that i just get outdrawn 9 times out of 10 solely due to bad luck?
  • 3 replies
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hey! unfortunately it just happens. also thousands of hands won't be enough to see how you are doing really, but EVERYONE knows the feeling where no matter what, your monsters get cracked. you really cannot ever go wrong by being aggressive with these hands, you just have to keep it up and eventually variance will even out. you can never estimate when you will go on a downswing or for how long it will last, so yes you can just get outdrawn 90% of the time.

best thing you can do is also post the hands for evaluation where you make it postflop with QQ+ and AK and get stuck. variance is one thing but if we can learn to make the tough folds postflop we will all be richer :D you can't control the preflop allins so best thing to do is work on the things you can control.

gl
      Lewis.
    • badgerer
      badgerer
      Silver
      when you are more experienced you will not feel like this.

also, fold pre.
    • tommygecko
      tommygecko
      Bronze
      Remember vs cold 4bets (A raises, B reraises, C reraises again) fold QQ and AK!