sng player working at his cashgame

• liessens
      liessens
      Bronze
      Hello everyone. I had made whole post, but my mum deleteted it :s_evil: So now I will make shorter version :P

Introduction
      I am Tom Liessens. I love sports. I study in Gent, Belgium or mayby I should say I party in Gent. That is enough I guess or mayby that my English isn't that good.

Poker Carreer.
      I am or origine a mttsng player. I have played them most of the time and made most of my br by them, but the potential of them isn't that high and my joy in them wasn't that high either anymore. So I decided to change. I first tried hu cash. This was going very decent, but I don't like bumhunting and playing at small stakes hu cash vs regs isn't the way to build your br. So then I tried 6max hypers this is surely going very well(mayby too good, since I let me ruin my exams completely) and I see them for the moment as my main game, but I find the value of this bootcamp to high to miss. So I will now also try at least 1month 6max cash. I will start at NL50. Since I never have played that much of cash in my live. So doesn't want to start that high.

My way to use the bootcamp
      First of all their are the obv things as following the coaching/all the material that will be out their, but I also will using this month also to work step by step at my nl game. In the long run most likely it will be to improve, my mtt game, but mayby I like it a lot and I stay longer than this one month at cashgame.

1)learning and understanding new concepts. Mostly by seeing videos
      2)review spots with this concept in database
      3)post hand with doubts about this concepts
      4)(optional) play sessions to implement this concepts
      5)revieuw the spots where concept were in this sessions
      6)post hand with doubts again
      7)quick review of older concepts(until I am completely confident about not falling back in old habits about this concept)

First step
      I have all ready started a bit with boot camp last month. I started with preflop game. Since that is the basic of everything. So in the beginning I will be focussing on that.

Last one question. I am doubting a real lot about where to play? Partypoker isn't a option anymore. i reached diamond their, but in the process I have created a real hate against that site :P Full tilt isn't possible in Belgium. I really don't like that much other non stars sotftware, but mayby I will give it shot, but I have only laptop. So for the moment I think I will play zoom @stars.
  • 30 replies
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey,

Really nice OP :s_cool: buuuuuut, why did your mum delete your post?!?! :D

Reallllllly cool that you are starting out a fresh, very exicting, its important to fix pre flop leaks initially, could you make equilab scree shots of your opening ranges from each position, then can go in and discuss each of them?

Thanks and good luck <3
    • liessens
      liessens
      Bronze
      I was typing my post, and seeing some tv, and my mum sat at my mouse and deleteted that way my post :D

I have my ranges in a document with some other stuff. I will post everything after I finished it.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by liessens
      I was typing my post, and seeing some tv, and my mum sat at my mouse and deleteted that way my post :D

I have my ranges in a document with some other stuff. I will post everything after I finished it.
      HAHAHAHAHAHAH, amazing! Did you tilt at her?

Ok, looking forward.
    • liessens
      liessens
      Bronze
      No, my mindset was really good. I got the beat with class :D
    • liessens
      liessens
      Bronze
      I have everything in dutch so need to translate everything. I have based everything on video of 2010(made some adaptions myself all ready), but mayby outdated.

Preflop
      Rule1: this are only guidelines!
      Rule2: 4advantages:iniative,position, cards, skill
      against fish: highcard value more important
      against regs: suited/connectedness more important

Fi ranges
      UTG open
      -reg only table 55+ ATs+ AJo+ KJs+ KQo 76s+
      -loose passive 55+ A9s+ KJo+ AJo+ 76s+
      -fish in blinds 55+ A9s+ A5s-A2s ATo+ K9s+ KJo+ J9s+ +54s+

MP open
      -reg only table 22+ A9s+ ATo+ KJs+ KQo 76s+
      -loose passive 22+ A8s+ AJo+ KTo+ QJo 65s+
      -fish in blinds 22+ A7s+ A5s-A2s A9o+ K8s+ KTo+ QJo Q9s+ T8s+ +54s+

Co open
      -reg only table 22+ A2s+ A9o+ K9s+ KTo+ QTo+ Q9s JTo J9s+ 54s+ 86s+
      -loose passive 22+ A2s+ A7o+ K9s+ K9o+ Q9o+ Q9s J9o T9o J9s+ 54s+ 86s+
      -fish in blinds 22+ A2s+ A7o+ K7s+ K9o+ Q9o+ Q8s J9o J8s+ T9o J9s+ 54s+ 64s+

Bu open
      -50%+
      -extreme villian dependent

sb open
      -bb dependent
      -decent bb(co range)
      -fish bu range
      -nit any2

3betting
      sizing
      -3x ip vs 3bb
      -3.5x oop vs 3bb
      -3.5x ip vs min
      -4x oop vs min

3bet range
      -positional raise 1st *25-35%
      -%of bluffs=fold to 3bet
      -ip more% bluff than oop

flatting ranges
      vs utg
      -ip: QQ-22 AQ+
      -oop:QQ-88 AQ+

vs mp
      -ip JJ-22, AQ, AJs, KQs
      -oop: JJ-88, AQ, AJs, KQs

vs co
      ip: JJ-22, AQ, AJs, KJs+ T9s+
      (I don't have seen part 3 of the series, this is about late position/blind battles, but this is more player dependent. Will mayby update this later)

4bet
      valuerange
      KK+: any range
      QQ+ AKs: 3%
      AKo: 5%
      JJ+: 6.5%
      AQs: 8%
      TT+: 8.5%
      AQo: 9%
      99+: 10.5%
      88+: 12.5%
      AJs: 13%
      77: 14%

4bet bluffingrange
      -Need around 60% fe
      -metagame affects

4bet shoving
      I ask myself is this usefull part part of 100+bb stack play. Probaly you can still get away with sometimes @NL50, but seems useless to implement in my game to need to dump it again 1or 2stakes higher

5bet semibluff
      Need about 46%fe.
    • liessens
      liessens
      Bronze
      I was trying to play a little session, but had 2problems. First of all internet connection problems. Second of all hud doesn't work. Since it shows 2hands to late or something like that. So stopped the session. I had time enough to lose a stack in 1hand with 4close decissions in 1hand.

$0.25/$0.50 No Limit Holdem
      PokerStars
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG phibe1 ($50.75) 102bb
      UTG+1 liessens ($50) 100bb
      CO zeross ($50.11) 100bb
      BTN Patricinho90 ($63.65) 127bb
      SB Tiger0302 ($82.80) 166bb
      BB Irishka love ($34.71) 69bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 6 players) liessens is UTG+1 J:spade: 9:spade:
      1 fold, liessens raises to $1.50, zeross calls $1.50, Patricinho90 raises to $4, 2 folds, liessens calls $2.50, zeross calls $2.50

Flop: 3:spade: K:heart: 6:spade: ($12.75, 3 players)
      liessens checks, zeross checks, Patricinho90 bets $6.50, liessens raises to $17, zeross folds, Patricinho90 goes all-in $59.65, liessens goes all-in $29

Turn: 9:heart: ($104.75, 2 players, 2 all-in)

River: 7:diamond: ($104.75, 2 players, 2 all-in)

Final Pot: $104.75
      Patricinho90 shows a pair of Kings
      K:spade: A:club:
      liessens shows a pair of Nines
      J:spade: 9:spade:

Patricinho90 wins $115.90 (net +$52.25)

liessens lost $50
      zeross lost $4

Preflop raise seems fine, with a probaly fish in the bb. I get one flatter and pretty small squeeze of the button. If I call, I think the caller almost always overcall. So I decided the call, but completely without any info of the squeezer it is probably a bad decission.

I hit flushdraw on a flop that is good for preflop 3better to continu, but here I have again the problem of no information. If he c-bet his complete range. I have almost sure a probitable c-raise. But if he only c-bets his valuerange I have a just call. If he then shoves I have a close, but clear call.
    • waxiesdargle
      waxiesdargle
      Basic
      not a huge fan of preflop despite the fish behind, i like it better the worse the fish is and against weaker the reg that 3bet is but if you dont have a lot of exp in these spots you can end up making bigger mistakes postflop.

As played considering it is 3 way with a fish in the pot the btns cbetting range should be a bit tighter than normal so c/r isnt very appealing when we have a hand that can at least call once and the btn wont barrel every turn.

If you are worried about c/c and the btns turn and river tendacies i would rather just lead the flop as its what we would do with most of our value range (KQ/Kjs etc) with the fish in the pot so the reg should play somewhat straight forward to this.

Overall i think folding pre in your case will best but as played donking the flop will better than c/r and getting it in bad.
    • liessens
      liessens
      Bronze
      Yesterday was my dad's 50th birthday so no poker, but all ready played some today and have some hands of saturday.

1)pre seems standard call with odds. Probaly 2weak players and decent flopping hand. Flop I c/r happy. Since I get it in good and have fe. Turn I have all options. Continu, c/c, c/r seems all possible. Problem with c/c that it is quite difficult to get value if hit and with c/r I rep exactcly my hand. So I choose to bet. River seems nice barrelcard. Since it hit my range(KQ/KJ/KT flushdraws and I have still my sets. What is the worst hand you call in villian's spot?

PokerStars
      6 Players

Stacks:
      UTG hewka ($50) 100bb
      UTG+1 cloudbased ($17.50) 35bb
      CO Sneakabu ($45.46) 91bb
      BTN diego_ryan ($25.88) 52bb
      SB korkodilo391 ($47.61) 95bb
      BB liessens ($56.98) 114bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 6 players) liessens is BB A:spade: 5:spade:
      2 folds, Sneakabu raises to $1.50, diego_ryan calls $1.50, 1 fold, liessens calls $1

Flop: 6:heart: 4:spade: 2:spade: ($4.75, 3 players)
      liessens checks, Sneakabu bets $2.50, diego_ryan folds, liessens raises to $9, Sneakabu calls $6.50

Turn: 2:club: ($22.75, 2 players)
      liessens bets $10, Sneakabu calls $10

River: K:heart: ($42.75, 2 players)
      liessens goes all-in $36.48, Sneakabu goes all-in $24.96
    • liessens
      liessens
      Bronze
      2)Co can isolate the limper very wide. So quite easy 3bet for value. The only problem is that I don't know or the co knows that I know that he can isolate wide and he because of that light can 4bet. Others wise I think 140bb deep getting it in, in nitty zoom games is quite often quite bad, but in stead the limper 4bet. This is quite a fu spot. Since it reps quite a lot of strength, but he can do this also pretty wide sometimes. Hating the spot I push it in, but I think I like a fold more

€0.25/€0.50 No Limit Holdem
      PokerStars
      6 Players

Stacks:
      UTG yuzoyai (€47.92) 96bb
      UTG+1 likenlhgame (€111.91) 224bb
      CO $pic run$ (€70.23) 140bb
      BTN liessens (€70.07) 140bb
      SB Elsarelli (€51.50) 103bb
      BB money_tra1n (€91.85) 184bb

Pre-Flop: (€0.75, 6 players) liessens is BTN J:spade: J:heart:
      yuzoyai calls €0.50, 1 fold, $pic run$ raises to €1.50, liessens raises to €5, 2 folds, yuzoyai raises to €12.50, $pic run$ folds, liessens raises to €68.75, yuzoyai goes all-in €35.42

Flop: 3:diamond: J:club: A:club: (€98.09, 2 players, 1 all-in)

Turn: K:spade: (€98.09, 2 players, 1 all-in)

River: 5:heart: (€98.09, 2 players, 1 all-in)
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      I have everything in dutch so need to translate everything. I have based everything on video of 2010(made some adaptions myself all ready), but mayby outdated.

Preflop

Fi ranges
      UTG open

MP open

Co open

Bu open
      -50%+

sb open
      -bb dependent
      -decent bb(co range)
      -fish bu range
      -nit any2

3betting
      sizing
      -3x ip vs 3bb
      -3.5x oop vs 3bb
      -3.5x ip vs min
      -4x oop vs min

3bet range
      -%of bluffs=fold to 3bet
      -ip more% bluff than oop

flatting ranges
      vs utg

vs mp
      -ip JJ-22, AQ, AJs, KQs

vs co
      (I don't have seen part 3 of the series, this is about late position/blind battles, but this is more player dependent. Will mayby update this later)

4bet
      valuerange

4bet bluffingrange
      -Need around 60% fe
      -metagame affects

4bet shoving
      I ask myself is this usefull part part of 100+bb stack play. Probaly you can still get away with sometimes @NL50, but seems useless to implement in my game to need to dump it again 1or 2stakes higher

5bet semibluff
      Need about 46%fe.
      Hey,

From UTG, if fish in the blinds, then I think we should definitely open 22+, I think we can open QJ profitably too as they will defend super wide.

I would rather open A7 vs regs then vs Loose passive opponents from the Cut Off too as they will call in position or 3bet us a lot.

Your 3bet sizing in position can definitely be smaller too, 3x is fine with 110+ bbs, but I like to go abit smaller when 100bbs, we give ourself a better price with the initial 3bet and we also keep SPR lower.

I would almost never 4bet 77 pre flop, could you send us some examples where you have 4bet 77 pre?

Regarding your hand, I quite like over calling JJ pre flop, 140bb deep, I don't think we can profitably get the money in as a favourite. Once UTG limp/raises, I think its a pretty clear sigh/fold and his range is HEAVILY weighted towards premiums.

Say Happy Birthday to your Dad :)
    • liessens
      liessens
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pleno1

Preflop

Fi ranges
      UTG open

MP open

Co open

Bu open
      -50%+

sb open
      -bb dependent
      -decent bb(co range)
      -fish bu range
      -nit any2

3betting
      sizing
      -3x ip vs 3bb
      -3.5x oop vs 3bb
      -3.5x ip vs min
      -4x oop vs min

3bet range
      -%of bluffs=fold to 3bet
      -ip more% bluff than oop

flatting ranges
      vs utg

vs mp
      -ip JJ-22, AQ, AJs, KQs

vs co

4bet
      valuerange

4bet bluffingrange
      -Need around 60% fe
      -metagame affects

4bet shoving

5bet semibluff
      Need about 46%fe.
      Hey,

From UTG, if fish in the blinds, then I think we should definitely open 22+, I think we can open QJ profitably too as they will defend super wide.

I would rather open A7 vs regs then vs Loose passive opponents from the Cut Off too as they will call in position or 3bet us a lot.

Your 3bet sizing in position can definitely be smaller too, 3x is fine with 110+ bbs, but I like to go abit smaller when 100bbs, we give ourself a better price with the initial 3bet and we also keep SPR lower.

I would almost never 4bet 77 pre flop, could you send us some examples where you have 4bet 77 pre?

Regarding your hand, I quite like over calling JJ pre flop, 140bb deep, I don't think we can profitably get the money in as a favourite. Once UTG limp/raises, I think its a pretty clear sigh/fold and his range is HEAVILY weighted towards premiums.

Say Happy Birthday to your Dad :)

I just have copied that list. I think to that are 77 and also 88/AJs a almost never are 4bets. Since I think 14%+ range are almost never balanced.

All the other comments make completely sense
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      cool, so as a gameplan vs unknowns, whats your 4bet call range:

utg v co
      co v btn
      btn v sb
    • liessens
      liessens
      Bronze
      I have seen yesterday your coaching. So I completely agree with your range protection concepts. I also all ready used something similar at hu games(even some fl games), but then more based on dynamics. So without history I would flat my AA/KK on 3bet/4bets for range protection/let them bluff of their stack. With agro history I would 4bet/5bet them, but in 6max games this is way more difficult. So choosing some combo's is way better.

So I like your utg vs co ranges a lot.

Co vs btn/ btn vs sb. I need to think about my ranges. But some things all ready.

Both ranges we obv have more stacking of combo's. Something like 99(TT)+ AQo+. I don't have any information yet at standard 3bet ranges. Here I like range protection.

I think something as AA(4) KK(4) QQ(5) JJ(3) TT(2) 99(1) AKs(2) AKo(8) AQo(6) AQs(2).

Will update this later
    • liessens
      liessens
      Bronze
      Some more interesting hands

1)Preflop quite standard. Flop is mayby possible raise, but I just call. River is obv super ugly card, since his range is full of Ax, but because of that he should probaly bet his entire range on this river and against his entire range I have surely the odds. Secondly this is top of my range. So game plan point it isn't good idea to fold top of my range here

PokerStars
      6 Players

Stacks:
      UTG Freddyluck2 ($54.80) 110bb
      UTG+1 123pumi ($93.85) 188bb
      CO Blackmarket ($50) 100bb
      BTN PookieWonder ($16.71) 33bb
      SB øæåanna ($72.64) 145bb
      BB liessens ($100.44) 201bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 6 players) liessens is BB 10:club: 10:spade:
      1 fold, 123pumi calls $0.50, Blackmarket raises to $2, 2 folds, liessens calls $1.50, 123pumi folds

Flop: 3:heart: 9:heart: 2:diamond: ($4.75, 2 players)
      liessens checks, Blackmarket bets $2.75, liessens calls $2.75

Turn: 3:diamond: ($10.25, 2 players)
      liessens checks, Blackmarket checks

River: A:diamond: ($10.25, 2 players)
      liessens checks, Blackmarket bets $5.75, liessens calls $5.75
    • liessens
      liessens
      Bronze
      2)Pre standard. Flop is probaly c-bet since their are quite a lot of draws out their and they also don't have that much of value hands where they can c/r me with. So I can then just check back on a lot of turn/rivers.

As played I raise turn since I don't rep all that much and their are a lot of bad/action killing rivers. Since I don't rep that much on turn I call his ship.

PokerStars
      6 Players

Stacks:
      UTG hellf1re666 ($153.75) 308bb
      UTG+1 DaWarsaw ($59.67) 119bb
      CO liessens ($178.10) 356bb
      BTN DONTMOCKME ($71.72) 143bb
      SB 7Butro7 ($115.24) 230bb
      BB cuLpaYYY69 ($59.30) 119bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 6 players) liessens is CO Q:heart: K:spade:
      2 folds, liessens raises to $1.50, 1 fold, 7Butro7 calls $1.25, cuLpaYYY69 calls $1

Flop: K:club: A:diamond: 3:diamond: ($4.50, 3 players)
      7Butro7 checks, cuLpaYYY69 checks, liessens checks

Turn: Q:spade: ($4.50, 3 players)
      7Butro7 checks, cuLpaYYY69 bets $3.25, liessens raises to $9, 7Butro7 folds, cuLpaYYY69 goes all-in $57.80, liessens calls $48.80

River: 8:heart: ($120.10, 2 players, 1 all-in)
    • liessens
      liessens
      Bronze
      3)Pre/flop standard. Turn is closer. I have a small % best hand and otherwise most of the time 5outs. River is like ?( He screems like nuutsssssssssss, but he has so low combo's me beat. Mostly 66 and mayby a combo of Q7s, but he can surely do this also with K7/A7. So I decide to call

PokerStars
      6 Players

Stacks:
      UTG supercrunchr ($57.29) 115bb
      UTG+1 Ck1ko ($48.75) 98bb
      CO liessens ($113.60) 227bb
      BTN stackat010 ($50) 100bb
      SB pajdo2 ($51.75) 104bb
      BB glina2009 ($23.25) 47bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 6 players) liessens is CO A:spade: 7:club:
      supercrunchr calls $0.50, 1 fold, liessens raises to $2, 2 folds, glina2009 calls $1.50, supercrunchr calls $1.50

Flop: 9:heart: 6:club: Q:diamond: ($6.25, 3 players)
      glina2009 checks, supercrunchr checks, liessens checks

Turn: 7:spade: ($6.25, 3 players)
      glina2009 bets $3, supercrunchr calls $3, liessens calls $3

River: 7:diamond: ($15.25, 3 players)
      glina2009 bets $6, supercrunchr raises to $12, liessens calls $12, glina2009 calls $6
    • ErikStenqvist
      ErikStenqvist
      Global
      Hello Tom!

My name is Erik and I will be part of the coaching staff focusing on Tilt, A-Game, Mindset, and Lifecoaching.

You didn't mentiaon anything about Mindset, Tilt, and A-Game. Hopefully you don't have any of them :) But if anything comes to mind just let me know and I would be glad to help!

Don't forget to check out Schnitzelfischs thread on Productivity Learning and Structure! :)

Cheers and welcome to the Bootcamp!
    • liessens
      liessens
      Bronze
      With sng/mtt I didn't had any tilt anymore. At cashgames I had again my biggest tilt occur. I changed games. I still played 50NL but, played some deepstacked/cap games. Tilted some money away at deepstacked to luckbox most back at cap games.

I have only tilt problems when I play to low amount of tables. Since when I get close to my max. I get in the zone and I am completely tilt free. Problem is that I don't want to start with high amount of cash game tables.

I am all ready starting to use a lot of Schnizelfischs
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      2)Pre standard. Flop is probaly c-bet since their are quite a lot of draws out their and they also don't have that much of value hands where they can c/r me with. So I can then just check back on a lot of turn/rivers.

As played I raise turn since I don't rep all that much and their are a lot of bad/action killing rivers. Since I don't rep that much on turn I call his ship.

PokerStars
      6 Players

Stacks:
      UTG hellf1re666 ($153.75) 308bb
      UTG+1 DaWarsaw ($59.67) 119bb
      CO liessens ($178.10) 356bb
      BTN DONTMOCKME ($71.72) 143bb
      SB 7Butro7 ($115.24) 230bb
      BB cuLpaYYY69 ($59.30) 119bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 6 players) liessens is CO Q:heart: K:spade:
      2 folds, liessens raises to $1.50, 1 fold, 7Butro7 calls $1.25, cuLpaYYY69 calls $1

Flop: K:club: A:diamond: 3:diamond: ($4.50, 3 players)
      7Butro7 checks, cuLpaYYY69 checks, liessens checks

Turn: Q:spade: ($4.50, 3 players)
      7Butro7 checks, cuLpaYYY69 bets $3.25, liessens raises to $9, 7Butro7 folds, cuLpaYYY69 goes all-in $57.80, liessens calls $48.80

River: 8:heart: ($120.10, 2 players, 1 all-in)
      Hey,

Think this is huge overplay and we're going to see 333 or J10 v v often. When you raise the turn you are definitely over representing your hand, I think its best to call and then re-evaluate the river, basically never folding, but potentially raising vs v small bets. People play extremely tight vs turn raises and when the flop gets checked through he probably expects us to have AA/KK a lotttttt.