Hero posts SB $0.25, BB posts BB $0.50

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.75) Hero has A:spade: J:diamond:

fold, fold, CO raises to $1.50, fold, Hero calls $1.25, BB calls $1.00

Flop: ($4.50, 3 players) 8:heart: Q:spade: T:spade:
      Hero checks, BB checks, CO checks

Turn: ($4.50, 3 players) K:club:
      Hero bets $3.00, fold, CO raises to $7.00, Hero raises to $25.00, fold

Hero wins $17.67

Not sure about my turn line here. I think leading is fine, but verse his small raise I elected to reraise to setup a river pot size shove. I am unsure if calling and check/jamming 90% of rivers would have been better.

I think after him not betting the flop, he probably doenst have a flush draw, don't think he has any set. He could now have an OESD, maybe JT or 79s or some two pair hand like K8 or KT.

So say I check to him and the river is a blank, he will bet/fold his 2pair hands which is about 60% of his range. And with his busted draws he may bluff the river.
      So I suppose it's marginally better to call the turn bet?

Or maybe a more reasonable turn sized 4bet that reps more then the absolute nuts or air?
  • 1 reply
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      against a wide opening range AJo can be 3betted for value pre flop and you can throw a CB on the flop to take it down usually.

I think leading on the turn is a great idea since when he checks back he usually does not have a piece of the board and you want to get whatever value you can get. If you check to him and he checks back you will lose alot of value.

On the turn I think his raise could be some slowplayed 2pair, set or pair plus draw. His CO opening range would hit this board pretty hard. Either ways he is likely to have some kind of draw on this super wet board so I would raise immediately for value. I think your sizing is great, its super big and extracts maximum value from his made hands.

I think there is more value from betting/raising immediately from his made hands + draws than to call and let him bluff. I dont think he would bluff anyway after raising the turn since you already showed willingness to continue.

he probably isnt thinking what you are representing, more likely in his mind would be something like, i have 2pair so im good, or something like i think i can hit my straight/flush draw and i can call. His thinking would be more focused on his own hand than your representation and hand.

regards
      cgf