This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] TT turn set

• gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      Prima, $0.10/$0.20 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP: $20.28 (101.4 bb)
      CO: $26.45 (132.3 bb)
      BTN: $22.75 (113.8 bb)
      Hero (SB): $20.60 (103 bb)
      BB: $27.39 (137 bb)
      UTG: $29.37 (146.9 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T T
      UTG raises to $0.70, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.60, BB folds

Flop: ($1.60) K 3 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $0.80, Hero calls $0.80

Turn: ($3.20) T (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG checks

River: ($3.20) J (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $1.60, Hero calls $1.60

Anon table, no reads.

PRE: Dont really like the idea of 3betting an UTG range with TT oop. feel kinda lost if he flats.

Turn: thought about donking here as his cbet was only 1/2 pot on the flop?

RIVER: pretty ugly card. only hands we are scared of in his range are AQ and JJ. dont want to bet/fold, so prefer x/c?
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

On the river, i don't think the river card is that ugly but it is also a card which improves our range a lot so I don't expect him to hero-call too often when we can easily have QJ QT and maybe some AQs floats with backdoor draws.

I would prefer check/calling the River.

Nice hand.
    • gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      What about donking turn?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      I prefer a check/raise on the Turn and I think donking turn is a play which is quite hard to balance - You almost always have something strong here like T9/TT/KT/QJ.

Unless you have some pure air floats and will sometimes bluff these coordinating turns as a bluff. Maybe you float the Flop with something like AdJd or AcQc and then donk the Turn? I think donking turn is just generally something strong here most of the time and most people don't balance their ranges here, thus it is easy to exploit such a play by just folding the Turn with air or even with some not so strong showdown value like QQ or K2 here.