Hi! from a new cash game coach

• waxiesdargle
      waxiesdargle
      Basic
      Hello everyone, i am a 22 year old full time cash game player from Ireland and im currently living in Thailand (/brag). Been playing full time for over two years and a lot has happened in between. Sometime later i will tell my full poker story but i will keep things short for now.

I mainly play HUNL and 6max cash. I have been dabbling in HUPLO recently also but i decided to just concentrate on just getting as good as i can get 6max. I am currently playing 2/4-3/6 unstaked and hopefully very soon 5/10 regularly.

To give some credibility to my fancy coach status here are my results since sometime in Sept 2012 (my hardrive went busto so i only have parts from before) Part of these results are staked and is missing - 2-3k of zoom loses.

Nice to meet you all and hope i can help out where i can.
  • 10 replies
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Hey there, glad to have you onboard!

Some awesome graphs too, nearly as good as mine..

:coolface:

You say you've been playing full time for two years, so in them 2 years you've stayed at the same stakes or you've been moving up still?

What about the 2 years before that, seems like it didn't take you to long to crush the games at all! Did you start at 18 and take 2 years to crush or did it all come together in just a short time?

Again, glad to have you on the team and I look forward to seeing some videos :D
    • ikkvr
      ikkvr
      Bronze
      nice graphs Welcome
    • waxiesdargle
      waxiesdargle
      Basic
      Some awesome graphs too, nearly as good as mine.

haha great smiley, going to be spamming that constantly

You say you've been playing full time for two years, so in them 2 years you've stayed at the same stakes or you've been moving up still?

Again i will go into more detail when i write my full poker story but i have been on 3 stakes total, all of them the main volume was at 1/2-2/4 6max/hu. It is only probably in the last 6 months that i started to get more exp at 3/6+ and i still dont have a huge sample here. feels great to not be on a stake though.

What about the 2 years before that, seems like it didn't take you to long to crush the games at all! Did you start at 18 and take 2 years to crush or did it all come together in just a short time?

I think i started playing poker around 16, total noob grinding freerolls until 18. Was able to to deposit finally and got turned onto some basic strat on another poker forum by my brother. From that point it did take a bit less than two years before i was at 1/2. I had quite a big break from travelling when i was 18 but overall i think my improvement has been pretty gradual so i was far from the 17/18 year wiz kid poker player.

what games do you play yourself? I have some ideas for a video but not sure when ill get one made yet :/
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi there coach,
      Welcome to the dark side. I hope you have a lot of fun here. :heart:

Mal.
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Looks like you'll have an interesting story to read up on, I look forward to it!

I'm currently playing 6max cash @ Micro's so I'll be keeping an eye out for any of your material for sure.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Greetings from sunny Roscommon!

Whereabouts in Eire are you originally from then waxiesdargle?
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Welcome welcome
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      Welcome!

If you are who I think you are, we used to battle a fair bit on Merge before BF.
    • gonepoker
      gonepoker
      Bronze
      Welcome! Looking forward to see content from you:)
      You should have posted "/brag' thing after your graphs ;)
    • waxiesdargle
      waxiesdargle
      Basic
      Originally posted by gadget51
      Hi there coach,
      Welcome to the dark side. I hope you have a lot of fun here. :heart:

Mal.
      ty dude

Looks like you'll have an interesting story to read up on, I look forward to it!

I'm currently playing 6max cash @ Micro's so I'll be keeping an eye out for any of your material for sure.

I remeber the micro grind well, where are you playing these days and hows it been going? I have never released videos before so i want to try and make my first one good content wise so might be a little bit slow in getting it made.

Greetings from sunny Roscommon!

Whereabouts in Eire are you originally from then waxiesdargle?

im one of those nordies, from county antrim,
      sunny Roscommon
      :coolface:

Welcome! If you are who I think you are, we used to battle a fair bit on Merge before BF.

I likely am, i was on merge for a good while. I recognized your name from somewhere, we are friends on skype, where you ever staked by adam churcher?

Welcome! Looking forward to see content from you
      You should have posted "/brag' thing after your graphs

I have probably doomswitched myself from just posting it, dont want to push my luck.