This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Shiny New Rod

• Spikelema
      Spikelema
      Bronze
      Alright, I think I might start with a placeholder.

Who am I:
      I am a 24 year old Australian who has completed a Masters Degree in Information Technology and is currently studying a Bachelor Degree in Engineering. I have played poker for a number of years recreationally with for the longest time having the intent to be serious about it. I have switched between Cash and SNG more times than I could count and always look over at the other with a longing in my eyes.

That's where this blog comes in. I will update it on a regular basis describing my learning and progression from what I hope to be $0 to $X (where x is a very very large number.) I will try to keep everyone up to date on it all and hopefully will report a lot of good news.

Poker:
      I am currently playing in micro-limits on Stars using the MSS but would like to try using another Pokerroom to prove to myself and everyone reading that its possible for any player to go from $0 to $X. (Currently I am thinking TitanPoker as I have it tracked already and I can withdraw all my funds without upsetting my MSS on Stars.) So I plan to report almost exclusively on my progress on SNG/MTT as that is what the goal is. I am hoping as my knowledge of Cash grows I can apply it to the SNG that I play, but being that I am starting from freerolls I am not going to have much to report as far as income for the first while.
  • 3 replies
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Glad you decided to start up a blog :)

So you're going to be playing Cash, SNG's and MTT's but only giving us updates on the SNG/MTT's, or did I just fail at reading? >.<

So you've built your bankroll up from nothing, impressive! How much are you on currently?
    • Spikelema
      Spikelema
      Bronze
      I am trying to keep the updates to almost exclusively SNG/MTT as that is going to be my $0 journey. I have been playing with just the starting capital from this site for my MSS and thats not really improving, although not losing it either. Mind you I finished my last few sessions up a few BB.

As for the SNG/MTT I am going to start 100% fresh from now. That way I can prove it from the start. I will be posting mainly about my learning for the first while. Hopefully provide some of the people reading with a little bit of insight into how I learn.

So my bankroll will be $0 and currently is ;)
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Hows the $0 to Hero working out for you so far? I see no updates :(