Shiny New Rod

• Spikelema
      Spikelema
      Bronze
      Alright, I think I might start with a placeholder.

Who am I:
      I am a 24 year old Australian who has completed a Masters Degree in Information Technology and is currently studying a Bachelor Degree in Engineering. I have played poker for a number of years recreationally with for the longest time having the intent to be serious about it. I have switched between Cash and SNG more times than I could count and always look over at the other with a longing in my eyes.

That's where this blog comes in. I will update it on a regular basis describing my learning and progression from what I hope to be $0 to $X (where x is a very very large number.) I will try to keep everyone up to date on it all and hopefully will report a lot of good news.

Poker:
      I am currently playing in micro-limits on Stars using the MSS but would like to try using another Pokerroom to prove to myself and everyone reading that its possible for any player to go from $0 to $X. (Currently I am thinking TitanPoker as I have it tracked already and I can withdraw all my funds without upsetting my MSS on Stars.) So I plan to report almost exclusively on my progress on SNG/MTT as that is what the goal is. I am hoping as my knowledge of Cash grows I can apply it to the SNG that I play, but being that I am starting from freerolls I am not going to have much to report as far as income for the first while.
  • 3 replies
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Glad you decided to start up a blog :)

So you're going to be playing Cash, SNG's and MTT's but only giving us updates on the SNG/MTT's, or did I just fail at reading? >.<

So you've built your bankroll up from nothing, impressive! How much are you on currently?
    • Spikelema
      Spikelema
      Bronze
      I am trying to keep the updates to almost exclusively SNG/MTT as that is going to be my $0 journey. I have been playing with just the starting capital from this site for my MSS and thats not really improving, although not losing it either. Mind you I finished my last few sessions up a few BB.

As for the SNG/MTT I am going to start 100% fresh from now. That way I can prove it from the start. I will be posting mainly about my learning for the first while. Hopefully provide some of the people reading with a little bit of insight into how I learn.

So my bankroll will be $0 and currently is ;)
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Hows the $0 to Hero working out for you so far? I see no updates :(