Zoom addicted

• x3mwisp
      x3mwisp
      Platinum
      Hi,

I'm Dorian. I've been addicted to volume and poker since I found out about it. Nowadays I'm playing zoom 100 SH and this year I'm trying and struggling to make it pro. I've given up university for a whole year. This makes me feel bad at times but I'll get used to it and if poker goes well I don't mind.

I've got a ton of mental problems while doing this. I'm currently also struggling with my A-game and even the standard spots when playing. Most of it is due to the fact that I'm lazy enough to work on it and actually execute the practice makes perfect part.

Hope this boot-camp will actually force me to get more organized and I believe it is not great but huge for the players.
  • 106 replies
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey Dorian,

Short but sweet is cool.

Seems like schnitzelfisch and Erik will be best for you.

Will be looking forward to your questions and making sure the guys see it.

Thanks for joining <3
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Interesting story man! I'll follow you and I wish you the best :) .

I also play some NL100zoom lately. Farmaaaa is the nick, what's yours? :rolleyes:
    • x3mwisp
      x3mwisp
      Platinum
      Hey guys. Thx. I like short posts - time efficient.

Farmaaaa i know that's you. It's not hard to get it :) For well-known overall reasons i won't say mine but don't worry I'll be using all the info I can get against you in the kill the reg section :) )) Just kidding. I focus fish.
    • x3mwisp
      x3mwisp
      Platinum
      Hi. I'm up and ready for work. My usual day looks like this - Coffee + cigarette- yes i know but don't want to give it up, wash up, take short snack breakfast - I'm usually not hungry in the mornings but sometimes force myself. Today I was hungry. Also hungry for poker after yesterday's deep run in 22$ bigger - finnished 126th.
      I work 8-10 hours of poker. 6k hands in 6 hours in 3 or 4 sessions - 1.5 or 2h per session respectively.
      During the breaks I post my hands for analysis, do physical usefull stuff - like wash dishes and go out to buy cigarettes or just lay in bed for 15mins. I also read the boot-camp during breaks - before starting the new session.
      I usually listen to music during play - usual radio. I hate commercial breaks there - that might have an impact.
      Sometimes during play I'm checking pokerstrategy forums or skype and I know it's bad and shouldn't do it. Have to find a way to get rid of this habbit definitely.
      I also look into the cashier. After every session I calculate my bankroll (fpps included) and check my results - although I know they're luck based. Maybe I don't feel comfortable enough with my bankroll as I'm trying to turn pro.
      For now these are the problems/thoughts. Will add everything I can and see.
      Yes I'm usually lazy and disorganised but lately forcing myself. I like working though, once I start.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hey there,

I'm not sure what kind of music you prefer, but perhaps take a look at some youtube playlists? Or make a playlist of your own :) . This way you can avoid the annoying commercial breaks.

Some ideas:

-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-ImCpNqbJw&list=PL95D6EA219BAB6009&noredirect=1
      -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQx9df2s2XQ&list=PL75C7F02E0C4EA3E0

Your breaks seem good, also the length and amount of sessions.

You can get rid of checking forums by using browser addčons like stayfocusd (chrome) or leechblock (firefox). As for the skype, the first step would be getting used to having it turned off during the session :) . So you can start by making a habit out of it ;) .

Also ask yourself why you are checking forums/skype? Are you constantly improving your game while you're playing, or are you just autopiloting and get bored soon, so you open these other windows?

Could you please describe in your detail what exactly your problems are with laziness and disorganization? When are you lazy? Why do you think you are lazy? When are you motivated?

Looking forward to hearing from you soon,

-Primož
    • x3mwisp
      x3mwisp
      Platinum
      Hey. Great thing- the stayfocusd. I will try it out today.
      Usually what happens is that I post something like this morning's post and am anxious to see if I get any replies. Also when I write in the hand analysis forums especially when I ask a question and I know our coaches are super fast and get in replies under 15 mins. I'm never bored when I play. If I'm bored - I know I shouldn't be playing because I'm usually tired or on tilt so I don't play. This is an emotion I've developed that shows me my tilt or fatigue.

The other problem - laziness.

I'm usually lazy when things get hard. As a character - I'm competitive but I give up things that are hard and need pushing. It's like I lose motivation to do something, find excuses to do other things that are not priority. From what I know this is called general laziness.
      These days I'm motivated and play my proper working time and breaks and everything, but I'm pretty sure in 1 or 2 months I won't be and it will be very hard to motivate myself.
      Let's take for example february - I started off well. The problem was after 10 days - I stopped posting hands for analysis stopped reading the hand judging forum and even stopped making any notes on the showdowns I saw. This is vital for poker success. I know it but I still didn't do it. I just kept on playing more or less 5-6k hands per day and that's it.
      Maybe the fact that I'll be organised will force me to do all the analysis part. It's boring for me to go through the hands and write the showdowns so that once in 1k hands I will reuse it against the reg or even less against the fish.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hey again Dorian,

perhaps you're missing something that is called intrinsic motivation (the motivation inside you). Have you perhaps ever tried thinking about and writing down your vision and mission, as detailed as possible? By defining what you really want and what you need to do to achieve it, + writing that down, frequently reviewing it and holding yourself accountable for doing it, can help you maintain a steady stream of motivation.

You can also take a look at this post to get a better understanding of why you give up and how to fight that :) .

-Primož
    • x3mwisp
      x3mwisp
      Platinum
      Actually that's good advice. I've tried to write that down before but everytime when looking at it I want to change it. Probably I should focus on writing down really small steps and following them to the end. Like for example if I write that for 1 week I have to play 5k hands every day - I'll be wanting to play 6k daily and will tilt cause I know I can do it and force myself not to. And if I write 6k and won't do it then I will feel bad about it. It's like I'm never happy with what I achieve because I know I can more.

For example yesterday morning I read your post about skyrocketing poker and life productivity. I started with step one and goals.
      I wrote down:
      -I will play 6k hands daily while marking them (thinking)
      -I will put hands for analyse every 2h session.
      -I will play 2h sessions
      -I will make notes on regulars.
      -I will read every morning all the posted hands from the analysis.
      -I will post daily in the boot-camp blog.

I did play all the hands - posted some hands for analysis did the boot-camp blog.

Morning came and I feeling super well. I had my breakfast, looked into the hand analysis and repplied at 4 hands but I didn't review my goals and didn't even open what I wrote because I thought I knew what I have to do. After I did the warmup - I played total 5k hands in 3 sessions. During the last session got a huge headache (which is bad) and stopped only 1k hands in (which is good).

Reading this - I didn't make notes on villains and it's obviously the most boring part for me which I forgot about.

PS - I'll be looking into the other post you made after some sleep. Hope my head gets better. Also playing soccer tonight - some sport helps.

PSS - I didn't say here but I really appreciate your time. It's like coaching for free. Well for diamond but really it's just added value!
    • x3mwisp
      x3mwisp
      Platinum
      By the way the 3 step project makes total sense. What I never saw is that during the 3rd step you get the motivation back. Basicly when I take a 2-3 days break from poker - I should restart with smaller ammounts so that doesn't get harder on me and I don't lose my motivation...

Also I read the LgWz's blog here at boot-camp and found out that in playstyle I'm exactly the same. Will follow you and him there aswell and will let you know how the building a habbit project goes.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hey again,

nice, I like your effort! And I am happy to help you out :) .

By reviewing your vision statement daily and also reviewing your goals for the day (maybe you can save them on your desktop, or your browser homepage, or write them on a piece of paper in front of the pc?), you will make sure that you won't forget to do them.

By the way, have you written a detailed vision & mission statement? (this will change over time and it has to change - if you're changing, it means that you're improving :) .)

As for the 3rd step, well, you usually don't reach the 3rd step ;) . In some cases, you are even more motivated in phase 1 than you were in phase 3, because you're closer to finishing the project, which can provide you with additional motivation :) .

Keep up the great work and let me know how you progress!

-Primož
    • x3mwisp
      x3mwisp
      Platinum
      Firstly I went to soccer and played well. I had problems with my legs. I haven't done any sport for 3 years basically and legs were hurting a lot. I had a one week break and today my legs didn't hurt. I'm really happy with this achievement.

Secondly I played 5k hands today and made time for having the evening with my girlfriend. Since she's busy I will put in some more hands now before we go to sleep. This way I'll achieve my 6k daily. I'm happy with today. Will get 8 hrs of sleep and will repeat tomorrow.

About the statement - yes i did it but I didn't make a huge plan for it. I only made short goals for 1 week. Should I make a big plan for achieving my sentence? It is still going to change with time, right?
    • x3mwisp
      x3mwisp
      Platinum
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $1(BB) Poker Stars
      SB ($100)
      BB ($51.66)
      UTG ($109)
      Hero ($103)
      CO ($605)
      BTN ($139)

Dealt to Hero J:spade: Q:spade:

fold, Hero raises to $3, fold, fold, SB calls $2.50, fold

FLOP ($7) Q:heart: J:heart: 2:spade:

SB bets $5, Hero raises to $18, SB raises to $97.50 (AI), Hero calls $79.50

TURN ($202) Q:heart: J:heart: 2:spade: 8:heart:

RIVER ($202) Q:heart: J:heart: 2:spade: 8:heart: K:heart:

SB shows 9:heart: T:heart:
      (Pre 36%, Flop 49.5%, Turn 100.0%)

Hero shows J:spade: Q:spade:
      (Pre 64%, Flop 50.5%, Turn 0.0%)

SB wins $199

Just double hit to be sure :)
    • ErikStenqvist
      ErikStenqvist
      Global

1. I'm currently also struggling with my A-game.

2. and even the standard spots when playing. Most of it is due to the fact that I'm lazy enough to work on it and actually execute the practice makes perfect part.

3.Hope this boot-camp will actually force me to get more organized and I believe it is not great but huge for the players.
      Hey x3mwisp!

My name is Erik and I will be part of the coaching staff focusing on Tilt, A-Game, Mindset, and Lifecoaching. So if you have any questions you can just post them
      here and let me know in my Q&A thread if i take too long to reply. I'll be trolling around the forums but just so i don't miss anything. :)

1. I have a video series on this specific topic as part of the bootcamp. Coming soon.

2. What standard spots are these? Can you give some more detailed information? :)

3. Schnitzelfisch is your guy on this as you must already have noticed. Really try to put effort into his advice, this will help you tremendously in incorporating the things you want to earn in poker. Mindset wise or when it comes to pokerstrategy.

Any questions about the mental side of poker? Just fire away!
      Email: Info@ErikStenqvist.com
    • x3mwisp
      x3mwisp
      Platinum
      Hey. Today I slept a bit more. Arround 10 hrs. I was tired so decided to sleep. I have till 8pm to work today so I can still get my 10 hrs of work in. In the evening going with friends to watch the manchester-real match.

I put the notes I made in the middle of the desktop and cleared it so that i c it. First thing in the morning opened it and started doing what's written in it point by point. This helps. Will repeat every day.

What I meant by A-game struggling is the fact that when I analyse spots in hand judging or just ingame - I'm not confident that the lines I take are the best. For example: I cbet tptk and get called. Oop on the turn I doubt whether to 3 barrel for value or ch/r turn and shove river or ch/c and ch/c. All lines make sense against different opponents and apparently the problem is reading opponents ranges and tendencies. In order to become better at this I should be analysing hands and make notes. Maybe I'm wrong. I'm just not as confident as I was before when I built my A-game. That was in 2010 and since rush poker died which I was crushing I just didn't seem to get the proper volume/good playstyle in. Nowadays I'm trying to rebuild that and that's why I'm struggling.
    • x3mwisp
      x3mwisp
      Platinum
      2.2k hands played first session. +11BIs. IS THIS BOOT-cAMP Karma? :)

No but seriously I played pretty well and now will post some spots I'm not sure of.
      The one things mental coaches do is give a peacefull mind and thinking abilities... Thx guys!
    • x3mwisp
      x3mwisp
      Platinum
      So here are the hands I posted for analysis.
      Most attractive hand is the KK hand where i ch/f but not that important.
      KK
      The most important is where i ch/f 22.
      That's a standart cbet spot as ifs said and i know it but i'm afraid i would play against a reg who will take it away from me and i'm thinking sometimes too much. Mb my problem is that i don't like to be bluffed. Mb it's that floating occurs often but not often enough and i don't understand which should the frequencies be so that i get abused.

AK
      KK
    • x3mwisp
      x3mwisp
      Platinum
      Threadsaver:

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $1(BB) Poker Stars
      Hero ($104)
      BB ($139)
      UTG ($104)
      UTG+1 ($98.37)
      CO ($119)
      BTN ($97)

Dealt to Hero Q:diamond: T:club:

fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $3, BB raises to $8, Hero calls $5

FLOP ($16) T:heart: 9:heart: Q:club:

Hero checks, BB checks

TURN ($16) T:heart: 9:heart: Q:club: K:club:

Hero bets $11, BB calls $11

RIVER ($38) T:heart: 9:heart: Q:club: K:club: 9:diamond:

Hero checks, BB checks

Hero shows Q:diamond: T:club:
      (Pre 43%, Flop 78.2%, Turn 90.9%)

BB shows 8:diamond: A:heart:
      (Pre 57%, Flop 21.8%, Turn 9.1%)

Hero wins $36.29

My thinking - he's aggrofish call preflop.
      Okay ch/r flop.
      ok ch/c turn.
      ok ch/f river - wait ----what???
    • x3mwisp
      x3mwisp
      Platinum
      Morning heavy grinders and online social lifers! If you're reading this than there's a 33% chance you're sitting in a room wiht little to no light so to make your day better - open a window and don't forget to enjoy life a bit. (I'm in a good mood for some reason).

This month is going great so far. I've been playing 6k hands everyday was focused and showed good results. Bit of good run obv doesn't hurt aswell.

There you can see my non-showdown line aswell. Any more stats for some tips can be provided. Dunno which u're interested in. Just to say I'm not unhappy with it by any means but I know it can be improved somehow cause there's always room for improvement.

@Schnitzelfisch - I'm now reviewing my hands and making notes on villains. Thx for showing me a way to create a habbit. I will be repeating this every day I'm playing for the whole month. Will see how I do after a 2day break.

@Pleno1 - the coaching was great yesterday. It makes perfect sense for the opening ranges aswell as for the reaction to 3bets. I will try to implement bit by bit what you showed in my game vs the proper players.

Of to work now.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Perfect, good news buddy.

Really like this thread, think you have a great attitude and just get very good vibes that you will do very well moving forward in this bootcamp.

Month looks great so far, but non showdown winnings look v bad and could improve the green line significantly if we work on it.

How often would you say you did a "ambitious" bluff?