This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AQ Nl10

• Deomedes
      Deomedes
      Bronze
      PartyGaming - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 4 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

Hero (BB): $14.28
      UTG: $10.52
      BTN: $11.88
      SB: $10.45

SB posts SB $0.05, Hero posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has Q:spade: A:club:

UTG raises to $0.30, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.65, 2 players) J:heart: 3:heart: T:diamond:
      Hero bets $0.40, fold

Hero wins $0.62

Villain is 38/15 passive postflop fish.

I do not want to 3bet PF cause i dont find it easy to play AQ oop vs sticky opponents.

On the flop my bet is mostly thin value/ protection. He can call with worst and won't bet himself on the turn when ch to with less than TP.

The board is somehow wet though so i would like your take. I believe that he will not give me too much trouble next streets when i bet.

At the same time a ch-call seems fine w intention to ch-fold on blank turn cards. With this line though would it be good to lead 2/3 if i hit A, Q, K?
  • 1 reply
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey Deomedes,

Flat preflop vs UTG is fine. He's basically in the CO, you should be ahead of his range.

I think your flop donk-bet is fine. You potentially fold out some of your opponents equity, sometimes PP's, and sometimes get called by a worse draw. It's not a big deal if villain calls too often to make direct profit because you still have decent pot equity.

Check/calling is an option, works a little better if opponent is firing flop very wide and giving up on later streets unimproved. The problem with donking an A/Q for value is that it improves villains range. I'd continue to take a passive line with turn donking A or Q (bet river if turn goes check/check), but you could certainly donk turn for value if it's a K.