SB: $10.45

SB posts SB $0.05, Hero posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has Q:spade: A:club:

UTG raises to $0.30, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.65, 2 players) J:heart: 3:heart: T:diamond:
      Hero bets $0.40, fold

Hero wins $0.62

Villain is 38/15 passive postflop fish.

I do not want to 3bet PF cause i dont find it easy to play AQ oop vs sticky opponents.

On the flop my bet is mostly thin value/ protection. He can call with worst and won't bet himself on the turn when ch to with less than TP.

The board is somehow wet though so i would like your take. I believe that he will not give me too much trouble next streets when i bet.

At the same time a ch-call seems fine w intention to ch-fold on blank turn cards. With this line though would it be good to lead 2/3 if i hit A, Q, K?
  • 1 reply
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey Deomedes,

Flat preflop vs UTG is fine. He's basically in the CO, you should be ahead of his range.

I think your flop donk-bet is fine. You potentially fold out some of your opponents equity, sometimes PP's, and sometimes get called by a worse draw. It's not a big deal if villain calls too often to make direct profit because you still have decent pot equity.

Check/calling is an option, works a little better if opponent is firing flop very wide and giving up on later streets unimproved. The problem with donking an A/Q for value is that it improves villains range. I'd continue to take a passive line with turn donking A or Q (bet river if turn goes check/check), but you could certainly donk turn for value if it's a K.