Soldier from Budapest

• wilmots83
      wilmots83
      Coach
      Coach
      Hi,

I’m Vilmos, I’m 29 and I from Hungary. I play sh cash game on nl50-100 on ongame and on ipoker. I like talk about strategy, separately on every special situaiton, special lines and I don’t remember the time when I did’t spend enough time to become a better poker player. I post a lot of hands to the forum, where ps members and the coach analyze that. My profession is civil engineer. I studied at Budapest University of Technology and Economics, I finished a few years ago, but I never worked in my profession. I worked in a Bank, but I quit and the last two years all my earnings come from poker.

I started to play 4 yeras ago, in the period I was preparing my final examination at the university, as I finished, I could absolutely focus on poker. I played nl10 (17/13) a half year, but didn’t play too much hand, I rather learned the strategy. Then I played nl20 (18/14) a half year, then nl50 (18/14), and my winrate was 4bb/100 on a 425K hand sample on bwin and cake network. I played 300 90plrs KO sng at full tilt, little sample but my roi was 30, it was very good. I played mtt at the same time at weekends and I had many good scores on ongame, on stars, on full tilt and on ipoker. I played maybe 2k mtt 5rebuy+ 10$-50$ FO and sat to Sunday 200$ on party, ongame, ipoker. I was near some times some real big score. I didn’t have enough luck on some FT, but despite of that I had upswing I think.

2011:

Ok, play a little higher I sad, and shot nl100. It was a good year starting because I won 8,34 bb/100 in january 2011, but I really knew that was great upswing, so I played only 40K hand, and after one bad session I went back to nl50. I didn’t play to much cg from february to august. I played only about 200K hand and I was break even. I dont remember what I did, I play some SCOOP low and medium event in spring, I went a lot of party, and I went to the pokerstarts Pardubice poker festival in summer, I went to holiday etc. From september I started again grinding. But 2011 september was my last big winner mounth. The oktober, the november and december was break even.

2012:

I looked for another poker variant, my friend offered the 30man turbo sng on ongame, he won great money in every month, and he coached me.
      So I started 2012 with playing sng’s. I won at first, a had good roi at 1K sample, but then arrived a big down, and I lost a lot in the next 6-7K sng. I played that from January to May. The villains was really gamblers, and other pokerplayers realised that too, and one time I saw there are more regulars here then few months earlier. I decided to go back to play sh cg but I didn’t have enough bankroll.

2012 summer:

I started to play nl20 on ongame, I played 50K hand and I won with 6bb/100. At this time I searched for a staker continuously, who can stake me at nl50, maybe higher if I show high skills at the tables. I found him, he played on midstakes nl400-1k, he checked my game, my stats, my hands and he decided to stake me and coach me too off course. Unfortunately I started with a great down. I lost more then 2k$ after 125k hand. Fortunately I had a good rakeback what egalised my winnings. Maybe in oktober or november I could get back my fulltilt account, and after that I had enough money to play on my own.

In December and in January I played not too much. 2012 not was my year, and I had to relax and collect some strenght. But unfortunately this tendency continued. I think I have a big downswing. If I have something the fish has a better hand, if I potbet on flop and turn against the fish too many times I must c/f on a bad river or when only the gutshot arrives and I push the rest of my stack off course he has a straight or other stupid hand. Every 3bet pot if I have overpair and I get an action, villain has two pair or better, if no the turn help him. I have got too much preflop coolers for a long-long time. And now I’m very frustrated. I cant play my A game. I cant believe what kind of magic hand have my villains and I cant believe that I cant put my money in the pot in advantege for a long-long time. I cant’t believe is only a downswing because I’m break even in my last 600-700k hands. I dont want to be a rake back pro, I want to win, I want to win on higher stakes.

I’m intrested in the passiv defend on bb vs steal, I opened a topik in hungarian forum about that few weeks ago, it is a hard situation and i like it, I want better nonsd line too, but now I feel sometimes I dont know anything about the basics of strategy. Many times I find myself in difficult situations, where I cant decide wether I should hero call, bluff or easy fold. I think this boot camp is a great chance to learn something from more experienced players.

Here is my stats:

Hud popup stats over me, last 40K hand

Stats by stakes (last 115K hand):

Stats by position (last 115K hand):

Stats in blinds vs steal (last 115K hand):

filter: there is 1 raiser, raiser pos: co, bu, sb

and graph

• 7 replies
    • wilmots83
      wilmots83
      Coach
      Coach
      Could anyone help me to find some leaks in my game?
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey,

Pretty cool story.

Your pre flop stats look very good. You are opening wideish and aggressively, so thats good.

As far as 3betting goes, you are increasing your 3betting as the positions develop. Good.

All of your post flop stats look very good too. I'm not surprised that you found the high stakes guy to coach you.

The major leak seems to be your BB.

Often the main problem here comes vs playing against the button and cut off.

Could you show us the range you defend vs a min raise on the button.

- First when you call
      - Second when you 3bet.

If you could post these at a equilab screenshot it would work really good.

Thanks and good luck in this bootcamp.

Patrick
    • ErikStenqvist
      ErikStenqvist
      Global
      Hey!

My name is Erik and I will be part of the coaching staff focusing on Tilt, A-Game, Mindset, and Lifecoaching. So if you have any questions you can just post them here and let me know in my Q&A thread if i take too long to reply. I'll be trolling around the forums but just so i don't miss anything. :)

When it comes to mindset, tilt and a-game is there anything you are struggling with in those areas?
      How easy is it for you to let poker go after a session? And how much of your day do you spend thinking about poker?

If you need help structuring your learning up or increasing productivity I suggest dropping Schnitzelfisch a line!

Cheers!
    • wilmots83
      wilmots83
      Coach
      Coach
      Thank you for your words Patrick.

Defend range in bb vs bu minraise:

My defend range depends on villain stealing range and raeaction to 3bet.

I have a hyperstandard 3bet/5b push range (100deep) against the ragulars who 4betting enough (15%+) or much against me. 88+ AQ+ AJs (KQs)

In my limit (50-100) many ragulars 4betting too much I think. So against him I had a little 3bet/fold range otherwise I 3b/5bshove my cards. But I dont use too wide range so I never bluffing with A2s-A5s or something like that because, my villans see I 3b/5bshove a lot and they think I bluffing a lot, but NO. And sometimes if they lost our medicals call my shove with A9o, KJo or something stupid cards. So I think it works on nl50-100. A think it is a good strategy.

Villain steal with 2 BB, I 3b 8,5BB, villain 4b 20+ BB, I shove, villain folds -> standard line.

If bu steal with wide range 50%+ and call my 3bet with not a nit range, I 3b/fold agaisnt him with AJ, ATs, KQ, KJ (ATo)

And this is my standard calling range against a standard stealing range of regulrs (50-70% steal)

-->

If the stealing range is lower:

40-50% i fold the weak Aces A2-A6, K7-K8, K2s-K6s, Q8, Q7s, 98o, J9 (or maybe 3bet if villain fold too much 72%+ and villain dont fit if I increase my 3bet against him)

30-40% i fold A7 A8, Q9, K9, K7s, 9To, JTo, (or maybe 3bet if villain fold too much 72%+ and villain dont fit if I increase my 3bet against him)

If villain seal with a wide range and call my 3bet with a nit range 10-15% I call against him the bottom of my value range KJ, AT and make a bluff 3bet the bottom of my call range or Q2s-Q6s, J2s-J7s, (A2o-A5o) hands. So with more polarized range.

I have a problem in BB against agressiv, fishy, loose regulars who 4bet very rarely 3-8% but call my 3bet with a wide range and fold to cbet not to often in position, but raise flop cbet often, call flop cbet very often and bet turn very often if I check

ok I 3bet against him with AT+ KJ+

but if I have (99) TT-JJ is difficult for me

for example I 3bet with JJ he call the flop is K57fd i cbet he call, turn is A or a blank I chech he bet

I tell the truth, I call preflop against him with 99-JJ, but I don't know it is good or bad?!

In my stakes, many regulars use a 2,5bb or 3bb stealing size, and I don't know how much tighter must I call against him in bb?!
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi Vilmos, I hope we find you well amd enjoying Bootcamp?

It's a good idea to keep your thread current by posting your questions and progress for others to reply to.
      I do realise you might be busy or have more pressing engagements so that's ok to. :)

Just a reminder is all.

Have fun,

Mal.
    • wilmots83
      wilmots83
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by gadget51
      Hi Vilmos, I hope we find you well amd enjoying Bootcamp?

It's a good idea to keep your thread current by posting your questions and progress for others to reply to.
      I do realise you might be busy or have more pressing engagements so that's ok to. :)

Just a reminder is all.

Have fun,

Mal.

Hi

In the matter of fact actually I have been waiting for Pleno's reply for more then a week.
    • ErikStenqvist
      ErikStenqvist
      Global