Super Turbo SNG Strategy

• Jezzabeanz
      Jezzabeanz
      Bronze
      Hello,

I've searched the forums and I can only see threads about HU.

My question is this:
      What is the best approach for a tight player in 6 player Hyper Turbo or Super Turbo (depending on the poker room)?

As the blinds go up and I haven't been dealt a very playable hand I struggle to maintain my stack.

Any suggestions?
  • 2 replies
    • ghaleon
      ghaleon
      Black
      Well there is not that much room to maneuver especially in 10bb start stack structure. Have to have good understanding of shove/call ranges. In 25bb start stack structure there is more room for minraise steals and resteals. Some possibilities to iso raise limpers. Though players in these games are more likely to shove behind your iso or limp-shove so can't go for wide iso raises either. Obviously stacks will be shallow for postflop also when you get limp-called. Just have to look for profitable spots and grab them and if you are card/situation dead... Bad luck.

I have rarely played these, but hopefully that helps a bit. Btw 6max hyper and "tight player" is bad combination :)
    • Jezzabeanz
      Jezzabeanz
      Bronze
      Thank you very much for your response, yes I'll continue my learning into ranges, I'm pretty new to trying to improve my poker game and have only taken it seriously for a couple of weeks so there is a learning curve.

Ha, I thought so. Being tight always left me fighting for more blinds, I've watched a couple of videos on SNGs where they play relatively loose. I've also filtered out Turbo games, they are a bit more exciting due to the pace but my win rate is lower.