How to play when we got a bad image on a table

• Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Hi, sometimes I get good hands in a row so because I'm raising them I get a bad image. Then let's say on the next hand I get some broadway I'd raise with on LP, like KT or a pocket pair like 77. Should I raise them or just fold because of my image?
  • 9 replies
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      As long as they don't start to play back again, which would be untypical on lower limts, just play as you usually play. A bad image is good btw, since they call you down lighter.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TribunCaesar
      As long as they don't start to play back again, which would be untypical on lower limts, just play as you usually play. A bad image is good btw, since they call you down lighter.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
      Yea that's what I think too, but I see people referring to a good image as a TAG, I actually think it's bad because we don't get payed many times (not on NL10 though :P )

I said it was a bad image because it doesn't give me much fold equity, so should I cbet when I got this image? And I know hands that aren't QQ+ need some fold equity preflop to be EV+, so with this image I won't get much preflop neither postflop.
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      You also have a nice equity with AK and other hands preflop. If they call every cbet, cbet less when you didn't hit. ;)
    • pleki1
      pleki1
      Bronze
      A bad image is good btw, since they call you down lighter.
      Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
      Exactly :D
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Hey pleki,

nice to see you made your second post. It's very important to stay active in the forum, it helps you improve faster. I hope to read more from you.
      ;)

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Hey pleki,

nice to see you made your second post. It's very important to stay active in the forum, it helps you improve faster. I hope to red more from you.
      ;)

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
      LOL!!
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Nice....766th post. Congratz :D
    • lilprincess
      lilprincess
      Bronze
      Hey pleki,

nice to see you made your second post. It's very important to stay active in the forum, it helps you improve faster. I hope to read more from you.
      ;)

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
      owned :D
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      77 is a monster from late position!
      maybe steal tighter if you think you don't have enough fold equity and they may 3bet you