This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

How to play when we got a bad image on a table

• Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Hi, sometimes I get good hands in a row so because I'm raising them I get a bad image. Then let's say on the next hand I get some broadway I'd raise with on LP, like KT or a pocket pair like 77. Should I raise them or just fold because of my image?
  • 9 replies
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      As long as they don't start to play back again, which would be untypical on lower limts, just play as you usually play. A bad image is good btw, since they call you down lighter.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TribunCaesar
      As long as they don't start to play back again, which would be untypical on lower limts, just play as you usually play. A bad image is good btw, since they call you down lighter.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
      Yea that's what I think too, but I see people referring to a good image as a TAG, I actually think it's bad because we don't get payed many times (not on NL10 though :P )

I said it was a bad image because it doesn't give me much fold equity, so should I cbet when I got this image? And I know hands that aren't QQ+ need some fold equity preflop to be EV+, so with this image I won't get much preflop neither postflop.
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      You also have a nice equity with AK and other hands preflop. If they call every cbet, cbet less when you didn't hit. ;)
    • pleki1
      pleki1
      Bronze
      A bad image is good btw, since they call you down lighter.
      Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
      Exactly :D
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Hey pleki,

nice to see you made your second post. It's very important to stay active in the forum, it helps you improve faster. I hope to read more from you.
      ;)

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Hey pleki,

nice to see you made your second post. It's very important to stay active in the forum, it helps you improve faster. I hope to red more from you.
      ;)

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
      LOL!!
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Nice....766th post. Congratz :D
    • lilprincess
      lilprincess
      Bronze
      Hey pleki,

nice to see you made your second post. It's very important to stay active in the forum, it helps you improve faster. I hope to read more from you.
      ;)

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
      owned :D
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      77 is a monster from late position!
      maybe steal tighter if you think you don't have enough fold equity and they may 3bet you