I mean, he can't have much amirite?

• pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Ok, anonymous table, I got my stack from c/r 77 on 1027fd and barreling off and stacking somebody with 222 :) Only played 45 hands, no real stand out stats from villain ofc.

I'll give my thoughts on the hand later, thoughts?

€2/€4 No Limit Holdem
      Prima
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG Player3 (€400) 100bb
      UTG+1 pleno1 (€930.70) 233bb
      CO Player5 (€467.50) 117bb
      BTN Player6 (€946.30) 237bb
      SB Player1 (€487.01) 122bb
      BB Player2 (€479.70) 120bb

Pre-Flop: (€6, 6 players) pleno1 is UTG+1 Q:club: Q:heart:
      1 fold, pleno1 raises to €12, 1 fold, Player6 calls €12, 2 folds

Flop: 10:diamond: K:club: 3:club: (€30, 2 players)
      pleno1 bets €18, Player6 raises to €50, pleno1 calls €32

Turn: A:diamond: (€130, 2 players)
      pleno1 checks, Player6 bets €98, pleno1 raises to €312, Player6 calls €214

River: 7:club: (€754, 2 players)
      pleno1 bets €556.70,
  • 10 replies
    • LgWz
      LgWz
      Black
      As I said in Skype :P I think turn and river are really nice, we block and also rep QJ very well. Flush blocker doesn't hurt either even though I expect him to call FDs on the flop way more than raise.

I'm not sure what our plan should be on a club or bricks though in case he keeps betting.
    • yegon
      yegon
      Silver
      I would also expect most players to just call a FD on the flop this deep, sometimes even a combodraw

that said he can have a lot of strong hands like 33/TT/ATs some combos of AK and AcJc but the fact he would have just called them on the turn would indicate he is not confident they are the best hand anymore. So he might be able to fold at least some of those on the river

in my experience trying to fold out sets even 200BB deep does not work as often as I would like :) but I try anyway.

On top of that on anonymous tables I often find out later that the guy I tried to bluff is a fish who would call off super light at which point I start banging my head on the wall promising myself never to play anonymous tables again
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      As in theory we should have some bluffs this seems like a good hand to do so with b/c of blockers. club is better for him tho range wise I'd say and probably doesn't help your range at all so we will get looked up more often than on blank I think.
    • IronPumper
      IronPumper
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by yegon
      I would also expect most players to just call a FD on the flop this deep, sometimes even a combodraw

though it is nice to raise draws IP on flops being deep - good pl will know this

that said he can have a lot of strong hands like 33/TT/ATs some combos of AK and AcJc but the fact he would have just called them on the turn would indicate he is not confident they are the best hand anymore. So he might be able to fold at least some of those on the river

in my experience trying to fold out sets even 200BB deep does not work as often as I would like :) but I try anyway.

On top of that on anonymous tables I often find out later that the guy I tried to bluff is a fish who would call off super light at which point I start banging my head on the wall promising myself never to play anonymous tables again
      Like your turn-and riverplay as well.
      For the flop: this is a board/spot where you can play also more of a checking-game as the PFA and C/Call a well balanced range...
    • BC1989RF
      BC1989RF
      Gold
      yeh its nut spot
      - we block Qxcc and QJs
      - he cant have the nutflush that often - expect a hand like A5cc to cback the turn quite often. ATcc, AJxx and AQcc potentially only.

on the other hand, i dont think u ever ever have the nuts in this spot.
    • oblioo
      oblioo
      Coach
      Coach
      As played, I think your turn and river play is fine IF you expect to get villain to fold his value raising range on the flop (33, TT, KT), which he may or may not. I dunno how 2/4 prima plays, but I generally wouldn't try to get someone off a set without a read. Of course he can also have ATcc but that's just one combo to be worried about.

However, can you explain why you cbet the flop? I prefer going for a c/c--you block a lot of floats that he could have, you're not going to get 3 streets of value, your hand is not very vulnerable, and your opponent is deep with position on you and it sucks to get raised.
    • IronPumper
      IronPumper
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by BC1989RF
      yeh its nut spot
      - we block Qxcc and QJs
      - he cant have the nutflush that often - expect a hand like A5cc to cback the turn quite often. ATcc, AJxx and AQcc potentially only.

this is correct - I wonder if you should bet a smaller amoubnt OTR w your whole range cause the river throws a lot of air out of your range, so you range should be less airheavy...?
      But mb in practice still your size works best.

also agree with oblioo on flopplay-thoughts+ it is a situation where it is also for y<our range good to C/C or C/R a lot cause imo you have here to C/F a lot...
    • Lackoogcb
      Lackoogcb
      Black
      Originally posted by IronPumper
      Originally posted by BC1989RF
      yeh its nut spot
      - we block Qxcc and QJs

this is correct - I wonder if you should bet a smaller amoubnt OTR w your whole range cause the river throws a lot of air out of your range, so you range should be less airheavy...?
      But mb in practice still your size works best.

also agree with oblioo on flopplay-thoughts+ it is a situation where it is also for y<our range good to C/C or C/R a lot cause imo you have here to C/F a lot...
      if you have less bluffs in your range you want to bet bigger
    • crameLBON
      crameLBON
      Gold
      no
    • Lackoogcb
      Lackoogcb
      Black
      Originally posted by crameLBON
      no
      if you have less air in your range, the villain's calling range won't really change because of your betsizing (cuz you can't bluff that much), so betting bigger has a higher EV, it is not the whole concept, but it is true trust me