Starting Hand Chart

• 4 replies
    • Skodljivec
      Skodljivec
      Bronze
      Whatch the video by Lehrumski here at PS... I think that it's his first one where he gives good preflop starting advice... Altough a bit too nitty for my taste, it should do wonders for the microlimits and complete begginers...

Also he plays like plo600 with those stats and is a winner, so he definetly knows what he's talking about :)
    • TooSickMan
      TooSickMan
      Basic
      Where's that video?
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/video/26617/

Silver level, rest of the series is for Gold.

Forget about starting hand charts. I know that for starting player it seems easier if someone tells you what hands to open. But here is the thing: even with charts, you might now know WHY certain hands are openend and certain hands are folded. So you can't really adjust at all. And those charts can't concider things like imagos, dynamics, stack sizes and opponents.

The hands I open from BTN can vary a lot if the blinds are nits, huge calling stations or aggro maniacs. It would be impossible to make a chart for every possible scenario, with all the different stack sizes, along with how many opponents there is left to act and what type of players they are and so on.

Instead you need to figure out and learn what makes a good PLO hand. What kind of hands are good against one opponent and what are good against multiple opponents. And you need to know what you can do postflop. Cos that kinda dictates what and how you should play preflop.

It's a long journey, but if you go through it you will be a lot better poker player. To start, get a Silver status and watch that video. :)
    • windar021
      windar021
      Bronze
      I cant go silver :( I play on stars which cannot be connected here on my PS account second I dont really look for a chart to follow, but Im looking for a good chart to have an idea on what hands are playable and then adjust..