Immortal fish

• Yaruk7
      Yaruk7
      Black
      Hi!

My name is Yaroslav.
      But I don`t mind if people call me Yaruk, or just call with weaker hands.

First of all, sorry for my English :( I had no practice, for almost 7 years. So, probably, a lot of grammar mistakes will find there place in my posts. At least you`ll catch some lulz. :D

Ok.
      As I sad my name is Yaruk, i`m 24 year old and I live in Ukraine.
      Yes, Ukraine! I`m not russian. You know Ukraine, and Russia are two different countries.. yes, seriously... REALLY SERIOUSLY !

I live in a nice little town of Rivne. And you know... I love town.. Why? hehe.. Because it`s full of pretty girsl. :f_love: And it`s a great reason to visit it ;)

Average salary in out town is close to 300 big blinds nl100. And that`s with condition that you have work experience or know the secrets of the universe. So, poker for me, at present time, is the only option to get some financial freedom, earn sum of money that will not be entirely spent on food and communal services.

But lets stop talking about sad thing and move to poker... oh.. We`ll talk about my game.. So discussion of sad things continuous :D

My career of online poker pro dates us back in the distant March 2012.
      I start playing nl10 and pretty fast climb to nl50. Than summer start and poker ends :D During summer I played incredible distance of 30k hands. Buuuuuuut, I`m not disappointed about that, because my summer was really great. And when autumn came I played 100-150k hands each month.
      Lets end with far-far away history.

For last 2 month nl100 is play limit and i`m... i`m.... a rakebot... sad but true.
      My stats for last 3 month:

And what are my goals?
      1. I have an "accountant problem". When I win, for example, 3-4-5 BI in my first session of a day, or during first hours, my motivation seeks to 0. I don`t want to play more a scared of losing money that I earned. And I know that with is so stupid and I shall exclude from the fact that I have at the moment and think about distance, but I can`t help it!
      2. Stop being a nity reakbot
      3. Develop my thinking and understanding of the poker game
      4. Hit`n`run Phil Hellmuth
      5. ???????
      6. PROFIT!

Ok. Let it be all for now.
      Thank`s for your comments.
      With love from Ukraine! Будьмо!
  • 8 replies
    • paukkp
      paukkp
      Platinum
      Yes, Ukraine! I`m not russian. You know Ukraine, and Russia are two different countries.. yes, seriously... REALLY SERIOUSLY !

:D :D :D

Hi, Yaroslav!

• ErikStenqvist
      ErikStenqvist
      Global
      1. When I win, for example, 3-4-5 BI in my first session of a day, or during first hours, my motivation seeks to 0. I don`t want to play more a scared of losing money that I earned.
      Hey Yaroslav!

My name is Erik and I will be part of the coaching staff focusing on Tilt, A-Game, Mindset, and Lifecoaching. So if you have any questions you can just post them
      here and let me know in my Q&A thread if I take too long to reply. I'll be trolling around the forums but just so I don't miss anything. :)

Inspiring story! Keep working hard! :)

And don't worry about your English, it certainly seems good enough.

1. This is usually referred to chasing losses and protecting wins. Can you elaborate a bit more about what its like in session for you when this happens? Do you feel you put a lot of pressure on yourself when sitting down to play because of your current situation?

Cheers and welcome to the bootcamp!

Any questions about the mental side of poker? Just fire away!
      Email: Info@ErikStenqvist.com
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi Yaroslav, I hope we find you well and Bootcamp is being kind to you? :)

Just a small reminder that by posting questions and thoughts here about your progress, it keeps your thread current and moving forwards. :)

Perhaps you could update Erik on his question for you in here?

Have fun,

Mal.
    • Yaruk7
      Yaruk7
      Black
      Excuse me for a long period of silence.
      Caught my UP and grind a lot during these days.
      After the sessions, I was very tired and could not even find the strength to switch keyboard layout in my brain and leave a few English posts here.
      But today is my day off.
      Only theory, only bootcamp, only hardcore!

ErikStenqvist
      I'll try to explain as fully as possible.
      The main problem show itself when I begin to win. And it does sound stupid. If I played 300-500 hands and won 3+ BI, then it`s very hard to make myself sit down and keep playing. One thought is spinning in my head: "Oh... I`ll do this thing, he`ll give me a raise, i call, lose.. lOOOOOSE MONEY THAT I ALREADY WIN..NOOOOOOOO.. it`s a risk.. i`ll better wait a situation when i`ll be sure that i have the best hand". I know that this is so stupid. I know that I have to play optimal and no matter shall I win or lose this hand if it`s profitable on a distance I MUST PLAY THAT WAY. But it`s like some idiot lives in my hand and don`t allows me to play that way reading such thoughts again and again.
      And another thing. PRESSURE. YES. TOTALLY! While I`m starting my session i feel that pressure. Because if i`ll lose i`ll be in a bad mood and now I feel great because i`m winning and so on.. I don`t want so start another session I want to protect my wins..
      I have progress with kicking ass of that problem. I concentrate on Hand. hours of playing anything else but not winnings. But still it`s not enough and still that thought about play without risk spinning and chasing me. :(
      Hope for your help and thank you!
    • ErikStenqvist
      ErikStenqvist
      Global

1.The main problem show itself when I begin to win. And it does sound stupid. If I played 300-500 hands and won 3+ BI, then it`s very hard to make myself sit down and keep playing.

2.PRESSURE. YES. TOTALLY! While I`m starting my session i feel that pressure. Because if i`ll lose i`ll be in a bad mood and now I feel great because i`m winning and so on..
      1. Has this always been a problem?

2. Are you currently using a Warm-Up routine before the session?

Cheers! :) Keep grinding hard!
    • Yaruk7
      Yaruk7
      Black
      1. I think yes..
      2. No, and to my shame, I did`t even know what it is :facepalm:
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi there Yaroslav,

I just wondered if you had any progress to report.
      For example, did you find out what the warm-up preparation was and if so, how are you implementing it? Is it helping? Post your thoughts for us when you can find the time.

Forward march! :)

Mal.
    • ErikStenqvist
      ErikStenqvist
      Global
      Originally posted by Yaruk7
      1. I think yes..
      2. No, and to my shame, I did`t even know what it is :facepalm:
      1. Can you try to explain what it feels like when you start to feel you wan to quit the session?

2. When I say warm-up I mean things like: Mindfulness, going through hands, setting session goals and doing some light physical exercise for example..

:)