!success through discipline!

• Kingsurprise
      Kingsurprise
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey my name is Oliver(Olli) Im 23years old and iam studing economics.
      Well, Im a bit late, because I have moved to my first own new flat on Friday and Inet is now working=)

So now Im playing for life, I have to pay everything myself, thats new for me. I play mostly nl100/nl200 last year I shotted nl400 and failed. I play poker seriously for 3 years, starting with 50bucks from pokerstrategy on nl 10^^.

Goals:
      Improvement in everything
      more volume and more sessions on A-Game
      shot nl400 again
      solve Mindest-problems, especially scared money-factor. I want to use a 100stacks BRM. Maybe thats good for my problem.
      Longterm goal: earning enough money in poker to start my own buissines

What do you want to get out of the bootcamp?
      become a better player
      get in touch with very good players
      working hard on my game
      achieving a new level oft skill=)

Playing routine:
      Warmup: 10min Meditation before every session. Than checking my Leaklist and than I pick one on which I will conzentrate the hole session. ( Got it from Mental-Game-of-Poker and the schnitzelfisch-guide/videos, both helped me a lot)

Playing:
      Last month I played only 1.5weeks. Only to get the diamond-status I played nl100 zoom on stars on 4tables 6hours a day with proper breaks. Was realy hard work for me because I normaly play 4-6 normal tables on different sites. After that the normal tables seem to me like in slow-motion^^ and I have so much time that I can conzentrate on all informations that are given(I think) =)

Cooldown:
      Evalute my Game in an Excel-sheet.
      Game: -c to a+
      Focus: 0 to 10
      Variance: how it influenced the results
      Tilttrigger: what got me on tilt (eg. makeing bad plays. or calling instead of folding only to see that i read his hands right^^)
      Leaks: new leaks? how did i dealt with the leak I conzentrated on?

special Thanks to Schnitzelfisch, because after reading his guide to skyrocking productivity I changed much in my life!
      for example:
      jogging every morning
      Drinking a glas of water every hour
      quited coffee
      and much more
      I`m in realy good shape and my average energie-level over the day moved up a lot!

Now let`s start!
      Thank you=)
  • 49 replies
    • luca02
      luca02
      Bronze
      GL sir!

And where can i find this guide from schnitzelfish?:)
    • Kingsurprise
      Kingsurprise
      Coach
      Coach
      Thanks =)
      and here is the link:
      The quick guide to skyrocketing your poker and life productivity - COMPLETED!
    • luca02
      luca02
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kingsurprise
      Thanks =)
      and here is the link:
      The quick guide to skyrocketing your poker and life productivity - COMPLETED!
      Thnx! :)
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey Oli,

Sorry for not initially writing about poker, but could you tell me about career plans? Try and succeed in poker or go to Economics once you have graduateD?

Really great to see Schnitzelfisch videos paid off for you.

Do you mind me asking how you evaluate your game in excel?
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hey there Oli,

I'm very happy that my productivity guide has helped you out so much :s_love: ! Since I'll be lurking around the bootcamp as well, you might as well use me a bit more :D .

Do you have any specific productivity/mindset/learning problems at the moment? Or any areas which you would like to optimize?

I would be happy to help you out!

-Primož
    • Kingsurprise
      Kingsurprise
      Coach
      Coach
      @ pleno1
      so my career-plan is to suceed in poker and after that to start a buissiness or to invest in startups, but thats realy longterm
      shortem: move up in poker and finish studying at the same time. in 3 semester i have my bachelor and than I need one year for the master in entrepreneurship, these are my plans so far. But I modify my plans a bit sometimes. If i'm making big money in poker after/while studying than I probably will continue poker and wait with buissiness. But I'm realy interested in both, so I'm not sure. I will choose that what is more fun to me :)

Evaluation is like I described in my first post, so its simply table in which I give marks for my game and so on. In that way I try to not focus on monetary-results. Because I only can influence them by playing good poker. So if I played A-Game and lost money I'm still happy :)
      I also try to check the cashier only once an month but I had to do some cashouts last days for my new flat, so I had to check it :evil:

@Schnitzelfisch
      I added you on skype for some questions=)

thx
    • ErikStenqvist
      ErikStenqvist
      Global
      more volume and more sessions on A-Game
      solve Mindest-problems, especially scared money-factor.
      I want to use a 100stacks BRM. Maybe thats good for my problem.
      Longterm goal: earning enough money in poker to start my own business.

Playing routine:
      Warmup: 10min Meditation before every session. Than checking my Leaklist and than I pick one on which I will conzentrate the hole session. ( Got it from Mental-Game-of-Poker and the schnitzelfisch-guide/videos, both helped me a lot)

Playing:
      6hours a day with proper breaks.

Cooldown:

Hey Kingsuprise!

My name is Erik and I will be part of the coaching staff focusing on Tilt, A-Game, Mindset, and Lifecoaching. So if you have any questions you can just post them
      here and let me know in my Q&A thread if i take too long to reply. I'll be trolling around the forums but just so i don't miss anything. :)

The quotes here are areas where i feel we could look into more. Since you seem to have experience in these areas already it will probably be more fine tuning and few new ideas. So what would you say is the one thing you would like to improve on thee most if you had to pick one?

Cheers! :)
    • Kingsurprise
      Kingsurprise
      Coach
      Coach
      @ErikStenqvist
      hey, if I have to choose one I would take Scared Money factor, I think this is the reason why my mind goes blank when I shot higher limits and have to play a bigpot. After the hand I realise this and tilt even more because of my mind blanked^^...hope you understand me :D
      Do you have any ideas? ( I use allready tight brm, dont check cashier)
    • ErikStenqvist
      ErikStenqvist
      Global
      hey, if I have to choose one I would take Scared Money factor, I
      1.Ok, so it sounds like you have a rather large BR for your stakes is that right?

2.So say you don't check the cashier. Do you still feel like you would like to check it, but you are still able to "willpower" through the urge to do so?

If the answer to the first question is Yes, and the answer to the second question is No then my gut feeling says we are dealing with something else than "scared money"...

:)
    • Kingsurprise
      Kingsurprise
      Coach
      Coach
      I only have the feeling when I'm shotting a higher limit.
      So my answers are indeed yes and no :D ...but I have no idea what it could be... funny is when I loose a deep-pot on my standard limit I dont care but its the same amount of money in a higher limit
    • ErikStenqvist
      ErikStenqvist
      Global
      I only have the feeling when I'm shotting a higher limit.
      So my answers are indeed yes and no :D ...but I have no idea what it could be... funny is when I loose a deep-pot on my standard limit I dont care but its the same amount of money in a higher limit
      It does sounds like it could be a fear of failure, in the sense that you might not feel confidant on the higher limits or that you don't know where you stand skill wise. If this is true then being put in a spot where you don't really know whether you are right or wrong might lead to a big fear of making mistakes.

Does any of the feel like it could be whats up?
    • Kingsurprise
      Kingsurprise
      Coach
      Coach
      yeah could be and these spots probably appear more often on a higher limit so i feel more vulnerable.
      hmm I think the right solution is only to work harder on my game and post all these spots?
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      @ pleno1
      so my career-plan is to suceed in poker and after that to start a buissiness or to invest in startups, but thats realy longterm
      shortem: move up in poker and finish studying at the same time. in 3 semester i have my bachelor and than I need one year for the master in entrepreneurship, these are my plans so far. But I modify my plans a bit sometimes. If i'm making big money in poker after/while studying than I probably will continue poker and wait with buissiness. But I'm realy interested in both, so I'm not sure. I will choose that what is more fun to me :)

Evaluation is like I described in my first post, so its simply table in which I give marks for my game and so on. In that way I try to not focus on monetary-results. Because I only can influence them by playing good poker. So if I played A-Game and lost money I'm still happy :)
      I also try to check the cashier only once an month but I had to do some cashouts last days for my new flat, so I had to check it :evil:

@Schnitzelfisch
      I added you on skype for some questions=)

thx

Hey,

Just saw this, but rerally really interesting. Love your approach and its extremely similar to mine. Start ups are so interesting and I really like the idea of being invovled in the "next Facebook"

Very interesting that you can check cashier once a month, I'm not really able to do that and like to see frequently, potentially a leak, idk.

Thanks for your contribution yesterday.
    • Kingsurprise
      Kingsurprise
      Coach
      Coach
      edit: move to strategie dicussions.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Don't think he shoves 88 on the river, just always has 77 i think. Really gross spot.

Pre flop/flop look v good/fine btw.

Definitely don't think he calls JJ otr, I assume he folds AA more than he calls JJ.
    • Kingsurprise
      Kingsurprise
      Coach
      Coach
      okay thx for the fast answer, edited for 3 seconds :D
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      haha <3
    • ErikStenqvist
      ErikStenqvist
      Global
      yeah could be and these spots probably appear more often on a higher limit so i feel more vulnerable.
      hmm I think the right solution is only to work harder on my game and post all these spots?
      Sure that is always a good idea and you have great coaches here to help you with that so take and vantage of it :)

Are you taking structured shots at higher limits or just random ones?

How do you feel that you fair against the opposition at the higher limits?
    • Kingsurprise
      Kingsurprise
      Coach
      Coach
      @ErikStenqvist
      hmm mostly structured 10buyins and very good tableselection=)
      most of the regs on my site also play the limits I play so I dont be really afraid of them, sometimes there are some players moving down from nl1k than I have a bit respect and try to play very solid/balanced against them.

Interesting Hand:

BB: $40.79 (40.8 bb) fish
      MP: $53.64 (53.6 bb)
      Hero (CO): $111.10 (111.1 bb)
      BTN: $159.71 (159.7 bb)
      SB: $129.48 (129.5 bb) play 29/21 3bet 8% and checkraised in nearly exact the same spot an orbit ago an everyone folded 40 hands

Preflop: Hero is CO with T:heart: Q:spade:
      MP folds, Hero raises to $3, BTN folds, SB calls $2.50, BB calls $2

Flop: ($9) 8:spade: T:diamond: 6:club: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $6.75, Hero calls $6.75, SB raises to $18, BB folds, Hero calls $11.25
      here I got curious and want to see how he is playing turn. there not so many valuekombos which he can have since I block a t but I thougt he realy can also raise overs+gutter etc. so idecided to call

Turn: ($51.75) Q:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $28, Hero calls $28
      good card for his raising range i think but his betsizing is kinda smallish an realy looks like thin value I also beat now weaker 2pairs
      River: ($107.75) K:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks
      I thougt every better hand than mine should bet the river, so the question is can I vbet here? I think i rep sets and str8s and therefore he shouldnt call weaker hands, so I decided to checkback.