NL5 FR - LAG Style MSS

• crisabsynt
      crisabsynt
      Bronze
      A question that would be on PokerStars bb/100 matter what is average or good in the long run if MSS, BSS, or someone is playing NL5 FR-en?

Before that I was playing NL2 FR-MSS and about 5-6 bb/100-at could reach about 200,000 hands and patterns

Currently, I recently moved from NL5 MSS and started to play, and has run well over 9,000 hand on the cart. I know that this topic BSS issues, but we will hopefully get answers to all my questions, because the area is quite deserted MSS :f_frown:

If you just look like the EV winnings, even hands about 13 bb/100 the 9000 period.

Can this be a long-term winrate to keep up? Shop NL2 played very tight.

Here, however, the LAG-NL5-loosely as you played.

Graph:

• 7 replies
    • crisabsynt
      crisabsynt
      Bronze
      I continued to play LAG at NL5 FR, and good results can I still behind me.

Here are the charts:

Today I played a session and was as follows:

I was very relaxed and I play very aggressively. :D
    • crisabsynt
      crisabsynt
      Bronze
      This is my result at NL5 FR MSS after 66 932 hands:

• kenpo189
      kenpo189
      Bronze
      Dude, I've been there xD . I've played a little loosely for a while (something like 30K hands) and my winnings where actually bigger and the variance didn't change so much, what actually surprised me. I guess that this is because at PokerStars there is a lot of Nits even in the tables that we are selecting with many filters. So, considering that the great fish mistakes are taken at the postflop, there is no big mistake incresing our range preflop, and if you considerar that everytime that is a fish on the table there is also a bunch of Nits or Tags, so, incresing our VPIP and PFR is actually a good way to take a little winnings from them I think.

But, to be honest. I've quited from that for a while to have a good point of comparation before loosening my range . Now I have 92K playing tight with a very nice winnings, but I'm looking for loosening up again to increse my winnings now because now I can determine if my winnings will be better or worse than a tight strategy.

So, can we discuse a little about what you call a Lag strategy? Wich hands are you playing pre flop? When I was playing LAG my opening range was something like 22,AJ from EP; 22,XJ,AT from MP, 22,AT/A2s,XT/X9s,54s from as ROL from LP and adding A2,K2s,64s as Steal range. So, what do you think about this? Also my 3bet range was including 22,54s from LP vs Nits who opened from MP or CO, and BB vs SB situations I also included 64s, XJ/XTs.

I hope you read this comment and make a little suggestion or tips.

PS1: My native language is not english so sorry if I wrote something wrong.
      PS2: I know there is a spanish forum but there is less players than here to discuss and also they have their own strategy so it's a little difficult to discuss about changing some things when they want you to stick to the ABC that they created with big effort.
    • crisabsynt
      crisabsynt
      Bronze
      I am live in Hungary, so my english, is not good, but I can speak a little bit. :D

NL5 with LAG Style:

When I played LAG at NL5, I use TAG and LAG mixed.

Early+Middle position I play TAG game.

EP: I raise with AJs+,AQo+, 22+, KQs its about 9 % range. TIght.
      MP: I raise with ATo+, KJs+,KQo, 22+... And sometimes suited connectors. 1 gap suited connectors. For example J9s, or T8s from HiJack Position. Unopened.

Late Position, CO + BTN, i steel about 90-100% range. So anytwo.

And you can Izolate limpers with wide range if you are in CO or BTN positon.

From SB if everybody folds, and I am in SB, i usually steel with anytwo.

But if limpers are in the actually hand, and if i am in BB or SB position, I usually izolate with a tight range. So I mean: AT+,KJ+QJ+, 88+.

So I played TAG in EP and MP, and BB,SB, but I played LAG in CO and BTN, when unopened pot was, and when somebody is limped.

But if you are in SB and BB, and BTN, and somebody steel, from MP, or from CO, BTN,SB, you should resteel more then a TAG. 3-bet/fold with Ax, with 22+, with KQ, with other hand-s.

But I think 3-bet bluff work if villain fold to your 3-bet more than 70 % , and fold to c-bet a lot of time in 3-bet pots.

LAG style is a very dangerous style, because you bluff a lot, and you c-bet a lot, and 3-bet a lot with absolutely nothing.

For example: You are in SB with A2s, CO raises to 3 bb. You 3-bet and CO goes 4-bet allin. You have just A2s, so you have to fold.

If you steel a lot from Late postion, you get 3-bets from the blinds. You have to fold a lot of hands to 3-bet.

LAG strategy works with fold rich tables.

I mean everyvbody play TIGHT, NIT play. For example 10/7 or something.

When I played I use a filter to flop seen %. It shows you the % of a table.

I search 1% between 10 % tables.

Nowadays I play TAG at NL2-NL5, and I can win as TAG player.

Sorry for my bad english :D
    • Acespeci
      Acespeci
      Bronze
      Do you use this LAG MSS only when the table is tight or you table select well or is it because you can afford to play loose because you are not money scare?
    • crisabsynt
      crisabsynt
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Acespeci
      Do you use this LAG MSS only when the table is tight or you table select well or is it because you can afford to play loose because you are not money scare?
      TAG vs LAG

For example: If you go to NL2, you can see a lot of table, which are high flop seen. A lot of table is 30% or more flop seen.

It means there are a lot of Loose players. Loose agressive, or loos passive. At this table profitable to play TAG strategy. Because they are loose players.

If you select tables which has low flop seen %. For example 1 % - 10 %, you find a lot of tight players, a lot of NIT play-ers.

They are play tight game, so they fold their hand a lot of time preflop. When a table is tight, a LAG game is can be profitable.

If you find a table with full of loose, LAG players, and you sit in, and try to play LAG game, it is not profitable.

And If you find a table with full of TIGHT players, NIT playere, and you sit in, and try to play your TAG game, it is not so profitable.

For example: In tight tables, nit tables:

You have KK. You openraise, and everybody fold. Because they wait for strong hands, and it means they fold preflop a lot of times. If a player has 10 VPIP and 8 PFR, it means, he only plays about the all starting hands of 10 % and he fold about 90 % of the time.

If he fold more, you can steal more. Becasuse if you steal with 46s, he will fold. IF you steal with a wide range, he will fold 80-90% of the time. But when he raises, or calls, he has a strong staring hand.

I think my english is not good, but i hope its understandable :D

If you play LAG you keep in mind, that you can raise more, bluff more, sou you will put more money in the pot, and maybe lose it, maybe won it.

Don don't be money scared if you play LAG style at the tables. Beacuse your money your stack is a weapon at the table.

You raise and steel more than a TIGht player, you can do actions, and the players will under pressure.
    • ChubbyTrucker
      ChubbyTrucker
      Global
      Just a beginners observation on your discussion. .........

Regardless of stack size or starting stratergy, being able to notice what your opponents are doing in various positions and how often they are doing it is much more important! The old adage ' do what everyone else isnt doing' is a good starting place when youve played a few hands and got a feel for the table you're at?