[NL2-NL10] T9s UTG

• Stevie8
      Stevie8
      Bronze
      sorry for posting it in the wrong place but apparently I don't have the required level to post it in the corresponding section

Poker Stars $0.08/$0.16 No Limit Hold'em - 7 players - View hand 2125111
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

CO: $9.60
      BTN: $21.85
      SB: $19.56
      BB: $6.64
      UTG: $24.08
      Hero (UTG+1): $16.62
      MP: $16.00

Pre Flop: ($0.24) Hero is UTG+1 with T :heart: 9 :heart:
      UTG raises to $0.40, Hero calls $0.40, 5 folds

Flop: ($1.04) 9 :spade: 4 :heart: K :heart: (2 players)
      UTG bets $0.48, Hero raises to $1.12, UTG raises to $2.72, Hero calls $1.60

Turn: ($6.48) J :diamond: (2 players)
      UTG bets $6.24
      Hero folds
  • 1 reply
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      Calling 9Ts pre flop facing utg range is pretty loose. I think folding pre flop is better.

As played I think you can choose to raise the flop to fold out hands like AJ AQ TT JJ etc. It helps if you have pfr and cb stats it gives an idea of what he's open raising and cb with. Against his raise I think it's usually KK AA or better and you have the right odds to call on the flop to hit your flush.

However on the turn he pots it. You have 9 outs to the flush and 3 Q non-flush straight but have possible reverse implied odds on the J :heart: that could give him a full house. You need to win about 26 dollars if you call his bet on the turn and I think it's a close fold. After putting in your 6 dollars the pot would be 18 and I think you can't always get all his money in on the river and he doesn't have enough money left for you to win and you could hit your flush while he makes his full house.

With that I think it's a fold on the turn.

Regards
      Cgf