[NL2-NL10] Nl10 SH: AKo

• acetbfish
      acetbfish
      Bronze
      Villain stats 39/25/18.2 in 45 hands and was aggresive a lot.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($9.90)
      BB ($13.66)
      UTG ($10)
      Hero ($12.43)
      BTN ($4.89)

Dealt to Hero K:diamond: A:heart:

fold, Hero raises to $0.30, fold, fold, BB raises to $0.95, Hero calls $0.65

FLOP ($1.95) Q:spade: T:spade: 2:club:

BB bets $1, Hero calls $1

TURN ($3.95) Q:spade: T:spade: 2:club: 9:club:

BB checks, Hero bets $2.50, BB calls $2.50

RIVER ($8.95) Q:spade: T:spade: 2:club: 9:club: T:club:

BB checks, Hero bets $7.98 (AI),

Is this spewing or not? I thought that this type of player wouldn't check twice for traping. Preflop I don't think that it has any value to 4bet.
  • 3 replies
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      If he's aggressive I think you can 4bet and let him shove in worse hands pre flop. Calling is a good option if he folds a lot to 4bets and you get to play a strong hand against a wide range in position but you probably don't have that stat.

I don't think the bet on the river is necessary. If he had a draw like AJ or A8 etc you are ahead and can check back to win a showdown. If he had the Q he isn't folding to an all in. I don't think he's folding JJ here either. I don't see many better hands that can fold on the river.

Maybe you can name the better hands that fold but would have called on the turn? 9J 88?

Regards
      Cgf
    • acetbfish
      acetbfish
      Bronze
      I thought that he could fold AQ, KQ, JJ and that's why I bet. Tbh though, I didn't think during the hand that I could have the best hand and that I could take the pot at the showdown :D
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      Not having the best hand is not sufficient a reason for you to bet. There needs to be enough better hands that can fold on the river for a bet. For a near pot size bet like you did you need him to fold slightly lesser than 50% of the time.

Don't expect anyone to fold top pair unless he has proven to do so before or have a super tight wts like less than 15%. Folding out JJ is unlikely either.

Regards
      Cgf