This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl10 SH: AKo

• acetbfish
      acetbfish
      Bronze
      Villain stats 39/25/18.2 in 45 hands and was aggresive a lot.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($9.90)
      BB ($13.66)
      UTG ($10)
      Hero ($12.43)
      BTN ($4.89)

Dealt to Hero K:diamond: A:heart:

fold, Hero raises to $0.30, fold, fold, BB raises to $0.95, Hero calls $0.65

FLOP ($1.95) Q:spade: T:spade: 2:club:

BB bets $1, Hero calls $1

TURN ($3.95) Q:spade: T:spade: 2:club: 9:club:

BB checks, Hero bets $2.50, BB calls $2.50

RIVER ($8.95) Q:spade: T:spade: 2:club: 9:club: T:club:

BB checks, Hero bets $7.98 (AI),

Is this spewing or not? I thought that this type of player wouldn't check twice for traping. Preflop I don't think that it has any value to 4bet.
  • 3 replies
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      If he's aggressive I think you can 4bet and let him shove in worse hands pre flop. Calling is a good option if he folds a lot to 4bets and you get to play a strong hand against a wide range in position but you probably don't have that stat.

I don't think the bet on the river is necessary. If he had a draw like AJ or A8 etc you are ahead and can check back to win a showdown. If he had the Q he isn't folding to an all in. I don't think he's folding JJ here either. I don't see many better hands that can fold on the river.

Maybe you can name the better hands that fold but would have called on the turn? 9J 88?

Regards
      Cgf
    • acetbfish
      acetbfish
      Bronze
      I thought that he could fold AQ, KQ, JJ and that's why I bet. Tbh though, I didn't think during the hand that I could have the best hand and that I could take the pot at the showdown :D
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      Not having the best hand is not sufficient a reason for you to bet. There needs to be enough better hands that can fold on the river for a bet. For a near pot size bet like you did you need him to fold slightly lesser than 50% of the time.

Don't expect anyone to fold top pair unless he has proven to do so before or have a super tight wts like less than 15%. Folding out JJ is unlikely either.

Regards
      Cgf