This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 45s tripps

• mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Bronze
      iPoker - $0.20 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (BB): 284.85 BB
      UTG: 152.7 BB
      MP: 44 BB
      CO: 46.05 BB
      BTN: 30.75 BB
      SB: 195.4 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 4:diamond: 5:diamond:

UTG raises to 3.3 BB, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls 2.3 BB

Flop: (7.1 BB, 2 players) 4:heart: 6:spade: 4:club:
      Hero checks, UTG checks

Turn: (7.1 BB, 2 players) K:club:
      Hero checks, UTG bets 5.3 BB, Hero raises to 17.25 BB, UTG calls 11.95 BB

River: (41.6 BB, 2 players) J:diamond:
      Hero bets 73 BB, UTG raises to 132.15 BB, Hero calls 59.15 BB

Hero shows 4:diamond: 5:diamond: (Three of a Kind, Fours) (Pre 39%, Flop 96%, Turn 95%)
      UTG shows A:heart: K:heart: (Two Pair, Kings and Fours) (Pre 61%, Flop 4%, Turn 5%)
      Hero wins 290.9 BB

153 hands 18/16 cbet 70.

I call because I have playable hand deep, and have 2bb to pay, and he is UTG so I expect him to pay me off if I hit nuts.

Is it ok turn check, since he might start bluffing, or I can check raise if he hits Kx, because it is in his range when he checks flop.
      Is overbet ok? I think push would be too much for him even to call Kx, but this way I wanted to look as bluff. When he pushes, I think he never has KK, JJ because he bets that on flop, so I put him on KJ, AK.
  • 1 reply
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

This is quite an easy fold preflop especially against an UTG raise. How do you think this hand is playable postflop?

On the turn check/raising is the best option here in my opinion. We are likely to have the best hand here, he would hardly put us on 4x, and basically I don't expect him to bet the river if we go for the check/call.
      I would rather make it bigger - around 23bb.

On the river I like overbetting here. Our range is very very polarized here and we are going to have a lot of bluffs here.
      When he shoves calling is fine.

PS: Keep in mind that this is the section for hands played up to NL10 so you must have Silver+ status to post hands from NL20.

Best,
      Plamen