Having Difficulties

• douglasjastewart
      douglasjastewart
      Bronze
      Well had $50 on Saturday, now down to $40, 5 days later after 45 games at $1 turbo games. This isn't a great record is it?

I used to play very slow home poker games so this is my first time playing online or at this speed and I presume between the two is where I am making my mistakes. How should I be changing my game to deal with the transition and rapidly increasing blinds?

I understand it could just be a downswing or just a lack of experience in dealing with the unpredictability of fish at this level. Or is that just making excuses for myself?
  • 6 replies
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      How should I be changing my game to deal with the transition and rapidly increasing blinds?
      That's what you have to deal with, read SnG strategies, post hands on the evaluation section, watch videos and go to the coachings. When you feel ready go play again :)
    • AquamanBT
      AquamanBT
      Bronze
      I think that if you stick to the starting hands charts you should do better. Check if you are limping in with hands like K-J, Q-10 or small pairs out of position. The strategy explained here makes you play only good hands and aggresively. Also the ICM trainer that you can download here will help you a lot when you get to push/fold situations. Trust the articles; ocasionally you will get sucked out in the river, but if you go by the charts you are playing mostly situations with positive expectations. I'm no expert, but if you want I could check a couple of tourney histories to see if I can pinpoint leaks.
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      Originally posted by douglasjastewart
      Well had $50 on Saturday, now down to $40, 5 days later after 45 games at $1 turbo games. This isn't a great record is it?

I used to play very slow home poker games so this is my first time playing online or at this speed and I presume between the two is where I am making my mistakes. How should I be changing my game to deal with the transition and rapidly increasing blinds?

My advise is that first stop playing turbo SNGs if speed is to fast for you and play "normal" speed for start.

Sure reading articles to but first i think would be best to stop playing turbos ;)
    • nattybongo
      nattybongo
      Bronze
      deffo what aquaman says. use the SHC. it helps alot! Try stay away from turbos too. there fast paced games where u cant jus sit bk waiting for good hands or else the blinds will gobble u up. good luck!
    • AquamanBT
      AquamanBT
      Bronze
      Hmm... Missed the turbo part. Good comment; turbos are way too fast for me 2.
    • douglasjastewart
      douglasjastewart
      Bronze
      Problem is I'm trying to adhere to BRM and all the $1 SnGs are turbos (partypoker) so I fell kinda forced to play them, moving up to $3 SnGs would allow me to play slower games but would throw my BRM all out. Or should I take that hit in order to benefit from the reduced speed?

With rapidly increasing blinds am I best playing more or less hands?