Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has T:spade: Q:diamond:

fold, fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, SB calls 2.5 BB, fold

Flop: (7 BB, 2 players) Q:spade: 4:club: J:spade:
      SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: (7 BB, 2 players) 4:diamond:
      SB checks, Hero bets 4 BB, SB raises to 14.25 BB, Hero calls 10.25 BB

River: (35.5 BB, 2 players) A:club:
      SB bets 33 BB, Hero calls 33 BB

Hero shows T:spade: Q:diamond: (Two Pair, Queens and Fours) (Pre 61%, Flop 94%, Turn 100%)
      SB shows 6:diamond: 5:diamond: (One Pair, Fours) (Pre 39%, Flop 6%, Turn 0%)
      Hero wins 96.45 BB

1.1k hands 25/17 3bet 7, AF 2

I check back IP usually with weak kickers, and let opponent bluff or bet turn and river. Here I am not sure if it is better bet bet check river, because there are draws possible?

On turn his raise doesnt mean much, because he checks again turn after I show weakness, so I call, and river is a perfect scare card for him. If he would have Ax, I dont think he would need to bet so large, but people usually bet smaller.
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi mla,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: I agree with the river play after our turn call. He polarized his range to 4x and that's pretty much it (maybe JJ).

As far as our initial line goes it should come down to our opponent. He doesn't seem overly aggressive so far (2 is rather low) so he may not bet and bet river often enough for us to show a better profit than by just cbetting flop and turn.

And given the board texture I would go with bet flop/turn and then check that river.