Stacks:
      UTG Hero ($10.42)
      UTG+1 Flog1er ($12.06)
      CO DanYe23 ($9.95)
      BTN Sobi8888 ($16.83)
      SB kwrg ($12.43)
      BB HotpaNts8723 ($7.23)

Pre-flop: ($0.15, 6 players) Hero is UTG
      [color:#272BA6]Hero raises to $0.40[/color], 2 folds, [color:#B93238]Sobi8888 calls $0.40[/color], 2 folds

Flop: ($0.95, 2 players)
      [color:#272BA6]Hero bets $0.70[/color], [color:#B93238]Sobi8888 calls $0.70[/color]

Turn: ($2.35, 2 players)
      [color:#272BA6]Hero bets $1.50[/color], [color:#B93238]Sobi8888 calls $1.50[/color]

River: ($5.35, 2 players)
      [color:#272BA6]Hero bets $2[/color], 1 fold

Final Pot: $7.35

Stats: 53/11/1/24 (vpip/pfr/af/wts) with 55 hands

Ok his call preflop as far as I know can be Axs, Kxs, Qxs+, face cards (JT+, QT+), A2o+, QQ-, suited/unsuited/gap connectors, etc etc...

Now on the flop he calls, so he probably has Qx, SD (75, 97, T9, JT), a FD, maybe 8x or a pocket pair like TT, 99.

So on the turn a 9 completes 2 SDs, 75 and JT. I decide to bet again because I think I'm still ahead his calling range on the flop, not sure because of the Q though...

So he called again, but it doesn't tell me almost anything because he's very passive so his range is still the same as the flop I think, maybe I could drop 8x and pocket pairs.

On the river it completes a FD, so I decide to do a blocking bet and try to see a "cheap" showdown. He folds to my small bet and I just didn't understand what he probably had here ?( ?(

Anyway, I'm trying to improve on putting my opponent's on an hand range, so if you could tell me if what I said is correct, and please tell me if I played well accordingly to his hand range ?( Thanks :)
  • 5 replies
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      preflop his range is very wide . this kind of players play any ace , any king any suited two cards etc.
      on the flop this is a bet for value because he calls very light .
      i like beting again on the turn because we are still ahead of his range as you said .
      on the river the flush completes and the 9 could make him trips from a hand like 9 7. i dont like blocking bet here because i dont think as this point he will call with worse .
      i am more inclined in checking and i evaluate if i call or fold from his bet amount altough i dont think he will bet something worse with his low af

i like your line against his range except the river :)
      gl
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by srohack
      hi
      preflop his range is very wide . this kind of players play any ace , any king any suited two cards etc.
      on the flop this is a bet for value because he calls very light .
      i like beting again on the turn because we are still ahead of his range as you said .
      on the river the flush completes and the 9 could make him trips from a hand like 9 7. i dont like blocking bet here because i dont think as this point he will call with worse .
      i am more inclined in checking and i evaluate if i call or fold from his bet amount altough i dont think he will bet something worse with his low af

i like your line against his range except the river :)
      gl
      Hmm, so what exactly is a blocking bet for and how should I use it?
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      their actualy is an article about blocking bets but you need the gold status in order to read it so play play play and get acces to a lot of new articles and videos .
      to make it short .
      you are doing a blocking bet when you are out of position with a hand that you feel has good value but you are not sure if it is the best hand . in a way you try fix the showdown price by beting 1/2 , 1/3 of the pot . you are trying to value bet a worser hand and take a cheap showdown with a better one . if you get raised you fold .
      gl
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by srohack
      hi
      their actualy is an article about blocking bets but you need the gold status in order to read it so play play play and get acces to a lot of new articles and videos .
      to make it short .
      you are doing a blocking bet when you are out of position with a hand that you feel has good value but you are not sure if it is the best hand . in a way you try fix the showdown price by beting 1/2 , 1/3 of the pot . you are trying to value bet a worser hand and take a cheap showdown with a better one . if you get raised you fold .
      gl
      Hmm, thanks :) But why shouldn't I use blocking bet in this hand then? I'm not sure my hand is the best so I do a blocking bet, I was going to fold against a raise.
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      at this moment i dont see something worse calling and i see him checking behind a queen but calling it if you bet or shoving a 9 or flush . so you will not get more value from your hand , you will just give him more value . not a good deal :)