[NL2-NL10] NL5 Zoom AK BvB

• cheekopeh
      cheekopeh
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $5.59 (111.8 bb)
      SB: $5.05 (101 bb)
      Hero (BB): $5.26 (105.2 bb)
      UTG: $5 (100 bb)
      MP: $1.05 (21 bb)
      CO: $5.02 (100.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K A
      4 folds, SB raises to $0.17, Hero raises to $0.45, SB calls $0.28

Flop: ($0.90) 5 A 8 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.55, SB raises to $1.50, Hero folds

Results:
      $2 pot ($0.08 rake)
      Final Board: 5 A 8
      SB mucked and won $1.92 ($0.92 net)
      Hero mucked K A and lost (-$1 net)

SB - ( $5.05 USD ) - VPIP: 22, PFR: 16, 3B: 6, AF: 2.0, Hands: 51

PF: SB looks quite solid over 50 hands in terms of VPIP & PFR. SB steal not really applicable w these sample. I 3-bet for value as his I believe his 3-bet calling range to be pretty wide. Any PPs, high Aces and good broadway cards.

Flop: He tanked check for super long. Probably 30s~. I then bet for value around 2/3 pot. I was thinking of a check because I don't think the board hits him that hard. But chose to bet for value vs his Ax, mid PPs and also protection against FDs.

He took around 3-5s to raise me. I think I'm WAWB here. I'm not sure someone like him will raise Ax.. He might make a play and bluff-raise. But he's OOP and raising I will expect him to fire Turn & River. If I call I think I have to expect to calldown as well? I think he's really strong here and his play makes sense if he has 55s or 88s to protect vs FD and get value from Ax.
  • 3 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

3bet bigger preflop - at least 3x.

On the flop, it is quite an easy bet/shove here. We are only beat by 55/88 since I don't really expect him to call A8/A5 preflop OOP, so we can never fold TPTK here.

Best,
      Plamen
    • cheekopeh
      cheekopeh
      Bronze
      Hi Coach,

Do you think Villain will overplay worse Ax or some other holdings? We can include AK in his hand also and chop. But I'm really not sure if they raise AQ and worse here? (I know just because I won't doesn't mean they will not)..

We don't have any history or reads on him at all. Unless we assume all NL5 players to be bad and by default this will be a winning play more than usual?
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Well, I think that there are people who could easily play like this with worse Ax here.

Usually, people do tend to overplay top pair hands in 3bet pots, especially if they are Ax so I would just go broke here.

Also, with our small 3bet we didn't show too much strength preflop, so he might be inclined to raise more thinly here on the flop.