This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 Zoom T9s

• cheekopeh
      cheekopeh
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $3.81 (76.2 bb)
      SB: $7.45 (149 bb)
      BB: $5.57 (111.4 bb)
      UTG: $10.75 (215 bb)
      Hero (MP): $5.92 (118.4 bb)
      CO: $6.52 (130.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with T 9
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $0.15, CO calls $0.15, BTN calls $0.15, SB calls $0.13, BB calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.75) 8 6 3 (5 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, CO bets $0.45, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.45

Turn: ($1.65) T (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1, Hero calls $1

River: ($3.65) 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.70, CO folds

Results:
      $3.65 pot ($0.15 rake)
      Final Board: 8 6 3 T 4
      Hero mucked T 9 and won $3.50 ($1.90 net)
      CO mucked and lost (-$1.60 net)

CO - ( $6.52 USD ) - VPIP: 22, PFR: 11, 3B: 5, AF: 0.0, Hands: 46

PF: Too loose to open?

Flop: 5 way here. I'm thinking of c-betting because I have great equity in this pot. But am almost likely that I'll have a caller or even risk getting raised, x/raised. So decided to play passive to keep e pot small and hopefully get a free card.

Turn: The Th improves me even more so I'm definitely calling again here.

River: When e flush hits, I decided to donk for value against some 2p like 86, T8, sets and completed straight draws 75, 97. Is my bet size okay?
  • 3 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop I prefer folding. We can raise here if the players behind us are very tight.

I am definitely cbettng the flop here. Even if we get called we have quite a lot of outs and could bet again on some turn cards.

As played, the T improves our hand and we now beat better FDs, so I think we can c/c here as well. What concerns me here is that we are OOP.

As played, I would either check/call the river as well, or bet smaller - like $1.2-$1.3.
      To me donking is better since people are going to check back their weaker hands most of the time.
      As played, if he raises what's your plan?

Best,
      Plamen
    • cheekopeh
      cheekopeh
      Bronze
      Hi Coach,

Thanks for evaluation. Hopefully planning to x/c the Flop isn't such a huge mistake?

I have already decided to play b/f on e River if raised to. If he raises he will be polarized here. But as played in earlier streets, I believe he has more of a hand than not. And I beat only 6 & 7 high flush here and lose to all others.

Ofc I believe all sets & 2Ps just call here.
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Well, it isn't such a huge mistake since we still have decent amount of equity, but if we bet ourselves we can:
      - take the pot right on the flop
      - continue with the aggression on the later streets and represent a good hand.

If he raises he will be polarized here.
      I would rather disagree with this one here.
      Usually, when he raises in this spot in 95% of the times he has the flush here, and there are quite a few combos of worse flushes here, and he might not even play them, so I'm always folding here.