[NL2-NL10] NL5 Zoom T9s

• cheekopeh
      cheekopeh
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $3.81 (76.2 bb)
      SB: $7.45 (149 bb)
      BB: $5.57 (111.4 bb)
      UTG: $10.75 (215 bb)
      Hero (MP): $5.92 (118.4 bb)
      CO: $6.52 (130.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with T 9
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $0.15, CO calls $0.15, BTN calls $0.15, SB calls $0.13, BB calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.75) 8 6 3 (5 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, CO bets $0.45, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.45

Turn: ($1.65) T (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1, Hero calls $1

River: ($3.65) 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.70, CO folds

Results:
      $3.65 pot ($0.15 rake)
      Final Board: 8 6 3 T 4
      Hero mucked T 9 and won $3.50 ($1.90 net)
      CO mucked and lost (-$1.60 net)

CO - ( $6.52 USD ) - VPIP: 22, PFR: 11, 3B: 5, AF: 0.0, Hands: 46

PF: Too loose to open?

Flop: 5 way here. I'm thinking of c-betting because I have great equity in this pot. But am almost likely that I'll have a caller or even risk getting raised, x/raised. So decided to play passive to keep e pot small and hopefully get a free card.

Turn: The Th improves me even more so I'm definitely calling again here.

River: When e flush hits, I decided to donk for value against some 2p like 86, T8, sets and completed straight draws 75, 97. Is my bet size okay?
  • 3 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop I prefer folding. We can raise here if the players behind us are very tight.

I am definitely cbettng the flop here. Even if we get called we have quite a lot of outs and could bet again on some turn cards.

As played, the T improves our hand and we now beat better FDs, so I think we can c/c here as well. What concerns me here is that we are OOP.

As played, I would either check/call the river as well, or bet smaller - like $1.2-$1.3.
      To me donking is better since people are going to check back their weaker hands most of the time.
      As played, if he raises what's your plan?

Best,
      Plamen
    • cheekopeh
      cheekopeh
      Bronze
      Hi Coach,

Thanks for evaluation. Hopefully planning to x/c the Flop isn't such a huge mistake?

I have already decided to play b/f on e River if raised to. If he raises he will be polarized here. But as played in earlier streets, I believe he has more of a hand than not. And I beat only 6 & 7 high flush here and lose to all others.

Ofc I believe all sets & 2Ps just call here.
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Well, it isn't such a huge mistake since we still have decent amount of equity, but if we bet ourselves we can:
      - take the pot right on the flop
      - continue with the aggression on the later streets and represent a good hand.

If he raises he will be polarized here.
      I would rather disagree with this one here.
      Usually, when he raises in this spot in 95% of the times he has the flush here, and there are quite a few combos of worse flushes here, and he might not even play them, so I'm always folding here.