This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL20 SH ATs called 3bet in sandwich

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      SB ($23.24)
      BB ($15.04)
      UTG ($37.78)
      Hero ($21.96)
      BTN ($60.71)

Dealt to Hero T:heart: A:heart:

UTG calls $0.20, Hero raises to $0.80, BTN raises to $2.10, fold, fold, UTG calls $1.90, Hero calls $1.30

FLOP ($6.60) A:diamond: 6:diamond: 7:heart:

UTG checks, Hero checks, BTN checks

TURN ($6.60) A:diamond: 6:diamond: 7:heart: 9:club:

UTG checks, Hero bets $3.40, BTN folds, UTG folds

Hero shows T:heart: A:heart:

Hero wins $6.27

BTN:

UTG: 77/9 57h

his 3bet is small and I have postion vs fish at least, I have suited ace which can hit nut flush, also get good odds and 3bet on BTN is hihger thatn from other positions except SB. So I am not in the worst shape.

Is it ok?

On flop I check to see what agressor will do - how mcuh will he cbet. IF he cbets very big, I might be even giving up, because he has better aces in his range.
      I don't think he has too much 66 77, he will probably call them preflop which is good.
  • 1 reply
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey,

You get very good odds like you said, you also get to play with a fish and have position on him. I think your call preflop is fine and your postflop plan as well. Preflop, your hand is a bluffcatcher against BU's 3betting range and it doesn't improve to more than a bluffcatcher against him so I think check/calling flop is fine.