SB bets $0.20, Hero calls $0.20, CO folds

TURN ($1) Q:club: 5:diamond: 9:spade: K:spade:

SB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($1) Q:club: 5:diamond: 9:spade: K:spade: 8:diamond:

SB bets $0.20, Hero calls $0.20

SB:

CO: 42/6 39h

just calling flop for pot control.

Not betting turn because Kx is scare and many weaker hands might fold.

Just calling river, because many better hands beat me - striaghts, sets, better 2 pairs. There might be not that many of them becauyse he bets small, but I don't think I get too many callls from weaker hands. Myabe still should riase to get call from Qx and fold to a 3bet.
  • 1 reply
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey,

Flop is close, you can usually raise for value there imo. You also leave yourself more options later. If you just call you can get pushed out of the pot by very good players. Although you don't face great players now, it's something that you should know and try for yourself. These 'just flats' are very weak so in CO's spot of minbet + call, you can attack quite wide.

As played, I think not betting turn is fine, you can get some value on the river by representing a weaker hand than Qx with a check. On the river, nothing improved to beat you and he looks very weak, he likes to go to showdown. It's clearly a raise/fold spot. Regarding sizing, I would treat his minbet as a check and raise close to an amount I would've bet, around .80 here.