[NL20-NL50] 10J suited. played too aggressively?

• whaha
      Full Tilt Poker, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
      LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

UTG: $26.30
      Hero (CO): $40.55
      BTN: $20.80
      SB: $32.70
      BB: $19.95

Pre-Flop: T:diamond: J:diamond: dealt to Hero (CO)
      UTG raises to $1, Hero calls $1, BTN calls $1, 2 folds

Flop: ($3.35) 8:diamond: 9:diamond: J:club: (3 Players)
      UTG bets $3, Hero raises to $9, BTN folds, UTG raises to $25.30 and is All-In, Hero calls $16.30

Turn: ($53.95) A:diamond: (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

River: ($53.95) 2:club: (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: $53.95 Pot ($2.65 Rake)
      UTG showed K:diamond: K:heart: (a pair of Kings) and LOST (-$26.30 NET)
      Hero showed T:diamond: J:diamond: (a flush, Ace high) and WON $51.30 (+$25 NET)

was it right to try get all my money in on the flop because i had a very strong draw, i had 9 outs for a flush with 2 being a straight flush. i had another 6 outs for a straight (not including 7 D and Q D) and another 2 outs for a 3 of a kind so overall i had 17 outs that would improve my hand to the best i think. so was the line of play ok with the 3 betting and the all in call
  • 9 replies
    • MrTrout
      First question you should be asking yourself is should i have entered the pot following a 4 x raise from UTG, I mean was this guy playing ultra aggressive to maniac? But since that is not the question then getting them all in post flop was ok, although you were behind at the time i'd have still made you 60/40 fav to win the hand. Nice pot well done :)
    • whaha
      yeh now looking at it preflop was very bad and i should of folded them but i like playing suited connectors and small pocket pairs because if u hit a flop hard u usually stack the opponent like in the next hand i won all his money again with a set of 2s. Need to work on preflop i guess a bit
    • superjunk
      Nh, everybode got his own style..
      If you make money with the suited connectors , go for it..:)
    • srohack
      i like your line . its ok to call with jts an utg raise . you hit your dream flop and you want as much money in as you can .
    • TimothyVdp1
      offcourse you call with SC in position, what else? :)
    • Michailewic
      You had 15 outs for flush or straight, against overpair (which was the post likely) you had additional 5 outs (except for against QQ which it was 1:1).

You was ahead against all hands but JJ, 99, 88 (and also unlikey hand such as T7, TQ). Against JJ, 99, 88, it was almost 50:50 (against JJ, villain was favourite 54.5:43.6).

In the best case scenario for the villain, the villain would win in 56.4% (with TxQd).

You had to invest additional $16.3 to win $37.65, i.e. your pot odds were 1:2.3. Therefore, even against TxQd (which is very unlikely it would be even (because your odds would be 1:2.3).

And with open ended staight and flush draw (with no paired board) I would have called without thinking. And you had openended straight flush draw... With such hand and flop, I would not have borthered with counting my possible outs.
    • kukac26
      Post-flop game was ok, you hit the dream flop, afterall...

Calling UTG raises of 4BB when it gets folded to you with JTs will lose you a lot of money. Even if the table is passive you'll be hard pressed to break even (you'll hit something on the flop in 40% of the cases).

On an aggressive table you're just burning money, because you'll hit big flops once in ten tries, while calling their CB/raises with top/mid pair every three times, losing horribly against overpairs...

If you get three or more customers, sure.. go for it..

HU or three-way.. you're walking on thin ice :)
    • whaha
      is it advisable to open raise with these hands in late position if everyone has folded before you or should you just limp/fold them as well
    • sw0ldo
      Your line is fine, preflop included.