Crokid Poker soldier

• Crokid
      Crokid
      Bronze
      Hi guys,
      I am Crokid, 27 yrs old, have a degree in economics(hotel management)

What do you play?

From this year NL50 SH fastforward and played a lot of NL25 SH

Poker history?

Found poker by accident in high school when I got my first PC and searched
      for some free games online:) . I played on truepoker I believe for play chips and fell in love with the game. Some time later I started playing freerolls on fulltilt where I scored 2.place(after 100 attempts) from a field of 2700 I think and got $12 which I lost soon after in a ring game.

I liked playing for real money so I was lucky to find pokerstategy for free BR and learning material. For years untill recently I was building my BR from scratch time and time again because I was playing only in the winter and spending almost everything mostly on partying in the summer( I live in island Krk,Croatia) leaving myself always around $100 on partypoker to start over.

So many times I said to myself and others I will not do this next summer,that I will be more responsible, but I repeated it immensely.
      After last summer I started taking poker more serious and finally made some progress. Been playing a lot of NL25 SH multitabling too much and for two months now NL50 fastforward 4-tabling which suits me the best.

Goals and aspirations for poker?

I want to succeed and become the best that I can and this bootcamp came a long at just a perfect time:) My motivation is big and really would like to beat NL100 and NL200 as soon as possible and so on.. From $$ point of view my goal is financial independence.

What do you struggle with?

- leveling myself and overestimating regs and fish

- weak plays in a LOT of spots,not enough agression and sometimes
      too much barelling in wrong spots

- silent,undercover tilt in downswings that makes me call and bluff in some spots that I know is spew but cant help it,dont get angry but it eats me inside even though I know it is plain variance

-not enough session reviewing,dont know really how to organize and take a path in learning and sorting my work away from the tables,dont know how to take full advantage of HEM2 for stats,opponents and many more:(

What do you want to get out of the bootcamp?

I need more discipline and work ethics. So many things to improve and learn that i didnt in the meantime and that's why I need you guys to show me the way. Really really need to do this now because I was afraid of confronting with my weaknesses and just making excuses to myself. No more of that! Time to shine:)

P.S. Sorry for my english and my not well structured post.It is because I have little experience with forums which will change from now on.
  • 27 replies
    • imfromsweden007
      imfromsweden007
      Bronze
      Hello Crokid and welcome to the bootcamp!

Leveling yourself in reg battles is a very common problem, and so is not having enough aggresion in some spots while having too much in others. I think pleno's video that comes out tomorow will help a lot with finding really good spots to show aggresion. I'm not sure I'm qualified to respond regarding the mental part that you write about, especially since I'm not the calmest guy during downswings either, but it sounds like you get very frustrated and call just to prova that he actually had you beat and you're really running bad. I often feel that at least, I would guess it's a pretty human thing to feel.

Feel free to post hands and other session related stuff here and we'll be more than happy to take a look at it!

Oscar
    • sirrybob
      sirrybob
      Coach
      Coach
      Hi Crokid.
      I'm happy that you want to improve and move up.
      I'll try to help you with some of the things you mentioned you struggle with:
      Lets start with this one:

"Weak plays in a lot of spots, too much barreling in wrong spots"

Go to holdem manager 2 filters - in the basic filters, in the bottom right of the screen there is a group of "quick filters". Filter once for "one and done", once for "double barrel", and once for "triple barrel", and post some of the hands you were unsure about or felt badly about your play.

Talking and thinking about these common spots can help you develop a more comprehensive gameplan so that you are much more confident in these spots in the future (which will also cause you to tilt less!)
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hey there Crokid,

I will be happy to help you with your studying problems!

Can you please give me a couple more details about your studying?

1. What does your studying look like at the moment? What do you like about it, what would you like to change?

2. What would you like your studying to look like (best case scenario)?

3. What have you tried in the past to improve your studying? What worked, what didn't?

4. Do you have any favourite studying techniques?

5. Do you have any motivational problems? If yes, have you tried doing anything about them?

Looking forward to working with you!

-Primož
    • ErikStenqvist
      ErikStenqvist
      Global
      - silent,undercover tilt in downswings that makes me call and bluff in some spots that I know is spew but cant help it,dont get angry but it eats me inside even though I know it is plain variance
      Hey Crokid!

My name is Erik and I will be part of the coaching staff focusing on Tilt, A-Game, Mindset, and Lifecoaching. So if you have any questions you can just post them here and let me know in my Q&A thread if i take too long to reply. I'll be trolling around the forums but just so i don't miss anything. :)

So when you say silent undercover tilt? Can you be more specific? The "Mental Game" is the same like pokerstrategy that we need to be break down and gather a ton of information about the issue before we can put work into correcting it. If we don't fully understand the problem we can't fix it so to say. So anything you can do to help me understand what is happening in session that make you tilt, how and where it shows up, and how it affects you emotionally etc would e great help :)

Cheers!
    • Crokid
      Crokid
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $14.00
      SB:
      $47.75
      BB (Hero):
      $66.89
      MP2:
      $54.72
      MP3:
      $66.35
      CO:
      $123.46

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, 9.
      2 folds, CO raises to $1.50, 2 folds, Hero raises to $5.00, CO calls $3.50.

Flop: ($10.25) 5, 6, Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $6.00, CO calls $6.00.

Turn: ($22.25) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $14.50, Hero folds, CO gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $22.25.

Lately i 3bet a lot of this kind of hands and trying out more agg style preflop aswell as postflop. Dont really know which flops to continue and which are best to give up immediately OOP. What would you do in this situation vs. probably a standard NL50 reg. My stats for last 20k hands are 3bet around 8-10% from the blinds,c-bet 53%, flop agg 37%, turn agg 34%, dont have 3bet pot isolated stats.

Villain 20/16 in 1.3k hands
      Calls 3b 33(30)..He calls 3bet vs hero 22(9) what does this mean? That he calls 33% and what is (30)?
      Calls c-bet 52(25) 25??
      POstflop agg 35%
      His turn agg is 36% (98) again dont know what is this 98?

HEM2 seems hard for me so have to learn what is what

Dont know how to find stats just for 3bet pots.In my pop-up it doesn't show, it shows vs. hero stats and some pieces of info for 3bet pots
      Wanted to take screenshots of HEM pop-up to show stats on villain but can not do it,tried with free screen recorder but pop-up disappiers before I capture it.Can you tell me how to do that?

p.s. This is only one hand and I know it is not enough but from friday I will have finally more time and will dig into all of that so you can help me. Thank you so much:)
    • Crokid
      Crokid
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Schnitzelfisch
      Hey there Crokid,

1. What does your studying look like at the moment? What do you like about it, what would you like to change?

3. What have you tried in the past to improve your studying? What worked, what didn't?

5. Do you have any motivational problems? If yes, have you tried doing anything about them?

-Primož
      1. My studying atm is just watching videos here on PS. I dont do my home work and analyses of my game or my opp. In the past I was reviewing my hands a lot more and was searching for leaks and problems in my game. I dont like my current studying and would like to structure it in some way but dont know how to start and then I loose myself without any real direction.

2. I would like to do session reviews daily and hands reviews.Post hands here on blog and talk to experts like you to give me pointers and put me on the right path. Maybe you could give some kind of daily/weekly plan to stick to? From friday I am free to do as much as I can to learn and put into practice new habits to make me a student of the game.

3. I never learned the "right" way of learning. In school and college I was always doing things at the last minute and never found or really tried to change those bad habits in poker aswell.

4. What do you mean? Like watching stuff,reading or listening? If it is that then videos prob. the most.

5. Definitely had them in past. Huge downswings which I experienced have done the most damage to my motivation for learning and playing and then I took long pauses in playing( months). That was 2-3 years ago. Now I think I dont have any motivational problems and am eager to digg in. Untill recently I was always running away from the problems,hiding from the truth and wasnt doing anything about it. That I want to change with your help and others here in bootcamp.

Thank you Primož,
      Marin
    • Crokid
      Crokid
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ErikStenqvist
      Hey Crokid!

My name is Erik and I will be part of the coaching staff focusing on Tilt, A-Game, Mindset, and Lifecoaching. So if you have any questions you can just post them here and let me know in my Q&A thread if i take too long to reply. I'll be trolling around the forums but just so i don't miss anything. :)

So when you say silent undercover tilt? Can you be more specific? The "Mental Game" is the same like pokerstrategy that we need to be break down and gather a ton of information about the issue before we can put work into correcting it. If we don't fully understand the problem we can't fix it so to say. So anything you can do to help me understand what is happening in session that make you tilt, how and where it shows up, and how it affects you emotionally etc would e great help :)

Cheers!

Any questions about the mental side of poker? Just fire away!
      Email: Info@ErikStenqvist.com
      Hi, Erik

Hmm, I think I dont tilt in an angry way anymore. Rarely do I see myself being mad about some bad beat but I do get mad at myself a lot when making mistakes in hands. Dont know if I expect too much from myself maybe. Bad beats and variance dont get to me at once but it adds up in me. Lets say I have 1 bad day and loose 5buy-ins. I am ok with it. Second day if I start loosing again as long as I play good I dont mind.But then it slowly grows in me that bad feeling and then it shows up the 3. or 4. day if something goes wrong again. I mean like a lot of setup-s or beats or both.Then I dont visibly tilt but I feel so bad,just sad and down.I am emotional person but look at poker from a rational point of view, but anyway sometimes it gets to me.
    • ErikStenqvist
      ErikStenqvist
      Global

Hmm, I think I dont tilt in an angry way anymore.
      then it shows up the 3. or 4. day if something goes wrong again.I am emotional person but look at poker from a rational point of view, but anyway sometimes it gets to me.
      Seems like you things under control to a large extent. Do you have a Warm -up and Cool-down routine before and after you play?

Why do you think you get so upset at making mistakes? Try to elaborate a bit if you can :)

Nice work so far!
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Crokid
      Hey there Crokid,

-Primož
      1. My studying atm is just watching videos here on PS. I dont do my home work and analyses of my game or my opp. In the past I was reviewing my hands a lot more and was searching for leaks and problems in my game. I dont like my current studying and would like to structure it in some way but dont know how to start and then I loose myself without any real direction.

2. I would like to do session reviews daily and hands reviews.Post hands here on blog and talk to experts like you to give me pointers and put me on the right path. Maybe you could give some kind of daily/weekly plan to stick to? From friday I am free to do as much as I can to learn and put into practice new habits to make me a student of the game.

3. I never learned the "right" way of learning. In school and college I was always doing things at the last minute and never found or really tried to change those bad habits in poker aswell.

4. What do you mean? Like watching stuff,reading or listening? If it is that then videos prob. the most.

5. Definitely had them in past. Huge downswings which I experienced have done the most damage to my motivation for learning and playing and then I took long pauses in playing( months). That was 2-3 years ago. Now I think I dont have any motivational problems and am eager to digg in. Untill recently I was always running away from the problems,hiding from the truth and wasnt doing anything about it. That I want to change with your help and others here in bootcamp.

Thank you Primož,
      Marin
      Hey again!

Friday is tomorrow, so let's try to make a plan that will work for you :) . I like your attitude as well, so let's get you started right away.

I don't think we should complicate things too much at this point, by far the most important thing that we need to do right now is to establish daily studying habits. Once we do that, it'll be fairly easy to increase the amount of it and get into more advanced studying techniques.

You can start by getting a notebook which you will use for writing down your leaks.

The next step would be to do a session review daily. Let's say that you need to review a minimum of 5 hands daily, but you are of course free to do more than that. The main important thing is to really review at least 5 of them every single day. If you manage to do that, you can increase the goal next week to a couple more hands a day.

Other than that, it's really important that you write down your leaks into your leaks notebook once you've identified them (if you made a mistake, write it down in your notebook. Always!).

You can mark mistakes regarding to their importance (highlighters, underlining, etc.), and find solutions to them (often you will find the solutions in the hand evaluation section or in the bootcamp). Once you know your leaks and solutions for them, you can simply work on fixing your current biggest leak during the next session. Once you've fixed the leak (don't make mistakes anymore), mark it as fixed and move on to the next biggest leak. Some leaks might take 1 session to fix, some might take 10. Try to be really honest with yourself here and really only move on to the next leak once you've fixed the current one.

How does that sound?

-Primož
    • Crokid
      Crokid
      Bronze
      Originally posted by imfromsweden007
      Hello Crokid and welcome to the bootcamp!

Leveling yourself in reg battles is a very common problem, and so is not having enough aggresion in some spots while having too much in others. I think pleno's video that comes out tomorow will help a lot with finding really good spots to show aggresion. I'm not sure I'm qualified to respond regarding the mental part that you write about, especially since I'm not the calmest guy during downswings either, but it sounds like you get very frustrated and call just to prova that he actually had you beat and you're really running bad. I often feel that at least, I would guess it's a pretty human thing to feel.

Feel free to post hands and other session related stuff here and we'll be more than happy to take a look at it!

Oscar
      Thanks Oscar:)
      Pleno's video really made a difference for me. Made me realize there is so many options to think about when in difficult spots like oop in 3bet pots with air. Yeah, like you said I turn into Negreanu and call it off even tho I know I am behind..Some weird/sick way to prove to myself that I made a good call on the flop when I was in front but board ran in a bad way and I couldnt let my hand go because of tilt/ds.. No more of that!! Hopefully becoming mentaly stronger and with your help and from the whole bootcamp pro staff. Hands where I made mistakes big or small will come and your advice will be well appreciated.
      Love what Patrick and You are doing for us players and admire you both!
      So happy to have that kind of support here on PS(bootcamp) :)
    • Crokid
      Crokid
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ErikStenqvist

Seems like you things under control to a large extent. Do you have a Warm -up and Cool-down routine before and after you play?

Why do you think you get so upset at making mistakes? Try to elaborate a bit if you can :)

Nice work so far!
      Thank you:) Maybe I do but nevertheless I feel like I am far from my desired mental state when in downswings or when I'm not playing optimally.
      Dont have a warm up routine sadly. Would like to have one. Please suggest me some. Cool-down routine also needed:)

I think because I still make so many beginner mistakes that I dont find reason why.It is weird, hard to put it in words. Expectations are too big maybe. Maybe I just put myself under too big of a pressure to perform in a way that is still not manageable. I want to get "there" asap. What do you think? Sometimes I have a good understanding of the game and opponents but I didn't take the proper way and education. That's way now is the time to go "back to school" and go through it all once more but this time in a detailed and "working" way. Been focusing too much on playing for too long . Hope I managed to open myself enough for you to give a proper diagnose.

Thanks so much for helping,
      Marin
    • Crokid
      Crokid
      Bronze

Hey again!

Friday is tomorrow, so let's try to make a plan that will work for you :) . I like your attitude as well, so let's get you started right away.

I don't think we should complicate things too much at this point, by far the most important thing that we need to do right now is to establish daily studying habits. Once we do that, it'll be fairly easy to increase the amount of it and get into more advanced studying techniques.

You can start by getting a notebook which you will use for writing down your leaks.

The next step would be to do a session review daily. Let's say that you need to review a minimum of 5 hands daily, but you are of course free to do more than that. The main important thing is to really review at least 5 of them every single day. If you manage to do that, you can increase the goal next week to a couple more hands a day.

Other than that, it's really important that you write down your leaks into your leaks notebook once you've identified them (if you made a mistake, write it down in your notebook. Always!).

You can mark mistakes regarding to their importance (highlighters, underlining, etc.), and find solutions to them (often you will find the solutions in the hand evaluation section or in the bootcamp). Once you know your leaks and solutions for them, you can simply work on fixing your current biggest leak during the next session. Once you've fixed the leak (don't make mistakes anymore), mark it as fixed and move on to the next biggest leak. Some leaks might take 1 session to fix, some might take 10. Try to be really honest with yourself here and really only move on to the next leak once you've fixed the current one.

How does that sound?

-Primož
      Great:) Lets do this!
      I already bought a little notebook for this purpose:) (seen it in your video)
      Ok, I will start today with that, at least 5 hands and will write my leaks in there aswell. Then probably post hands which correlate to that leak to get some opinions and solutions to my problem.
      My pre and postflop stats(OPR ranges) are not as I would like them to be so could start with that maybe.

This sounds nice:)
      So glad to have you in my corner Primož.
      Marin
    • Crokid
      Crokid
      Bronze
      Here are my position stats from Partypoker fastforward, few days ago I moved to WH and will post those when I have a bigger sample.

• Crokid
      Crokid
      Bronze
      Sorry, this time got it wright hopefully:)

• Crokid
      Crokid
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sirrybob
      Hi Crokid.
      I'm happy that you want to improve and move up.
      I'll try to help you with some of the things you mentioned you struggle with:
      Lets start with this one:

"Weak plays in a lot of spots, too much barreling in wrong spots"

Go to holdem manager 2 filters - in the basic filters, in the bottom right of the screen there is a group of "quick filters". Filter once for "one and done", once for "double barrel", and once for "triple barrel", and post some of the hands you were unsure about or felt badly about your play.

Talking and thinking about these common spots can help you develop a more comprehensive game plan so that you are much more confident in these spots in the future (which will also cause you to tilt less!)
      Hi sirrybob,
      here are some examples and some of my numbers.
      Are my screenshots of any value?
      What else could I post to be valuable?
      Looking forward to here some thoughts and opinions.

In one and done filter I found to be losing a lot of money which was not a surprise because I know that it is my leak.I don't give up immediately when I should or don't choose the right spots to barrel two or even three times.

Play hand

Known players:
      BU:
      $64.88
      SB (Hero):
      $93.53
      BB:
      $22.32
      MP2:
      $102.34
      MP3:
      $106.96
      CO:
      $55.09

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, Q.
      MP2 raises to $1.50, MP3 calls $1.50, 2 folds, Hero raises to $7.50, 2 folds, MP3 calls $6.00.

Flop: ($17) 7, K, 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $10.00, MP3 calls $10.00.

Turn: ($37) A (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $22.00, Hero folds, MP3 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $37.

Villain stats

How do you proceed on this flop? What's your plan? I didn't have one in this hand obv. What is villain's range with this line pre and postflop?
      Not sure what is best line for hero..

Play hand

Known players:
      BU:
      $44.30
      SB (Hero):
      $64.89
      BB:
      $40.32
      MP2:
      $83.61
      MP3:
      $142.33
      CO:
      $88.96

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, A.
      3 folds, BU raises to $1.50, Hero raises to $5.00, BB folds, BU calls $3.50.

Flop: ($10.5) 8, K, 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $6.00, BU calls $6.00.

Turn: ($22.5) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $10.00, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $22.5.

Villain
      [SPOILER] [/SPOILER

Against LAG-s I tend to 3bet this hand in SB vs BU open. What do you think about that? On this kind of flops I usually get a lot of folds so I cbet. Turn??

Double barrel makes me money,maybe some advices here because I don't know if these numbers are ok,good or bad.

Triple barrel,what can be concluded from this numbers?

Play hand

Known players:
      BU:
      $46.24
      SB:
      $50.00
      BB (Hero):
      $81.96
      MP2:
      $21.79
      MP3:
      $53.82
      CO:
      $45.25

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4, A.
      3 folds, BU raises to $1.00, SB folds, Hero raises to $3.50, BU calls $2.50.

Flop: ($7.25) J, 9, 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.00, BU calls $4.00.

Turn: ($15.25) T (2 players)
      Hero bets $10.00, BU calls $10.00.

River: ($35.25) 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $33.49, BU calls $28.74.

Final Pot: $97.48.
      Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of fours(4 A).
      BU shows a straight, king high(Q K).

Hero wins with a pair of fours(4 A).
      BU wins with a straight, king high(Q K).

Villain is unknown, only 64 hands playing fishy 40/23
      Folds to cbet 29(7), folds ott 0(3) and river 0(2)
      Turn agg 63%(16), Turn cbet 75(4)

Is it better to ch/c turn? What amount would you call when he bets?
      River play? Now when I see this hand in retrospective I think it is maybe better to ch/c turn and re-evaluate. Your opinion?

Play hand

Known players:
      BU:
      $73.31
      SB:
      $50.75
      BB (Hero):
      $75.03
      MP2:
      $71.16
      MP3:
      $72.69
      CO:
      $45.92

Preflop: Hero is BB with T, Q.
      3 folds, BU raises to $1.50, SB folds, Hero raises to $4.50, BU calls $3.00.

Flop: ($9.25) 9, J, 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.39, BU calls $4.39.

Turn: ($18.03) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $10.50, BU calls $10.50.

River: ($39.03) 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $25.50, BU calls $25.50.

Final Pot: $90.03.
      Results follow:

Hero shows high card ace(T Q).
      BU shows a pair of jacks(K J).

BU wins with a pair of jacks(K J).

Villain stats
    • Pumper247
      Pumper247
      Bronze
      Hi , here my( fish) opinions. Hope also to get more opinions on these interesting hands.

Hand 1: I take the same line. He can have AK and TT,JJ probably fold pre or OTF.

Hand 2: Villain stats doesnt work. If stacks were ~$55 i would go for the 3barrel on non-spade River and hope he folds JJ-99,8x,77 . With $45 stacks maybe bet Turn $9 and shove River. Not sure if he can fold a pair.

Hand 3: Dont like preflop unless he has a high ft3bet. I dont think youve much FE OTT. So i would hope for a free River or cheap Turn c/c.

Hand 4: I fold preflop cause he doest fold vs 3bets . As played I bomb OTT to make him fold Jx etc.

gl
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      [quote]Originally posted by Crokid
      Sorry, this time got it wright hopefully:)

[/quote

alrighttttyyy

I think you are just generally playing tooo, too, toooooo tight :)

Except rom EP, which is good, you are playing too nitty from each position, we should be stealing WAY wider. What I've seen in the bootcamp is we ask somebody to post their 16% range from MP and they end up posting a 23% range.

Lets be honest with ourselves here and post your ranges in equilab, from MP/CO/BTN and lets discuss all of them.

Your 3bet from CO/BTN is also way too low meaning that your overall vpip/pfr will be too little.
    • Crokid
      Crokid
      Bronze
      alrighttttyyy

I think you are just generally playing tooo, too, toooooo tight :)

Except rom EP, which is good, you are playing too nitty from each position, we should be stealing WAY wider. What I've seen in the bootcamp is we ask somebody to post their 16% range from MP and they end up posting a 23% range.

Lets be honest with ourselves here and post your ranges in equilab, from MP/CO/BTN and lets discuss all of them.

Your 3bet from CO/BTN is also way too low meaning that your overall vpip/pfr will be too little.[/quote]Hi :)
      I know I've been playing pretty nitty on partypoker but that was my style for a long time:) . I am trying slowly to add more hands. Only now after your wednesday live coachings I have been trying to put more aggression in my game pre and post flop.
      It helped me and put me in the right path for learning how to exploit different situations. I think I am not so weak in many spots now because I was just horrible some time ago and only played fish and avoided regs as much as I could.

Now I play on WH and been playing more aggro style and it pays of. I think that it is not as crazy like partypoker and people can find their fold button and the regs are more aggro preflop but can be outplayed with your advices from the live coachings. You opened my eyes in so many spots and my red line is now in the + or around 0. Before it was going down to the ground.

I will post a graph from WH and stats so you and others can see how your live coachings gave some good effect:)

I don't have some strict ranges but more or less, depending on the table I open similar ranges.

Would you recommend me the PS SH standard chart or something more wide? Do you want me to post screenshots from the equilab from postions?

Thanks pleno1 for your help,
      Marin
    • Crokid
      Crokid
      Bronze
      This are my ranges when I started playing on WH speed tables NL50
      They are not fixed, sometimes I open more wide and sometimes lower,depending on the stats I have on my opp.

UTG open raising range

MP open raising range

CO open raising range

BTN open raising range