things to fix in my games

• Njord41
      Njord41
      Bronze
      2 big problems for me , how to react to a miniraise late in a sng , take that as a limp or a raise?

AND

Action on the river, i got hard time foldin to those raise on the river tho i know i m beat most of the time /
  • 4 replies
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      The meaning of minraises differ some people use it so trap hoping too get reraised other people use it for cheap pot stealing. The best thing I think is too first give you're opponent respect for the raise but if he often minraises it is probably not strenght. If you got to see his cards and figured out what his minraise means make a note of this.

What is the limit you're playing btw?

About the times you're beat. What for situations do you mean by this could you maybe give some exaples so that I can figure out for you what the best move is.
    • Optroot
      Optroot
      Bronze
      how to react to a miniraise late in a sng

If you have seen them push other hands, I wouldn't give them that much credit, especially if the raise if from the CO or BU.

I wouldn't tighten my pushing range that much because they give themselves odds to call with crappy hands. You must remember though even though they are stealing you can't push any two hoping that they fold.

There are too many variables to give you a range, but I'd say have a hand where you would be fine with being called, and you know they can call with worse hands.

If you know the player is tricky, especially if you've seen this line before, then you can tend to the appropriate range.

i got hard time foldin to those raise on the river tho i know i m beat most of the time

Easy problem to fix. Only bet hands where you know you have the best hand, always check behind if you arn't sure.
    • Njord41
      Njord41
      Bronze
      I m playing in 6$ sng , hoping to go up to 11$ pretty soon , my bankroll is at 540 or so.
      I think most of the time they stealing blind with their miniraise, but can never be sure they not trapping. So i guess callin the raise is a good enough option and reevaluate on flop?
    • Njord41
      Njord41
      Bronze
      O and thanks for the replies hehe :D

About the river raise, i think it s more a psychological thing, whatever the hand is, it s hard for me to fold on the river.I know that i can t call an all in raise with set with a flush card on river , but i still do ..