[NL2-NL10] Nl10 KK Flush Draw

• PriscoInline
      PriscoInline
      Bronze
      Villain was unknown, it was a Zoom table.
      I had no clue what to do after my CBet got raised, and I'm pretty sure I should have folded in turn.

IPoker, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $8.61 (86.1 bb)
      BB: $4.15 (41.5 bb)
      Hero (MP): $10.81 (108.1 bb)
      CO: $10.16 (101.6 bb)
      BTN: $15.99 (159.9 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K K
      Hero raises to $0.30, 2 folds, SB calls $0.25, BB folds

Flop: ($0.70) J 2 6 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.52, SB raises to $1.50, Hero calls $0.98

Turn: ($3.70) Q (2 players)
      SB bets $2.77, Hero calls $2.77

River: ($9.24) J (2 players)
      SB bets $4.04 and is all-in, Hero folds

Results:
      $9.24 pot ($0.61 rake)
      Final Board: J 2 6 Q J
      SB mucked and won $8.63 ($4.06 net)
      Hero mucked K K and lost (-$4.57 net)
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Prisco,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: Flop cbet versus potentially fishy guy can be larger (he only has 86 BB).

Why did we fold that river after calling flop and turn and draw missing out? If you were ahead on the flop/turn you are ahead on the river. I doubt he raises Jx and bets turn that big on the Q.

I would most likely fold the turn against an unknown given his bet size and the card that came down. If we do continue we either ship the turn versus his semibluffs or call the turn and river.

As a side note, when you leave a reply, don't forget to hit the "advise judge to take another look button".

Best regards,

Bogdan
    • PriscoInline
      PriscoInline
      Bronze
      First of all thanks for taking the time.
      I realize my fold in river was bad, but I regret calling turn instead of either shipping or folding. At the time I was certain I was beat and just wanted to save the last couple dollars.
      If a spade hit, should I consider it good, since I made the second nut flush, or bad, since he could have an ace of spades himself? After some tought, I would definitely shove turn, even more if I can consider my flush draw good.
    • Desultory
      Desultory
      Basic
      Flop is a call. If he is a recreational player he might be like blocker raising TP type stuff. BUTT, they usually raise smaller, so suggesting another uncomprehendable option for most players; fold flop is fine by me.

Fold turn is also fine by me. At higher limits I think its a definite fold. At lower limits, I'm never sure if players spaz out and barrel barrel barrel with complete bluffs often enough to call again. Just given turn sizing, it would surprise me if he has air now. So therefore I think shoving turn is bad. Worse than call/fold actually.

If a spade other than As hits, and he bets again its awkward, as he might check all his sets that maybe raise flop and might check his lower flushes, facing a bet purely from Nut flush draws. Again, probably uncomprehendable by everyone but I think you should hero fold 2nd nut flush draw facing this line vs an unknown.