[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL 50 Aks 3bp

• DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $50.84 (101.7 bb)
      SB: $92.20 (184.4 bb)
      Hero (BB): $52.25 (104.5 bb)
      MP: $58.43 (116.9 bb)
      CO: $50.17 (100.3 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K A
      3 folds, SB raises to $1.25, Hero raises to $5.50, SB calls $4.25

Flop: ($11) 6 8 2 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($11) 7 (2 players)
      SB bets $7, Hero calls $7

River: ($25) 3 (2 players)
      SB bets $16, Hero calls $16

Results:
      $57 pot ($2 rake)
      Final Board: 6 8 2 7 3
      SB showed 5 6 and won $55 ($26.50 net)
      Hero mucked K A and lost (-$28.50 net)

Guy was calling 3bet SB a cool 56

With a flop Fcbet in 3bp of 52 is it better to take the immediate profit from making a good chunk of his range fold here?

Thinking if it should be a bet/fold or a bet/shove I incline towards a bet/ shove because I am a fav against his draws, only crushed by his sets, and mostly flipping with the rest.
  • 3 replies
    • Desultory
      Desultory
      Basic
      Cbetting flop is fine. He isn't the raisy type and he is definitely folding enough even though you mostly fold him out of stuff you dominate.

I prefer cbetting flop because we don't know what he will vmcb turn with and we don't know what he will barrel river with. I might check back with plans of calling 2 vs guys I have good notes on, but otherwise I think cbet is better.

What is your 3bet% because what he perceives of you will relate to his raise flop range.
      I don't think bet shove will be very good vs this player unless you 3bet a lot and have history messing with him.

I would cbet with intentions of bet folding.

As played, he has a low vmcb, so we are unsure if he is bluffing enough to call turn. Therefore it just becomes awkward. folding turn would be fine. Calling turn and calling river might be ok & calling turn and folding river might be ok. But I hate being in situations where I am completely unsure so i cbet or I check give up vs him. Cbet seems better given our flop equity vs his calling range.
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Hey,

My overall 3bet is 9%, vs SB it's 15 to 20%.

What does vmcb mean?
    • Desultory
      Desultory
      Basic
      vmcb = Bet Vs missed continuation bet. Sorry I use my own shorthand sometimes and forget it isn't commonly used.

15%-20% is high but I'm not sure players look at specific 3bet from positions so he is probably only seeing your 9%. 9% is fairly normal and given this new information, I stand by my original statement.