• ilidek
      MP: $33.49 (134 bb)
      CO: $29.30 (117.2 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $25.62 (102.5 bb)
      SB: $25 (100 bb)
      BB: $20.95 (83.8 bb)
      UTG: $25 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with J :heart: A :diamond:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, SB folds, BB raises to $1.75, Hero calls $1

Flop: ($3.60) J :spade: 4 :club: 5 :club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $2.30, BB raises to $4.60, Hero raises to $23.87 and is all-in, BB calls $14.60 and is all-in

It's not my hand. I've saw it on Polish community

that's range they gave this fish:
      Board: J :spade: 4 :club: 5 :club:
      Equity Win Tie
      MP2 46.69% 35.34% 11.35% { AdJh }
      MP3 53.31% 41.96% 11.35% { AA, JJ, 55, AJs, KJs, AcKc, AcQc, KcQc, JcTc, AJo, KJo }

that's my range:

Stół: J:spade: 4:club: 5:club:
             Equity  Wygrana  Podział
      MP2    20.68%   20.51%    0.17% { AdJh }
      MP3    79.32%   79.14%    0.17% { QQ+, AcKc }

Why I don’t like first range?

Min 3b on the flop = nutz range usually KK and AA, less often QQ and AK rarely total crap because fish like to min 3bet some regs, some regs play bery straightforward and fish exploit them. Yeah I believe fish are smart in some ways. They don’t understand a lot of things but they still have some pretty nice ideas.

On that Flop I would probably xb c and decide river (probably fold). Some fish tend to valu bet pretty low so I don’t mind call two 50% < bets.

As played fish don’t play crap like that. With crap they would jam flop. He don’t want to scare me away, he play x/min raise as pfr. He did min 3bet preflop it’s look like fish gameplan to gain value from AA / KK for me. I still think I was optimistic with those QQ and AcKc. What do you think about it?

I just want to know your opinion because there is possibility that I am wrong
  • 3 replies
    • mbml

From my own experience i think there are two types of min3betting fish.

The first type does it with the nuts and he has a trapping mentality. He plays passively and makes small raises to lure u in. The second type just 3bets a wide range of hands cos he just loves taking the betting lead and being aggro. I think there are more fishes who fall in the first category.

I agree with check flop call turn and probably calling river unless river is bad or bet is really big.

• ilidek
      Thanks a lot. I asked guy who put this hand what did fish had AA or KK and he said KK. I don’t want to be results oriented here that’s why I asked you. I have less experience but I also find out that a lot of fish play line mini 3bet preflop. On the flop they bet 1bb or x and on the Turn PSB + River PSB. Ofc there are some agro fish who did it with trash but without reads I think it’s more safe to assume that he’s number one kind of player.

What do you think about idea of:
      1) calling this once on Js4c5c6c / Js4c5c3c and folding on blank on the river
      2) Calling this twice on the Js4c5c6d / Js4c5c3d and folding on blank on the river
      3) calling this once on Js4c5c blank Turn and folding on K river
      4) calling it twice on two blanks
    • mbml
      I think u can just call down 2 streets on turn and river unless K/Q/2 consecutive clubs fall. May also consider folding river if he bets pot or more.

Other than that vs regular betsizes its probably alright to call down. Here we are mostly taking into account what the average fish's average range looks like here, compared with our pot odds. And kt seems that AJ is probably good enough to play for two streets. Sometimes we have the best jack, somwtimes he bluffs, sometimes he traps.