This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] A4s oop nl 25 sh

• dzikson999
      dzikson999
      Bronze
      PokerStars - $0.25 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

CO: $30.99
      BTN: $34.88
      Hero (SB): $44.37
      BB: $29.55
      UTG: $10.00

Hero posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero has 4:spade: A:spade:

fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.50, Hero calls $0.40, fold

Flop: ($1.25, 2 players) J:spade: 3:diamond: 4:club:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.60, Hero calls $0.60

Turn: ($2.45, 2 players) A:diamond:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $1.40, Hero raises to $3.75, fold

Villain is agro reg 22/19 ag f 3.4 high 3 bet and 4 bet frq
      We had history in few tables getting into 3 bet end 4 bet wars over each other so he ajusted his btn opening to 2 bb and started to call alot so i knew if i 3 bet this midiocre hand he would 90% off time call so i went for compit with ok odds but oop. Is it higher ev just to ch/c cause my percived sb flating range is very weak on A xx boards so he might bluff alot . Is my turn ch/r over play or ok move ? What alternative lines i can use here ( smthng like donig or..) ?!
  • 1 reply
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey dzikson999,

Preflop call is fine, especially if you don't feel you can 3bet bluff profitably.

Flop maybe a spot to donk-bet for protection + semi-bluff. Check calling is fine, you are ahead of villain's range, but it may be a little tricky to play OOP on a lot of turn cards, since most are bad for you. The advantage of donking is you may take the pot down + you can also second barrel any spade, A, 4 etc.

Turn check-raise just looks absurdly strong. I can't see you getting paid off by a lot of worse hands. I'd just check call, then depending on villains river aggression + history, either donk river or check river and let villain fire.