This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] #15 KK nl20

• ilidek
      ilidek
      Bronze
      Hero (BB): $20 (100 bb)
      MP: $29.73 (148.7 bb)
      CO: $16.55 (82.8 bb)
      BTN: $20 (100 bb)
      SB: $11.10 (55.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:club: K:spade:
      MP folds, CO raises to $0.60, 2 folds, Hero raises to $2, CO calls $1.40

Flop: ($4.10) T:spade: A:spade: 2:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $2, Hero calls $2

Turn: ($8.10) 2:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($8.10) 9:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $2, Hero calls $2

I don't see any value in cbeting here. Vs 3/4 + bet size on the River I would probably fold
  • 5 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

I agree with checking flop, especially vs a fish and i think they just tend to make way more mistakes vs flop checks. And my default plan would be to call 2 streets regardless of whether he bsts F and T or F and R.

I think fish are way more likely to bluff with the bet check bet line and they also bluff way more often with small bets. We are def good 17% of the time or more on the river so easy check call.

Nice hand.
    • ilidek
      ilidek
      Bronze
      Oh I’ve always thought that bet x bet line is for value. You’re saying that it’s line for value from regs but I shouldn’t give too much credit on that play vs fish (I mean fish with higher Ag: than 1 and AF% than 33%)
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Yea fishes do not plan out the entire hand.

They bet flop cos they wanna stab and they check turn to give up. If u check river again they will just assume u are extremwly weak and may try to bluff again.
    • ilidek
      ilidek
      Bronze
      Damn! That's why I saw them betting PSB w/ some trash hands. I always thought wtf is going on here when I saw hand like K7o donking checking and beting again on board Q4Q9r3.

Vs most regs I can assume it’s value line from weak Top pair or PP lower than TP eg. JJ on Q55 board.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Yea for regs they realize that this line often gefs looked up lighter which os why they dont use it so often as a bluff. But the stronger plauers will definitely be capable of mixing in the appropriate number of bluffs.