Unlucky when Shortstacker

• Agiz19
      Agiz19
      Bronze
      I have noticed every time I play shortstack i get beaten on marginal hand players all the time. Always someone has something better than me showing me KJo,K4o,Q4s,A3o,A2o,T5o,better pockets or even lower pockets gets them set or FH or straights....I play hands theoreticly right, but in the end i always end up with nothing.

Had some I would say a streak of good luck in june, but now from then every thing goes wrong it is almost a month past that and the story is still the same.

I do not know what but obviously Partys RNG does not like me any more...my AK,AQ,AA,KK,QQ,JJ has become trash on every try and it seems like all the players knows what I hold...Even if I hit something i get beaten till showdown 80% of the time.

I can't imagine how could I build my bankroll if that is happening for more than a month now. I am not tilting and not going on one, no matter what, the variance is hitting me all the time i suppose to -

I would play bigstack as I did for some time things were so much diffrent. I have hit my cards 60% of the time or maybe some less. And now my green numbers in elephant turned to red and a lot down. Gladfully I cashed out my winnings in june but from then on everything is going down...Climing up the limits started to seem impossible...Multiway pots, fish getting lucky all the time, rocks hit they marginal steal raise 90% of the time...And me in between those situations is the bigest loser.

I am not saying that party is rigged because it seems unreal to me and RNG supposed to be one of the best on the market.

My all ins as SS player are worhless because I always get a caller or even more and then they are checking themselves and I watch the S*** is happening when they hit their trash on river...

So please give some advice on that kind of situation. How to deal with that kind of stuff.

I have to write this, it makes me feel easier.

Thank You for reading!

• 6 replies
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      Hey Agiz!

May I ask what limits u are playing SSS on?
    • Agiz19
      Agiz19
      Bronze
      NL100 occasionally NL200
    • bah22
      bah22
      Coach
      Coach
      Hi! I have had the same problem from the beggining of July. I just deposited money in FT and was doing fine...i doubled up my bankroll(with some portion of bonuses) and then it started...steady -2.5BB/100 for a 2 weeks. My bankroll was a little bit more than i deposit cause of a first deposit bonus. Then i said to myself...f... it. I withdraw the amount i deposited and started playing MTT since i finished Dan Harringtons' books. Right now i play only MTTs on FT and Mansion and doing pretty well. For now i am thinking to play tourney and improve my game there cause this is the place where you want to be good at imo.
      I think when you feel it unlucky and disapointed to stop and try to improve your game or try something else.
      Hopefully your downswing will end soon! GL
      PS. I was playing NL100 SSS too :)
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      At the beginning I felt just like you (I moved bankroll away from Party and started to play from NL50 SSS then deposited more and played NL100). Always opponents get lucky, but that's just variance, nothing more to say. In the end you should be the winning player. You may take a break or play some other variance or strategy in the meantime until the downswing will go over.

Best of luck!
    • TimothyVdp1
      TimothyVdp1
      Bronze
      SSS NL100 at full tilt is not easy that's for sure :)
      u use advanced charts and a hud?absolutely necessary imo :)
      In the end I had a winrate of .5bb/100 hands over 20k hands but it was going up since in the beginning I didn't adjust enough :)
    • Agiz19
      Agiz19
      Bronze
      Where do you play timothy? I have the hud and stats.Otherwise i think NL100 is a wonderfull limit:)