This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25sh KQo BB vs SB, flop NFD, 4bet all in

• member001
      member001
      Bronze
      Full Tilt, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, Rush, 6 Players

UTG: $25 (100 bb)
      MP: $23.63 (94.5 bb)
      CO: $57.04 (228.2 bb)
      BTN: $28.19 (112.8 bb)
      SB: $25 (100 bb) unknown
      Hero (BB): $26.12 (104.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q K
      4 folds, SB raises to $0.87, Hero calls $0.62

Flop: ($1.74) 5 A 4 (2 players)
      SB bets $1.21, Hero raises to $3.20, SB raises to $6.50, Hero raises to $25.25 and is all-in

Preflop: I am a bit wary that he opens 3.5x. Could be a strong hand, or could want to maximise fold equity out of position. I decide that call is fine and that 3b would just fold out worse and isolate me against better.

Flop: with my NFD I have approx 37% equity against top pair (if I see both streets). Villain's 3bet is quite small, so one option is to call and hope to hit. This is horrible on a blank turn though, and I probably will not get paid much if the obvious 4-flush arrives. On the other hand, a shove only makes sense if I think I have some fold equity. Do we think that villain can sometimes 3bet/fold this flop? His 3bet size seems strangely small for protection (maybe he thinks I am bluff-raising a scary board and he is trying a cheap rebluff?) and leaves him room to fold, so I decided to shove.
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

I dont like raising this nut flush draw unless u are willing to shove over a 3bet. And that requires very aggressive flop dynamics (with u bluff raising a ton and villain playing back a lot vs u).

Villain's value range is mostly sets and flushes and u have way less rhan 35% equity vs such a range.

I prefer calling and we always have the option of double floating and bluffing river. I would slowplayany of my stronger flushes and sets some of the time too so i think we can stil rep a ton of monsters.