[VIDEO] Pleno1 - 200nl Zoom

• 36 replies
    • jachis
      jachis
      Bronze
      About the KJo 4bet bluff hand 43:00

Do you think villain peels flop with any backdoor draw? He only needs 13% equity with that betsize. Also if he has 78s, 98s he can also have T9s or is it more likely he calls that IP?
      Dont you think that by betting bigger on flop, shoving turn would give you more FE against these random floats? I dont think he could call turn shove with 87s which he actualy would definitely not float to a bigger flop bet. Then his turn range is mostly Ax, maybe some broadways and some slowplayed nut hands.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Yeah, the KJo hand is probably the only hand that I would have played differently if given a chance.

Thanks that you watched at least 43 minutes :)

I can't remember exact stack sizes, but if I had less than a pot size bet then I think shoving turn is good. If I don;t have pot size then I think betting bigger on the turn for SPR reasons is good too.
    • yes100
      yes100
      Bronze
      Nice video! Really liked that you talked about how you'd play other parts of your range; what you would do if villian does xyz, thats something I often miss with other coaches.

Anyway I have 2 questions.

1. You said you'd cbet very small in 3bet Pots. Whould you in general play bet the turn with a size which allows you to shove the river with less than PS left or just bet around ~40% PS all streets?

2. Min 37:50 you say you'd call KQo vs 3bet OOP ~120BB effective. Pretty surprising to me as I would always 4bet and try to avoid calling OOP.
      What other hands whould you call here? Do you also have a (similar) calling range vs 3bets OOP 100BB effective as your general gameplan?
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by yes100
      Nice video! Really liked that you talked about how you'd play other parts of your range; what you would do if villian does xyz, thats something I often miss with other coaches.

Anyway I have 2 questions.

1. You said you'd cbet very small in 3bet Pots. Whould you in general play bet the turn with a size which allows you to shove the river with less than PS left or just bet around ~40% PS all streets?

2. Min 37:50 you say you'd call KQo vs 3bet OOP ~120BB effective. Pretty surprising to me as I would always 4bet and try to avoid calling OOP.
      What other hands whould you call here? Do you also have a (similar) calling range vs 3bets OOP 100BB effective as your general gameplan?
      Hey,

Thanks for the nice words <3

1) It depends on stack sizes, for a long, long time I always went with the bet flop/shove turn. I found that people were folding a lot on the flop, so I tried smaller sizings and their frequencies still stayed high re:fold, if they do increase their calling frequencies on the flop, then it means they are floating wider and we can even c/shove turn with gutshots/overs as well. Often vs bad regs at 50/100/200 you can often rep a lot by the river when they usually have a 1 pair hand as they usually shove draws in a 3bet pot so when the board gets scarier its actually good for us as they would have shoved a fd otf.

2) Villain seemed aggressive (high 3bet% over small sample) he is 3betting from the button, so think he will have quite a wide 3bet range here. I imagine a big part of his 3bet bluffing hands we dominate, suited kings/queens, he can also barrel on cards that are good for us and generally our hand plays well. In 3bet pots oop high cards > suited cards. I guess we 4bet AK pre flop, so if we are folding KQ we don't really have many strong hands on K/Q/A high boards, so I defend AQ/KQs and then against somebody who is aggressive I would go ahead and make a good adjustment of including more hands into my 4bet range, which I will also compensate by calling some more hands too.
    • any2just4u
      any2just4u
      Bronze
      Really nice video pads.

Great and easy explanations about your game-plan and how you approach certain situations with your whole range.

About the KJo hand, i have a large sample size from villain. He was a nit, but he has been changing his pre-flop game quite a lot but his postflop game didn't change so much. So basically he can call flop and turn a lot but he ALWAYS quits/fold otr. Thats why he tanked ;) I played a similar hand vs him, same positions, 130bbs deep, but i had KQo, i bet 27-33% in a low paired flop, lets say 552r, bet the same amount 6x turn and checked river A and he checks behind w/ AKo.
      Dont be disappointed!

Congrats :s_cool:

PS: I should shove the river too
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey man,

Thanks that you enjoyed it and also I think I showed you some respect in the video :)
    • any2just4u
      any2just4u
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pleno1
      Hey man,

Thanks that you enjoyed it and also I think I showed you some respect in the video :)
      Ahahah. I don't deserve it :P

Would be amazing to see one of our "big" hands. Maybe next time ;)
    • mko101
      mko101
      Bronze
      Just a question,

how would his bet-size affect your action on the river in the lnternet-style raise with A8hh when you were trying to rep backdoor flush at the beginning?

He bet $6. What would you do if he bet $10 or pot? If he overbet?
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mko101
      Just a question,

how would his bet-size affect your action on the river in the lnternet-style raise with A8hh when you were trying to rep backdoor flush at the beginning?

He bet $6. What would you do if he bet $10 or pot? If he overbet?
      Also what cards other than Kc would you choose to raise here with. And what sizing would you pick if you were to raise for value.

Very good vid btw, that's the quality I like seeing in diamond vids.
    • Lackoogcb
      Lackoogcb
      Black
      Hey pleno1!

If I have to be honest this and the lnternet videos are the best I've seen here so far nowadays!

I have a few questions :)

:spade: Q1: QQ AxAs bet once and x/c twice, against which regular would you x/c turn then x/f river, or if you x/c twice and he shows up with Ax what changes would you do in these spots against him? I mean would you take a note "he saw me calldown on AAx 3betpot and then don't do it again for a while, or still do this line, etc" ? Sorry for my english I hope you understand my question.

:spade: Q2: I saw you 3betting 16$ vs minraise open in position. Was it a missclick, or do you want to 3bet bigger vs minraises even if you're IP? You'd 3bet 2.5-3x if they raise 3bb? What whould your squeeze size look like in position? 3bb,3bb->10bb? (it was 12bb OOP)

:spade: Q3: KJ hand, I think he can have a lot of Tx hands like KTs, QTs, JTs, T9s, T8s, T7s, maybe ATs... I know most likley for him to call with those hands but you both are really deep and maybe a squeezer behind him, so he might 3bet those as well. And we don't know anything about his 3betting range either. And if we look at the result he did 3bet with AJs!!!! So don't we have to worry about Txs hands? Or even if he has sometimes it will be a profitable bluff spot (Tx calls, anything else folds)?

I think river ace is the worst card on river, he could easy call two small bets w AK,AQ,AJ and I think we can no longer valueshove our KK,QQ. So basically our value range when we shove on the river is Tx or nothing, maaaaaybe AQ AK but those are really thin.

really great video btw
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      Have couple of questions myself:

Also interested in the A8s hand regarding what you would do vs a normal sizing OTR. I'm kind of struggling in this spot as I feel my A high isnt quite good OTR and raising well we rep not much.

min 35 w AJo when you cold 4B. I didn't quite get the reason why you want to make it a bit bigger? We are a bit deep (~160bb) but IP. Why would 35-36bb be bad?

Thanks
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Some question from my side :) .

• 2:40 - QQ: You bet flop really small and I wonder wheter you ever bet this small with a hand like AK? I would bet bigger with AK because if we bet this small on the flop we will nog have a nice SPR on the river for an AI. So do you bet differently with different hands from your range here? Isn't that unbalanced?

• 5:45 - J9o: I would rather 3B preflop than defend by calling with this hand. Why is it better to just call? (Let's say he opens 2-2.5x)

• 6:20 - A8s: How do you estimate the highest EV on the flop? Bet vs check back. You say we can check back cause we also have a BDFD. But isn't this also an argument for a bet because we can barrel hearts? I think a check is fine vs aggro opponents.

• 12:30 - A8o: Merits of raising flop? Rather raise Kx8c? Would you raise A9 on this flop to merge your range? And lastly, would you give up on the river if called?

• 15:05 - TT: You mention the guys behind you don't sqz too much so far and tell us it's an argument for making a call here. But isn't it even better to call if they are aggro and sqz a lot? Then we can just make a 4bet and hopefully they spew 5B-AI? :)

• 15:45 - QJo: What hands do you sqz here? I don't believe fish is folding too much preflop and SPR sucks a bit cause his stack is nice to shove over our CB. Isn't that true? That's why QJo and KJo would be my bottom here and maybe call with pretty hands like SC's/QTs/.. ?

• 16:50 - T3s: Why bet that small on such a drawy flop? I tend to bet 3/4th pot at least on this flop with my whole range. And what do you think about villain's rivercheck?

• 19:00 - 54s: I don't really think a CB can ever be +EV here. We only hope he folds some Ahi's but he doesn't have many Ahi's he flats preflop which don't connect on this board. Even if he has Ahi he could raise cause your sizing is weak.

• 20:20 - JTo: Let's say the river is 9 :spade: and villain bets 1/2p. Easy fold on spades?

• 22:35 - KTo: Why do you bet so small again? It's like QQ on AAx, That isn't balanced right? Because again, you need to think about having a good riversizing left.

• 24:45 - K4s: You get a walk but what if SB steals? Is this always a 3B? Also vs 2x open? Or just call? Why? Ty

• 27:58 - K8o: You're in SB with K8o (you fold) but you say you're going to steal FI. In the BB there is a good aggro reg and if that's the case I'm even folding K9o and TJo in SB FI. Is this a leak?

• 29:41 - Q9o: I think villain's range for calling preflop is mainly broadways. He would never fold any broadwayhands vs this sizing on this flop I think so I doubt the CB is even +EV. You also don't have backup and can't barrel turns. Thoughts?

• 30:14 - QJo: UTG is most likely a fish so why would you not 3B KQ for value (You mention this). You also can't 3bet as a bluff preflop vs fish but that is what you do here if you would flat KQ? So you just assume he would not be a fish? Cause I understand your thinking if villain would be a regular.

• 31:00 - 98o: You would defend vs BTN minraise. Again, why call>3bet?

• 33:20 - 9Ts: What if he barrels turn? Easy fold right?

• And to finish my wall of questions I'm going to post my thoughts about the KJo tripple barrel bluff FWIW. So I think that a regular will have a polarized 3B-range IP vs MP. I think most suited Ax weaker than ATs so A2s-A9s and I think that these hands fill in a lot of combo's of his range for calling the 4bet. I also think he could have something like J9s, T8s, 78s, 76s BUT also a good amount of JJ+ hands cause it's a really good spot to call for him PF I think. So on the river he is not folding A2s-A9s and I also think he could herocall TT-KK sometimes because you only rep AA (?), I think you would rather x/c AK on the flop (?). And sometimes he has Tx like 8Ts indeed. Furthermore I think he could raise a hand like J9s on the turn because he has 0 SD-equity. So that's why I think it's a check/fold on the river. How would you play AK on flop/turn?

Sorry for this huge wall :) . I try to learn as much as possible from all the vids that will get published for the bootcamp! Hopefully you can at least answer a few of them? :f_biggrin:

Ty!
    • gonepoker
      gonepoker
      Bronze
      omg I was Pleno I would insta quit job after seeing that last post :D
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gonepoker
      omg I was Pleno I would insta quit job after seeing that last post :D
      :f_cry:

If that would be true I'd insta remove it :s_thumbsup:
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Lol, I'll reply to all of the points tommorow :)
    • Varune
      Varune
      Bronze
      Farma being Farma.

True story.
    • Lackoogcb
      Lackoogcb
      Black
      I almost wrote "sorry for the long post" at the end of my comment, now I don't sorry at all :D
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Should I delete some?

I just thought in the bootcamp we should look after details and get discussions going, making in-depth analysis. :P
    • Lackoogcb
      Lackoogcb
      Black
      ofcourse not! If you'd delete my post would look longer, and I'm curious as well :s_biggrin: