[NL20-NL50] 25shz QQ MP

• AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $61.18 (244.7 bb)
      SB: $25 (100 bb)
      BB: $18.21 (72.8 bb)
      UTG: $10.16 (40.6 bb)
      Hero (MP): $49.75 (199 bb)
      CO: $40.77 (163.1 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q Q
      UTG calls $0.25, Hero raises to $1, 2 folds, SB raises to $3.50, 2 folds, Hero calls $2.50

Flop: ($7.50) 6 8 J (2 players)
      SB bets $4.50, Hero calls $4.50

Turn: ($16.50) 8 (2 players)
      SB bets $6.25, Hero calls $6.25

River: ($29) 9 (2 players)
      SB bets $10.75 and is all-in, Hero calls $10.75

Results:
      $50.50 pot ($2 rake)
      Final Board: 6 8 J 8 9
      SB showed A K and won $48.50 ($23.50 net)
      Hero mucked Q Q and lost (-$25 net)

VPIP: 25, PFR: 23, 3B: 21, AF: 0,0, Hands: 40

I had only 40 hands on xem, but so far he looked solid, so I didn't feel like stacking PF vs xyr 3Bet vs my not-open raise.
      Should I do it instead?

Either way, I went for IP play.
      Flop obvious call.
      Turn call because of small size, didn't realize xe could stack me anyway on river easily <.< damn
      Not sure why I called down all the way.
      The only thing worse than me that can do that are bluffs and a rare AJ, that probably doesn't even 3Bet me PF.
  • 3 replies
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey AtrociousNightmare,

Usually when you open in MP and get 3bet by SB it's ok to muck QQ. If villain is 3betting light specifically vs MP the your best option is to defend this hand by calling.

You have to flat the flop almost always, even without an overpair. Usually vs a 2nd barrel you've run into their value range at these stakes, most of which has QQ beat.

I'd probably fold the turn. I don't think a call is ridiculous or anything purely because of the price you are getting with a flush-draw, but that could easily be dominated.

If you didn't fold turn, river is easy fold imo.
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Originally posted by w34z3l
      Usually when you open in MP and get 3bet by SB it's ok to muck QQ. If villain is 3betting light specifically vs MP the your best option is to defend this hand by calling.
      Very surprised to hear this.
      Any indication in terms of 3Bet stat numbers that could help me going in the right direction?
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by AtrociousNightmare
      Very surprised to hear this.
      Any indication in terms of 3Bet stat numbers that could help me going in the right direction?

Keep in mind it is strategy specific to the stake, and not generic strategy advice.

It's rare there is a a light 3bet dynamic SB vs MP in micro-stakes games. SB 3better often has primarily a value range even if he bluffs from other positions. It's important to check specifically 3bet vs MP stat.

You'll often find a lot of players have 3bet stats vs MP, 3% or lower. QQ is behind that range, you can't really defend profitably.

Against 4% range QQ is flipping. It's still not a great spot to call though because you suffer from a lot of reverse implieds. When villain misses with a hand like AK you make no additional money, and when you both flop overpairs, very often he will have the better overpair and you are the one getting stacked.

6% 3bet is typically a range that has some light hands. It won't be overly exploitable in general, but you will want to play hands like QQ.

8%+ You are definitely always playing QQ and expanding your calling range to include weaker hands.