[NL20-NL50] 25shz K5s BU

• AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BTN): $41.64 (166.6 bb)
      SB: $28.41 (113.6 bb)
      BB: $25.16 (100.6 bb)
      UTG: $27.62 (110.5 bb)
      MP: $44.16 (176.6 bb)
      CO: $49.95 (199.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with K 5
      UTG folds, MP raises to $0.75, CO folds, Hero raises to $2.25, 2 folds, MP calls $1.50

Flop: ($4.85) J K 6 (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero bets $3.07, MP calls $3.07

Turn: ($10.99) 6 (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero checks

River: ($10.99) 2 (2 players)
      MP bets $7.50, Hero calls $7.50

Results:
      $25.99 pot ($1.42 rake)
      Final Board: J K 6 6 2
      Hero showed K 5 and won $24.57 ($11.75 net)
      MP showed Q T and lost (-$12.82 net)

VPIP: 30, PFR: 23, 3B: 10, AF: 7,2, Hands: 164
      WTSD: 37
      W$SD: 27

Xe has a reversed positional awareness (lol), being xyr PFR to be large on EP and decreasing until a fairly tight BB.

PF bluff. [in these days I'm experimenting a bit as I'm trying to extend my bluffs and my 3Bet range, and generally become less nitty]
      Should I check the flop instead and Bet (or call) twice?
      I didn't feel too comfortable checking flop due to the J, leading to gutshots and the like.
      If it was say K66 I probably would have checked behind flop and bet or call turn+river.

(I don't think I can ever find 3 streets of value)
  • 5 replies
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey AtrociousNightmare,

If villain has high Ft3bet, bluff will be +EV in a vacuum. I don't actually think it's necessary to have K5s in your range. Assuming KQ is bottom of your flatting range, that leaves KJs,KTs,K9s,K8s, I wouldn't necessarily extend my bluff range as far as K5s.

Flop - I prefer a check back with the intention of bluff-catching later streets. It's unlikely villain flats pr 3bet OOP with QT. (If he does, you picked a bad target to bluff in the first place). So the strongest draw he has mostly is a gutshot. The rest of time he either has you crushed or holds a hand like TT which will have trouble calling.

River is usually a fold imo. There aren't too many worse hands villain is playing this way. He might play AJ,AQ this way, but even if he gets to river with these hands he may not bluff A-high.
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Originally posted by w34z3l
      Hey AtrociousNightmare,

If villain has high Ft3bet, bluff will be +EV in a vacuum. I don't actually think it's necessary to have K5s in your range. Assuming KQ is bottom of your flatting range, that leaves KJs,KTs,K9s,K8s, I wouldn't necessarily extend my bluff range as far as K5s.

Flop - I prefer a check back with the intention of bluff-catching later streets. It's unlikely villain flats pr 3bet OOP with QT. (If he does, you picked a bad target to bluff in the first place). So the strongest draw he has mostly is a gutshot. The rest of time he either has you crushed or holds a hand like TT which will have trouble calling.

River is usually a fold imo. There aren't too many worse hands villain is playing this way. He might play AJ,AQ this way, but even if he gets to river with these hands he may not bluff A-high.
      What does +EV in a vacuum mean?

Agree with the rest.
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by AtrociousNightmare
      What does +EV in a vacuum mean?
      It means to take the situation in isolation and forget all other hands exist.

I also think 3betting 27o would be profitable here in a vacuum. I wouldn't do it though, because if I was 3betting 27o I'd be 3betting all the hands in between, and then I'd be 3betting too much.

So, what you want to avoid is 3betting K5s one orbit, then the next orbit you start folding hands like K9s "because you 3bet last orbit" and don't want to become exploitable.
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      You've been SUPER helpful today to me w34z3l (how do u even pronounce that btw?), thank you so much!
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by AtrociousNightmare
      You've been SUPER helpful today to me w34z3l (how do u even pronounce that btw?), thank you so much!
      Hey, no problem.

As for my screen-name, 3 = E 4 = A

weasel = as in the furry rodent like creature :D