[NL20-NL50] 25shz AA MP

• AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $18.07 (72.3 bb)
      SB: $43.37 (173.5 bb)
      BB: $20.81 (83.2 bb)
      UTG: $79.53 (318.1 bb)
      Hero (MP): $100.98 (403.9 bb)
      CO: $24.02 (96.1 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A A
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $0.75, 3 folds, BB calls $0.50

Flop: ($1.60) 2 7 T (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.14, BB calls $1.14

Turn: ($3.88) T (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $3.11, BB calls $3.11

River: ($10.10) 3 (2 players)
      BB bets $9.50, Hero folds

Results:
      $10.10 pot ($0.55 rake)
      Final Board: 2 7 T T 3
      BB mucked and won $9.55 ($4.55 net)
      Hero mucked A A and lost (-$5 net)

VPIP: 36, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 0,6, Hands: 11

Too tight fold on river?
  • 4 replies
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      I think if he had the T or completed flush he would check raise the turn. Calling and Donking the river smells much more like a busted flush draw or straight draw.

With a pot size bet I think we can call and expect to be right half the time and be profitable.
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cutegoldfish
      I think if he had the T or completed flush he would check raise the turn. Calling and Donking the river smells much more like a busted flush draw or straight draw.

With a pot size bet I think we can call and expect to be right half the time and be profitable.
      I understand we have only 11 hands on xem but, can we really expect a bluff on river with that AF?
      If he had a bigger AF I would definitely have called but...

Same goes for the assumption of the XR.
      Usually these players slowplay and then donk the river (or XR it) just like this one did, no?
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      11 hands is just not enough to conclude his play on the river, he probably never went to river before in his 11 hands.

fishes do have the tendency sometimes to bet out the river when missed. I think they are more likely to check/raise then to bet out themselves on the river with trips or better. What was the purpose of calling the turn (according to him??) in the first place? probably to get more money in with his trips and how he should aim to do that is to check raise the river, not to donk out himself.

I could be wrong, and you still have the odds to call, you only need to be right less than 33% of the time. I think more than 33% of the time he shows up with a hand like QJ KJ
    • ChangNoi77
      ChangNoi77
      Bronze
      I see this line from fish all the time, and I used to assume missed draws etc, but found that more often than not at the micros they just didn't want to scare you off by raising the turn and are scared you'll check behind river.

Would be interested to hear what other micro players think about villains line here.