fold, fold, Hero raises to $1.20, fold, BB calls $0.70

Flop: ($2.65, 2 players) 7:club: 8:club: 5:heart:
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.90, BB raises to $6.00, Hero calls $4.10

Turn: ($14.65, 2 players) 5:diamond:
      BB bets $10.50, Hero calls $10.50

River: ($35.65, 2 players) 4:heart:
      BB bets $24.00, Hero calls $24.00

Villain 19/17 reg, 12% resteal vs btn, 20% raise cbet
      Seems like he likes to attack this kind of boards and then barrel of, but he folds BB to steal 87% so I dont expect have hands that hit this board.
  • 3 replies
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by jachis
      Seems like he likes to attack this kind of boards and then barrel of
      You've seen him take this line as a bluff before?

Fundamentally nothing too wrong with the hand if you think he's getting out of line. If he was unknown I'd just fold the flop.

His value range is pretty much only 77/88/55, so if you think there is a decent chance he he will just check-raise and fire 3 barrels the hand is fine I guess.

Having said that, the spot is going to be high variance. Even his bluff range has good equity vs you, and there are plenty of bad board run-outs where you are possibly going to have no clue what to do vs a 3barrel.

I'd probably adjust my ranges so I could defend sufficiently often without having T8o in my call-checkraise range. In other words I'd still fold the flop, and find better hands to defend with. If he's defending primarly vs cbets with check-raises there may not even be a need to put this hand into your cbetting range.
    • jachis
      jachis
      Bronze
      Havent actually seen a showdown in similar spots so probably not very good assumption.

Do you think its a call down in similar spots after seing villain hand KJo here? A bluff with very poor equity. What adjustments do I make?
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Do you think its a call down in similar spots after seing villain hand KJo here? A bluff with very poor equity.
      Hehe, yeah, T8o is a monster. However if he doesn't defend often by calling OOP then it's fine to not even cbet T8o. I'd rather bluffcatch 2streets with top-pair-weak-kicker and bluff-catch 3 streets with a monster.

What adjustments do I make?
      Expand your 3bet-bluff range and/or include semi-bluffs that flat c/r and jam turn.

AND

Play trappier with big hands. Tend towards slowplaying even on boards that would normally be drawy enough to raise.

If you don't mind, please use "advise judge of taking another look" button any time you'd like a judge to take another look at your thread, it helps the judges out a lot. Thanks :)