Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (BB): $55.41
      BTN: $35.43
      SB: $66.04

SB posts SB $0.25, Hero posts BB $0.50

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.75) Hero has Q:heart: 8:heart:

fold, SB raises to $1.50, Hero calls $1.00

Flop: ($3.00, 2 players) 3:heart: 9:club: 7:heart:
      SB bets $2.13, Hero raises to $7.00, SB raises to $16.00, Hero calls $9.00

Turn: ($35.00, 2 players) Q:diamond:
      SB bets $15.00, Hero?????, fold

Villain 23/18, RFI SB 32% , cbet OOP 71%. Because of the preovious history he could view me as a bit bluffy and more bluffheavy here.

Should I call turn, call river?
  • 1 reply
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey Jachis,

Preflop flat is ok, although you won't have an equity edge vs a 31% steal. In order to make this profitable, ideally you'll have target a specific leak, i.e - villain c/f flop too much, or doesn't barrel enough, or barrels too often. If you don't have a vague idea of this info I'd just 3bet preflop.

Seeing as villain cbetting so often I feel this hand is too strong to put in your raising range. I'd raise something a little worse and flat here with Q8s. You are getting a decent price and you should be able to steal on the turn if villain checks.

Vs flop 3bet it's probably a fold imo. Sure, you are getting 25.7% pot-odds but often you are only going to see one more card. Also just because you think villain thinks you are light, doesn't mean he's going to do anything about it. In all likelihood he probably just has a set which reduces your equity with a flush-draw, but it's true he might hold overpairs, and occasionally be bluffing too.

I'd probably call turn when you improve to a pair. Against a hand like AA/KK you easily get the right price. Vs a set you are a few percent short on equity required but you should have river implieds to make up for it on any river. (Still $17 or so effective stacks for river).