A few questions about the software

• metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Is there no "Sit out next big blind" checkbox? All there is for me is "Sit out" next hand.

Is there any way to re-tile? When I open a new table it automatically adjusts, but not when I close one, so I had 6 tables open, closed 3, and wanted to resize the last 3 while I waited for the BB to come round to me, but pushing the tile button didn't work, and had to manually resize.

Also are the normal anon tables a lot faster than Stars normal tables? On Stars and FT I played usually between 6 and 9 normal tables depending on how many fishy tables I can find, but here even 4 anon tables seems to be a little stressful in terms of speed. It may just be that I haven't played in a week, and am also not used to the software, cos in the lobby the Hands/Hr only seemed to be a little higher than Stars.
  • 8 replies
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hey there Metza!

It's been a while since I've played on the microgaming software, but here I go.

From what I remember there wasn't a button for sitting out next bb.

What I used to do was to wait till I was on the button and then uncheck the "auto post blinds" box. This way you won't post the blind and you can just sit out.

EDIT:
      For the table sizes I think you have to click "menu" (right top of every table), and then click "save table lay-out"

I don't know about the speed of the anon tables. But I think it'll be because you haven't played in a while and it's different software. I also have that feeling when I change rooms.

Again this is from heart what I can still remember.

Regards

RasTweet
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Thanks that method works well.

Do you know if there's any way to stop the software from rabbit chasing?
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      The software what what? :D

I'm sorry I don't know what "rabbit chasing" means in this context.

Regards
      RasTweet
    • Sholja
      Sholja
      Bronze
      Originally posted by metza
      Thanks that method works well.

Do you know if there's any way to stop the software from rabbit chasing?
      Open one table and then Menu->General Options->Show Rabbit Cam Cards
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RasTweet
      The software what what? :D

I'm sorry I don't know what "rabbit chasing" means in this context.

Regards
      RasTweet

It's when you fold the flop or turn and then look to see what the next card would have been. A lot of the fish at my local live tourneys do it even though its against the rules. :f_biggrin:

Microgaming software does it by default everytime, and if I fold its not helpful to see what the next card would have been.

Thanks for the answer Sholja. I love that they have it because it reinforces to the fish to chase "oh man I would have got a flush, lets call next time" but don't want to see it myself.
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      I use the rabbit cam to help me decide if villain was perhaps repping a hand he didn't have amongst other things and it sometimes gives me clues.

A lot of people think it's only for recreational players but you can use it to gain information as well when you think about it.

Regards,

Mal.
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gadget51
      I use the rabbit cam to help me decide if villain was perhaps repping a hand he didn't have amongst other things and it sometimes gives me clues.

A lot of people think it's only for recreational players but you can use it to gain information as well when you think about it.

Regards,

Mal.
      That is actually quite clever, I never thought of the rabbit cam like that.

I think it will be very very rare where you can actually use that one card to know for sure that villain was full of it, but often you can make some small inferences I guess.
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Oh Rabbit chasing why didn't you say that :coolface:

Thanks for the help Sholja! :f_love:

About using the rabbit cam: our very own pleno1 talked about it during a coaching and he said it's very useful from time to time. Like Gadget explained. Thing is you have to keep yourself together! If you see that you would've hit if you called you just have to say "meh" and go on with the next hand and don't tilt! I'd tilt to be honest :D I'm a fish :pokerface: