bankrool building with SNG's

• PokerJP
      PokerJP
      Bronze
      Hello to evrybody first :)

I decided to post my blog on pokerstrategy as well cause i think this is one the best sites for improving your poker skills...

I'm currently playing SNG's on Pokerstars, where my BRM is currently around 60$, so i'm playing micro stakes 0.25$ 90max & 45max, 0.50$ 90max turbo and 1.50$ 50fifty STT.

My goal for this month is:
      - play around 400-500 SNG's/STT's (that number is currently at 50)
      - build BR so i have 300buy in's for 0.50$ and 100 buy in's for 1.50 STT
      - go threw HH and see where i make most mistakes
      - start watching videos about SNG's
      - if BR will be good play 10events in MicroMillions and hopefully get some good result

At the end of the month i will tell if goals was reached or not
      :spade: goal exceeded
      :heart: goal achieved
      :diamond: goal almost achieved
      :club: goal wasn't achieved
  • 34 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hello PokerJP and welcome to PokerStrategy

I will be following your blog with interest as I also play the .25c 45 man SnGs on PokerStars. My stars SN is laz1961. I will also look to play some MicroMillions as well. If you come across me don't be too hard on me :f_biggrin:

What is your next step after you reach your BR targets?

Good luck and see you at the tables :D
    • PokerJP
      PokerJP
      Bronze
      Next step will definitly be going to the next lvl of buy in's, so that's mean for STT's 3.50 and for SNG's 1$ & 2.50$ 90max... So when i reach goals with BR i will be probably keep playing the same limits whit few shot on higher buy in's until i have enough buy in's for next lvl
      75-100 buy in's for regular SNG/STT's and 150 buy in's for turbo...
      but one step at the time :)

well my nickname is Maestro-J27 and i think we haven't played togheter yet :D
    • PokerJP
      PokerJP
      Bronze
      Yestrday was quite a good day, when it comes to profit but not so good when it came down to volume, but that just means i'll have to pick it up today and play a lot a lot more :)
      but because there will be livestream from london EPT i think that wont be a problem :)

so yea i'm getting close to get my first goals achieved :)
    • legand73
      legand73
      Bronze
      Hey Pokerjp

Welcome to our blogging section. Good luck with your goals.

All the best,
      Luke
    • maythany
      maythany
      Bronze
      Hello Sir,

I wish you the best at the 45-90 man SNGs. I hear they are extremely fishy especially at the buy-ins you're playing at. I don't know much about fifty50 games, but I don't think they are really worth your time when you can focus more on those 45-90 man games?

I just feel like the return isn't worth your time investment. Maybe I'm wrong? I've only played 50 of them and have a -ROI overall so I can be a little biased. :rolleyes: :s_cool: :s_love: :s_mad:
    • PokerJP
      PokerJP
      Bronze
      Hello again!
      I know i didnt write much how project is going, but that's mostly because i wasn't playing that much, and because i decided to switch from 45 & 90 max to 18max.
      First reason to do that was because 90&45max just take way too long, to make it a good sesion, even if u're able to play 6tables at once, u still need to have at least 6hours time togheter without any interuption to make it a good and profitable sesion, and on other hand 18max only takes about 1h30min or so to be finished, so u're sesion can be about 3h long and can be really profitable.
      I must say that with knowledge that i have this games are really easy or better say soft so i plan to come from 1.50$ buy in to 3.50$ before April is over. Ofc there will always be spots when u'll be way ahead preflop and flop but still may lose the hand but that's poker right ;)

I did manage to play just over 300 tournaments in March and at the end of it it was break even month. Why it was like that i dont want to say right now, but let's just say i was experimenting a lot, and was also playing some games i shouldnt when i was on tilt from bad beats.
      So i decided to take this weekend away from poker and then from monday i start grinding those 18max SNG's.

So plan for April is:
      Come to 3.50$ 18 max SNG's (BR must be at least 70buy in's)
      Play at least 500 tournaments, and so become silver star (and with that i will also clear 2 10$ bonuses)
      And try to win a ticket for 2nd Anniversery Sunday Storm, that will be playing on April 7th.

And from now on i'll make reports on evry 30-40 tournaments i play :)
    • PokerJP
      PokerJP
      Bronze
      So this week wasn't so good in both volume and results but i think this mostly cause i played until today only 37 tournaments, and in that time lost lik 15th time in a row 80:20 situation's and then lost some coin flips etc, so until today i'm like 5$ down since start of the month. But after some talk with some i decided to play a bit more of 3.50$ SNG's 18&27max, cause i know i have the knowledge to play at that limit, just BR isn't there yet, but i know most of ppl suggest to play higher limit when u have at least 70BI, but i decided to move up to 3.50 when i'll have like 30-40BI, just because the play isn't so much different than on 1.50 but prizepool is bigger and VPP and FPP are accumulating much much faster :)
      but otherwise i'm quite happy with my perfomance, so when i'll held in that kind of situations i know i'll be getting some really good scores :)

for today i hope i'll be able to go and play Sat. Micro 3.30$ but i'll have to make late reg... but i'm almost sure that i'll play 1.10+r 3x turbo 60k GTD this evening for about 6bullets and let's hope for the best :)
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      gl mate :f_cool:
    • RedStarUltras
      RedStarUltras
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PokerJP
      So this week wasn't so good in both volume and results but i think this mostly cause i played until today only 37 tournaments, and in that time lost lik 15th time in a row 80:20 situation's and then lost some coin flips etc, so until today i'm like 5$ down since start of the month. But after some talk with some i decided to play a bit more of 3.50$ SNG's 18&27max, cause i know i have the knowledge to play at that limit, just BR isn't there yet, but i know most of ppl suggest to play higher limit when u have at least 70BI, but i decided to move up to 3.50 when i'll have like 30-40BI, just because the play isn't so much different than on 1.50 but prizepool is bigger and VPP and FPP are accumulating much much faster :)
      but otherwise i'm quite happy with my perfomance, so when i'll held in that kind of situations i know i'll be getting some really good scores :)

for today i hope i'll be able to go and play Sat. Micro 3.30$ but i'll have to make late reg... but i'm almost sure that i'll play 1.10+r 3x turbo 60k GTD this evening for about 6bullets and let's hope for the best :)
      Hey man,i suggest you to be extremely carefful while move to 3.5s.I think that 3.5s are tougher than 1.5s.Maybe you have a skill to beat them,but swing can make huge damage to your bankroll.
    • PokerJP
      PokerJP
      Bronze
      Tnx for suggestion... it's true i didnt play much of them yet this week, but i must say they are more suitable for my style of play... and the only thing why i think they are ''harder'' is downswing that can really hurt u, but on other hand if u manage to win one or two u get really good boost to the BR...so there are positive and negative sides, but so far they are going well specially cause i'm running way under EV (should have almost around 60$ profit from them, but having only 30$)
    • PokerJP
      PokerJP
      Bronze
      Hello again!
      I'm currently a bit behind schedule since i only played just over 70 tournaments in 8 days, but i think i'll manage to get some more volume in next day and hoppefully by the end of the week i'll be back on track. So today my BR got a nice boost since i won 3.50 27max, for just over 31$, and evrything is going in the right direction. Also my goal to get silver status this month and clear first 10$ bonus for 750 VPP is on schedule, since i already have just over 100 points and i only need 400 more in next 22 days :)
      About the game that is played on this lvl i must say i quite soft, and can be beat pretty easy, so i really hope i just keep grinding the way i am and evrything will be fine (i know downswing is possible, but i didnt even get any real upswing, that would cover my last downswing, evrything i made was real though grind).
    • adamrothwell
      adamrothwell
      Bronze
      Nice blog, you seem to be heading in the right direction :) how are the 3.50's compared to the $1 45 mans, if you ever played them?
    • PokerJP
      PokerJP
      Bronze
      I never liked to play 45max, dont know why, but i just didnt like the format, so i cant really say. But i would say the game isn't that much different, maybe the biggest difference is when 9players remain and u push with around 10BB stack there wont be any real light calls that can happen or smaller stakes -> i.e u push with K10s (10BBstack) and get call (on stakes up to a 1$ u are ussually ahead or in coin flip, cause most of ppl will call ver very light in my experiance, but in 3.50 when u get called u're ussually behind, or maybe in flips against small pocket pairs)
    • PokerJP
      PokerJP
      Bronze
      So currently I played just over 90 Tournaments, mostly because i still have some exams to do before i graduate from law universty. So at this point i'm happy the way i play and how my game is, so next step will be to get some volume up (will happen after 16.4), when i'll manage to play at least 6-7h/day or 30-40 SNG's/per day.
      I must say that yesterday i played 1.10+r 3xturbo and cashed for like 4xtimes what a bought in for (with rebuys and add on). I also manage to win yet another 27max :) so BR in growing even though tuesday was not good day at all -> lost about 10BI...
    • PokerJP
      PokerJP
      Bronze
      Hi again!
      After a long week, when i just couldn't play much, i finnaly manage to get some good grinding day :) played around 40 SNG's+MTT's, and if i could do that at least 3-4 days a week from now on it would be really really nice, but will see, i hope i will manage it.
      So what to say about the project? We are getting close to 200 SNG+MTT's played this month (hopeffuly i'll get there and past it tommorow). And so far it's going quite well, specially today was quite a nice day, managing to make at least 40$ profit so far (plus i'm on final table of 2.50 90max, right now when i'm writting this, so this number will be higher, just dont know how much yet).

About MTT's i must say i'm getting a bit angry at them lately, cause i always get a big blow to my stack or get busted right around the bubble, and usually is smt like 80:20 situation and guys hits two outer or smt like AKs vs J10s and guy flops str8 etc, u know what i'm talking about. I rarely go all in at bubble when i'm behind except if i have around 10BB and i know the shove is correct move in specific spot. But i hope i'll manage to survive one day with big stack and go for deep deep run :)

About SNG's i can say i have quite a good edge at 3.50$ buy in's on 9max, 18max and 27max, even though 18max are not strongest point righ now (not making any profit ATM). So when we approach money bubble i kinda get decent filling if i'm gonna win the tourny or not, even if i'm not chip leader. OFC there is always some luck involved, with what kind of karts u get and etc but lately i either win 27max or i bust before money... and on 9max i'm getting decent places as well, few wins, 2nd and 3rd places (but just under 50% ITM wise -> 7/15 and 2 wins from 7 times ITM)
    • PokerJP
      PokerJP
      Bronze
      Hello!

After more than a year i'm back at poker :) in this time i had so many different things in my life that i was playing poker more for fun, relaxation or didnt play it at all.
      And now i'm more decided than ever that i'll make a plan about playing poker and that stick to it.

So there aren't much changes in what i'm gonna play -> still will grind it up using SNG's but the games will be different.
      Mostly i'm gonna play 1$ 180max hyper's (good ROI there so far) and then i'm gonna add 1.50$ & 3.50$ 18max/27max and some 2.50$ 180max.

My current BR is at 122$ and short term goal is to get to 500$ by the end of the year. Now is that possible? I think it is, but the only problem i'll have is time to play, cause evryday i'm going into fitness and then i also have some more studying to do. But i think in the 4/5h per day that i'll have i can play a lot of SNG's and make it there.

And more goal is there for this year -> playing our national championship in november (3 or 4 events, but more on that later).

Today we start to grind again and we'll see where this takes me :D
    • PokerJP
      PokerJP
      Bronze
      Since my last post i did build my BR up a litlle bit so now it stand at around 233$. But because lack of time i decided to only play 9man turbo's (regular and KO), and i'm currently playing 3.50$ only... And since my HM2 didnt store all the SNG's i played i can say that in last 18 that i played on new computer i have 6 wins, 1 2nd and 1 third place so that's going well for me :)
      But prior to that i managed to win some 1$ 180man so that's that kick in BR :)

This month main goal isnt so much online play (even though i hope i'll manage to get in around 300 games, which would make me a silver status) but the national championship of poker which will be played on last weekend of november (29&30.11.2014, that's when the Main Event will be), prior to that there will be some side evets which this year i wont be attending cause of study obligations :/

and i really need to be more active here from now on, cause that's when i know i'll put down the effort :)

now it's fitness time, than a quick sleep and continuation of WSOP ME final table :)
    • PokerJP
      PokerJP
      Bronze
      yesterday i managed to play around 23 STT's (i'm starting to multitable, 8 tables at the time) in did ok i think... I need to adjust a bit, cause of quick actions but it's going into the right direction, cause i did end the day in the black.
      I must say that yesterday coaching with C. Moshman was great, specially cause he talked about leaks and i know i still have some, that i need to work on them, specially vs tight passive players.

So current balance is like this:
      41 played (214 to go if i want to reach silver)
      8 wins
      6 runner up
      4 3place

BR: 242$ (i know that rough 70-80 BI isnt such a good BR, but i think i have the know/how to beat this limit, but wont be going into 7$ until i have at least 600+, then i'll start with my first shot's, and i'll get into MTTSNG's more around that BI as well, cause colin did say that you need at least 200 but even better 300 BI for them, cause of the swings).

END of the year goals are still the same:
      500+$ BR
      500+ STT's played
    • PokerJP
      PokerJP
      Bronze
      So what did happen in my project in last couple of days? i havent been much playing cause of some other obligations, plus i spend some time studying the game as well and it helped i must say, cause outside the project i finish 11 in Sunday Prime tournament od WH Poker for good 100€, but am still not too happy with the result cause i think i made a mistake on the end when i busted. Cause i had around 25-30BB stack (was 5th at that time), and the short stack min opened from CO, i was on SB and was thinking about just flatting there, but on other hand in pot was like 100k and i had like 650 behind, so i thought if i shove with 99 and he calls ok, but if not nice increasment, right move? wrong BB woke up with TT and busted me :( But ok, after i rewiev the whole MTT i think i'll be ok with it, but it hurts cause i knew i was good enough to win that 2.2k€ first place. But ok that's MTT...

Back to SNG's and the project on stars :D

currently played 94/255 (why 255, cause that much is enough to make me silver)
      ITM: 41 top 3 finish, but ITM is otherwise 48%
      ROI%: 24.9
      1st 16
      2nd 15
      3rd 10
      BR: 282$ (on stars) and 158$ on WHPoker

For the project reasons i think i'll consider both BR from WH and Stars to make at least 500$+ but dont know yet, will let u all know :D

I think i'll play some more today or maybe start doing rewiev cause we are close to 100 played and i've played quite a lot of hands in that period

gl at the tables and see you tommorow (i hope :D )