When is wrong to make continiation bet?

• harleytopper
      harleytopper
      Bronze
      In articles there is only one advice to make continiation bet everytime against one oppontent. Im just wondering in which situations you don't make continiation bets against one and two opponents?
  • 2 replies
    • Gungunhana
      Gungunhana
      Bronze
      IMO c-bets being bluff bets, are very much case dependant. I wouldn´t c-bet against calling stations for example or in multiway pots.
      Apart from these situations, if you are the PFA, I think it is almost mandatory to c-bet.
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Hi harleytopper,

there are only a few situations. For example if you play vs extreme callingstation wher you even have to fear a call againsta a turnbet.

If you are the PFR you bet always. There are no exceptions as far as I know. The pot is very big already and your equity + fold equity is nearly always good enough. Additionally you balance your lines. If you start checking with air you will get exploited in two ways.
      For once your checks are always weak so you will be confronted with a bet and you have to give up.
      Your bets also get slightly stronger so you get less value with your better hands.
      This can be balanced of course but it's very difficult to do.