[NL2-NL10] KK on A board facing min bet

• Jafreiteris
      Jafreiteris
      Bronze
      PKR, $0.02/$0.04 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

UTG: $3.66 (91.5 bb)
      Hero (MP): $4 (100 bb)
      CO: $3.05 (76.3 bb)
      BTN: $4.10 (102.5 bb)
      SB: $1.74 (43.5 bb)
      BB: $4.05 (101.3 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K K
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $0.16, CO folds, BTN calls $0.16, SB calls $0.14, BB folds

Flop: ($0.52) A 3 8 (3 players)
      SB bets $0.04, Hero calls $0.04, BTN folds

Turn: ($0.60) 3 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.45, Hero folds

Results:
      $0.60 pot ($0.06 rake)
      Final Board: A 3 8 3
      Hero mucked K K and lost (-$0.20 net)
      SB mucked and won $0.54 ($0.34 net)
  • 8 replies
    • RedStarUltras
      RedStarUltras
      Bronze
      that min bet could mean two things or he has an ace and just min bet because he is feared that you have a stronger one,or he just tryed to see do you have an ace and when you just called he was sure that you don t have one,and then he bluffed you.you should just decide which one of these... :s_cool:
    • gavinonymous
      gavinonymous
      Bronze
      I agree. If the fish has any decent hand (and any logic.. which is an assumption) then why not wait for you with initiative to bet and get more money that way?

I would raise such a min donk and expect an insta-fold.

If fish calls the raise, then proceed with caution.
    • Jafreiteris
      Jafreiteris
      Bronze
      i thinked that he could have a set, just waiting for a reraize to build pot size and put me in all in.
    • Jackalof
      Jackalof
      Bronze
      i thinked that he could have a set, just waiting for a reraize to build pot size and put me in all in.

That's a bit paranoid, don't you think? Vs random raising min donk is almost always a correct play, with intention to continuing super agro mode on later streets.

And to think of it - NL4 player thinks ahead about building a pot, hits a set on flop and decides to mindonk to build a pot, expecting a raise from you? Wow, poker is evolving, soon it will be unprofitable to grind playmoney :(

Anyway, on such a dry board, the play is easy. And if for some reason you think he's good, then call flop and raise turn to mindfuck him.

P. S. It's "I thought", not "I thinked".

Best regards from grammar Nazi.
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

Moved this to no limit hand evaluations for you.

Please to to post in the appropriate forums ok?

Thanks,

Mal.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi,

I agree that the minbet could mean anything. I'm treating it as a check. And I'm prepared to call one street to bluff catch with 2nd pair.

So I'll call the Turn and fold the River. I still think we are good enough of the time to justify the call on the Turn. We have to call 45 more to win a pot of 1.50 so we need to be good 30% of the time.

Thanks.
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Gold
      Originally posted by gavinonymous
      I agree. If the fish has any decent hand (and any logic.. which is an assumption) then why not wait for you with initiative to bet and get more money that way?

I would raise such a min donk and expect an insta-fold.

If fish calls the raise, then proceed with caution.

They are fish, they don't know about pokerstrategy, and especially that the player with initiative will probably cbet (which is not true in 3way). So in my experience about fish play at this limit, they mostly bet small when they have a draw, and big with made hand. They also bet small with weak Ax to see how good is your hand. So I think it is ok to call small bet and fold turn.
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Gold
      Originally posted by Jackalof

That's a bit paranoid, don't you think? Vs random raising min donk is almost always a correct play, with intention to continuing super agro mode on later streets.

And to think of it - NL4 player thinks ahead about building a pot, hits a set on flop and decides to mindonk to build a pot, expecting a raise from you? Wow, poker is evolving, soon it will be unprofitable to grind playmoney :(

Anyway, on such a dry board, the play is easy. And if for some reason you think he's good, then call flop and raise turn to mindfuck him.

P. S. It's "I thought", not "I thinked".

Best regards from grammar Nazi.
      I think his donk is realistically most of the time a weak Ax, or a set. Many fish bet small with set to induce bluff, they are also afraid that people fold if they bet large. On turn he bets large because nobody raise him. Makes sense. If we call flop and raise turn, we obviously don't have a strong hand but just bluff. Also it is very optimistic to try to fold fish having Ax, they are just not able to fold top pair.